[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

which degree is better for job prospect: computer science or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1480289065586.gif (2MB, 260x320px) Image search: [Google]
1480289065586.gif
2MB, 260x320px
which degree is better for job prospect: computer science or computer engineering
>>
Hard to answer this in a way that's useful since the question is retarded and the courses that compose those disciplines vary on the institution
>>
Both are useful.
CE is generally harder but you have the option of either software or hardware while CS only has software.

If you wanna become a software engineer do CS, if you wanna do research in CS you might actually be better of doing math with a CS minor.

If you wanna design hardware, embedded programming, firmware programming do CE or even EE.
>>
>>18631322
Unless you are paying for it out of pocket, or grants, scolarship, etc... the debt will make you a security risk. More debt is correlated with higher risk.

>t. gov. contractor said this to my face during an interview

As far as which to choose, I think we're supposed to point these to
>>>/adv/
>>
>>18631324
I did CE, sometimes I wondered why I didn't just move to EE. All the software subjects were retarded easy...
>>
>>18631326
Well I guess if you already know you don't wanna do power or RF.
>>
>>18631325
>Unless you are paying for it out of pocket, or grants, scolarship, etc... the debt will make you a security risk. More debt is correlated with higher risk.
what the fuck does this have to do with his question lmao
>>
>>18631324
>CE is generally harder
Jesus fucking christ. How the fuck are engicucks so delusional? What you consider upper-level algorithmization is taught in the first semester in the best CS courses. Engineers are literally taught idiot-tier shit throughout their whole course and they believe themselves to be superior in the US only thanks to some fucking shitty retarded Accord that bans actually inquisitive intelligent people to do their job. Thank Jesus that EU ain't half that retarded.

The people I see that pass for engineers I wouldn't let tie my shoes with their "in-depth, applicable" "knowledge"

Top fucking kek
>>
>>18631329
why to dumb elitist eu-tards think that you have to be the best in your field to be an engineer? its about getting the job done, not rubbing ur epeen over ur resume cause you took some """"advanced""" course a couple years earlier than others. how autistic are you really?
>>
>>18631330
desu I don't even study CS I just don't understand how can you even say something like CE is harder than CS.
>>
>>18631329
What makes you think Im not in the EU?

In my country there are different tiers of engineers. CE is part of the highest tier. Half assed dudebro engineers don't make it and drop to a lower tier.

CS definitely doesn't compare to CE here.
>>
>>18631324 is the best answer
>>18631322
Majoring in CE (or ECE, EECS) give you the option/opportunity to work in both EE & CS fields in future through life. As BSc in industry or PhD in academia.
>>
>>18631329
>CS rant
Do you even Fourier & Complex Analysis bro? Do you even Maxwell Equations & Radio Frequency bro? I guess not.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.