[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Employment contracts and long periods of silence

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

Hi /adv/, sorry for the long post. I've signed on to work with a great company but since it's my first 'real' job, I'm nervous and want some second opinions.

As part of my degree I need to complete a few months worth of work experience, which I was initially going to do on site with my employer. Since then I've received an offer for 14 weeks work with the faculty at my university. I'll be paid $3000~ to do something I'm well suited to. The problem is that the contract I signed in June has a conflict of interest clause that forbids me from working with
"any company, industry, entity, which is competitive to any of the business conducted by us ;any other employment that could adversely affect your performance."

While there's no competition between the two entities, both jobs utilize the same very specific set of skills. I imagine this is only positive as it allows me to develop, something no employer could object to. However, I'm still nervous. Is it worth asking my manager about or should I just go ahead with it since it will finish before my main job begins?

Also, what level of contact should I be in with my employer? Is it normal/common for employers to offer contracts of employment 6-10 months before starting the job, then have minimal contact until the day it begins? I feel like I should email and schedule a meeting to touch base and talk about what training I should be doing before starting.
>>
Are you the same guy who has posted this at least 3 times now? The answer is the same as before: most of what's in these contracts is not enforceable in court. So don't worry about it.
>>
>>18631303
No, the contract issue only came up a few days ago and I haven't been on /adv/ in months. There's a possibility I asked about the long period of silence back in June, but I doubt it. How similar was their post?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.