[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do I do with my family?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: youre-fired.jpg (21KB, 351x371px) Image search: [Google]
youre-fired.jpg
21KB, 351x371px
>M
>18
>senior year
>Bosnia and Herzegovina (Europe)

My family is very dysfunctional. My parents as a group: They raised me and my 5 year older sister very strictly while abiding by the rules of islam. Also they taught us that only islam is correct and they never showed any other opinion. (I am an atheist and yes, they don't know). Enough about the religion part.
They used to physically punish us as kids by whipping us. I'm not sure of my sister but I was always afraid of what people thought of me and if I was good enough. It's because as I was growing up, my parents always compared me to other kids and told me that they were better than me. Not to say I didn't have a privileged childhood, I did have it. My parents bought me whatever toy I wanted and they showed love and care a lot. It's just that they made me think I wasn't good enough.
Enough of my sob story: This is their character breakdown and what usually happens.

My dad: 58 year old, religious, soon to be retiring engineer (they don't earn that much here) with diabetes and an unhealthy heart. He cares for the family but he doesn't do nowhere near as much work as my mom. He uses his heart as an excuse.

My mom: 54 year old doctor (they don't earn that much). She works like a slave. Honestly, she is the only person keeping our household clean and our family healthy. I love her the most because she invested everything she had into me and my sister and loves us a lot.

My sister: An ignorant, arrogant 22 year old medical student with many complexes about her stomach and her looks who lives in another country. (She's a bit fat and she's way too worried about it). She always grew up as more of a golden child in their eyes than me cuz she always had straight A's but I didn't have them in high school. Nowadays she flunked freshman year 2 times, she has been going to medical school for 5 years and she's still in year 2 of 6. And no, she doesn't have a job, she is fully funded by my parents.
>>
2:
Still covering my sister: And when I say complexes about being fat, I mean REAL complexes where she gets sad and almost starts crying after looking at her stomach. Then she gets so crazy and bitchy that she accuses my mom of making dishes for fat people on purpose just to make her fat. She even starts yelling. I am not shitting you.

Basically, this is how they all behave: My mom and dad never hit each other, they never got physical. But I doubt they love each other even one bit because they have verbal fights EVERY SINGLE DAY. I often wake up to the sound of my mom screaming at my father for doing something wrong and not following her orders. They never show affection towards each other and my mom thinks he is cheating on her.
My parents will start a fight with me whenever I disobey their rules of religion. They will start a fight with me whenever I get a bad grade instead of ever encouraging me that I can fix it. They always criticize me, no matter what I do. They stopped physically abusing me when I was 14 but at that point I wanted to run away from home and start a new life, I even dreamed about killing my father. I don't know why i was so fucked up then, probably my hormones. I had very bad relations with them from 13 to 17 because I was also influenced by music a bit. But in the last 2 years, I've tried fixing my relations by showing that I love them and I truly did realize that family is important in life. They showed love back.

Now, they always had fights with my sister because of how she chose to dress and what diet shw chose and what kind of man she would fall in love to. Those are all stupid topics to fight about, but tjatjuat how they are. Just the other night, my mom found a small pair of tiny jeans in my sister's closet. They started to fight with her over the clothes ahe wears even though she is an adult.
>>
3:
Now, what my sister does. Even though she wants to lose weight, she ia crazy about some food (I know, it's insane). Whenever we have a meal with her, she runs to the table and starts a fight with anyone who chose her e.g.part of the pie. She is also a very vocal person, she starts screaming as soon as something annoys her.

Now, my mom and dad worked like this: my mom- bad cop, my dad-good cop.
My mom was the one who always gave punishments, the one who always gave me beatings and she was always the leader of the house. She taught me discipline and the importance of knowledge. My dad taught me similar things but he always there so I could have someone to spend fun time with. But he and I had our shares of fights that got physical when I was in puberty.

I just want a normal family. A family that I can be proud of being mine. But it feels like I can never talk to them because they woukd always undermine me foe being the youngest. Also, I don't know what to do with the fact that I'm an atheist and they are very religious.
What do I just do in general? How can i fix my family, I've been trying it for years? (Also, I'm moving out as soon as I finish high school)
>>
It really sounds like me, I really see myself reflected on your life. I am still on that situation but my thoughts have changed.
First of all, your parents will die, unfortunately,(or fortunately) you won´t have to put up with that anymore.
Following which, family grows, when your household grows as you have children, your family will be you, your significant other and your children, that´s it, as well as your children won´t be your family anymore when they grow up to have children and so on.
Now about your sister, encourage her on a healthy diet, try to explain your parents in a religious way, not based in science, as they won´t understand otherwise. It seems like your sister has some kind of mental problem concerning her body image, coming from such an exigent family (you, yourself said you thought you weren´t good enough) so, summing up, your parents can´t be fixed but your sister can.
>>
>>18632168
Whatever I tell her, she shuns it and acts like it's not a real deal. She believes she has the intelligence high ground because I play video games all day and she has A's (in high school, which she earned 5 years ago). I'm just trying to help ffs.
>>
>>18632039
Greetings from across the river Drina.
Aj sad da ga nabadam na engleskom.

Very complicated situation, but when you think for yourself and your happiness what do you see ?

If i were you, and this is my opinion, i would forget fully about your sister, i mean i wouldnt give a flying fuck about her tantrums and complexes.Mind your own buisness.
Same with father, dont mind him, move out of his way, answer simply with yes/no and forget about him.

As of mother, stick with her when she needs you, to talk about stuff, morning coffee, to cook something together, small shit like that.
Help her out because she can be support for you.
Years will pass ofcourse but you focus on finishing whatever school you started,look for job or do anything that pays off while you look for job. Anything. To se kod nas kaze, imaj svoj dinar da ti niko ne sere.Barem za cigare i da se obuces a da ne cimas staru.
Then when you get somewhat secured financialy and if you rent somewhere,even better
THEN sit them down for talk. Tell them everything you typed here. Everything you mind about them, see how it goes from there.
Anyway i hope you will get to some college there and move out so you dont have to put out with their shit anymore. Maybe everything is just temporary like that, shit changes over years, you will see.
I think that you parents are frustrated very much over your failed golden child sister, so make sure she either finishes what she started or stops that med school shit and changes for something else.
Hope it somehow makes sense what i wanted to say. Ebo me engleski, nek ti je sa srecom.
Jos si mlad,polako, nemoj zuriti sa tim stvarima.
Radi na sebi, skola na prvom mestu,neki poslic ako ima,teretana i neces ni primecivati ta sranja oko sebe.
Pozz
>>
>>18632283
Hvala ti za sve to.
Thank you for all that. But it's so hard not to think about it when you wish they could be normal.
I'm also going through an existential crisis right now, making my ambition to study even weaker.

But I will try to use your advice once I straighten my mind. Nemam pojma sta cu od zivota, ali puno srece i tebi.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.