[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Living with parent?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2738.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2738.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
1. Age/sex/country
2. Do you still live with a parent? If yes, why?
3. Is that normal in your country?

>26/m/usa
>yes I live with my mother. I have a good paying job, but I'm using most of my paychecks for school. Cost of living is ridiculous where I live, so it would be hard to pay for both..
>no it's not normal. I feel pretty guilty since I have a well paying job. I still take care of myself 100%, I pay all my bills and buy and cook my own meals. I just don't pay for rent.
>>
1. 27 m USA
2. Yes, I live in bay area. It is much cheaper and nicer than renting a room, I am also unemployed since my DUI 18 months ago, but going to start my own business and get a shit job at Tesla tomorrow.

3. Becoming normal in bay area, costs are crazy.
>>
>>18631288
20/m/US
No
Not really, I started working and making legitimate money right after highschool, most of my friends are at home looking for a real job or going to school.
>>
26 male USA. I live outside NYC.

Yes because I got a degree in finance for a job as an accountant and decided it was boring. Went back to school part time while working full time and bust finished a bs in cs. Probably going to look for a job in a year doing data analyst stuff once I learn advanced excel and sql. I've saved 20k and just bought a car for 30k and have to pay off 11k which is my only debt.

I'm moving out very soon im just trying to pay off this car then I'm debt free. Rent is expensive in my area too.

Yes and no depending. Most of my friends are upper middle class and some make 70 or 80k a year and live at home. A lot of peolple I know get a gf then move out.

I should note. I feel shitty about my life and the situation I'm in as I would have liked to move years ago. I don't think it's healthy to be this old living with parents.
>>
>>18631288
30/M/USA

Yes, because it's comfy here and I don't have the finances to afford to live on my own yet.

No, most people move out at around college age.
>>
>>18631377

>I should note. I feel shitty about my life and the situation I'm in as I would have liked to move years ago. I don't think it's healthy to be this old living with parents

I'm the OP and feel the same as you. I feel really bad about it. I have a job that pays $25/hr (granted I'm about to drop to part time status that way i can do even more school work). But I live just outside Washington DC and apartments are stupid expensive here. It's hard to find unfurnished studio apartments for less than $1,100/m. Yeah I can afford that for sure if I were to stay full time. But it's taking me a long time for my education right now, so dropping to part time would save me time. I just feel awful about being 26 and in my mother's basement.
>>
>>18631395
My sister went to school in D.C. And yeah it's super expensive too. I'm moving out in a couple months probably going to pay 1300 a month in rent for a studio in the town I want to live in. Then again the town is like a small city with tons of things to do and a transportation into NYC.
>>
>>18631288
30/m/USA (from texas til 26 to currently oregon)

No

I think it's more normal now. Forget what you see on social media/tv and what your parents did at x age. The dollar isn't as impactful as it was 40 yrs ago and they wern't competing with the entire world for decent jobs. I left at 25 to room with a friend because I didn't want to bring girls home to my parents but most girls 23-30 were still living with their parents.
>>
>>18631406

I'm just stressed.

I'm a student in flight school, and I still have another $50,000 worth of training left to complete. Right now I work 40-44 hour weeks which is good, except for it doesn't give me much time for flight school. So I want to drop to just 16 hours a week of work so I can put 5 full days a week into school, I want to get this finished. But I'll be pretty financially poor if I do that. I think my mom will let me stay here still, but I feel so fucking guilty. It makes me feel bad about myself being 26 and having to depend on a parent, even tho I'm accomplishing things and make decent pay
>>
>>18631415
See I don't want kids and I doubt I'll ever marry since I'm not good looking and girls don't speak to me.

So living at home was fine since I wasn't try to date and find someone.

So if you're like me I'd say stay home and finish the shit you're doing. If you want girl and family yeah you're really behind on that mate.
>>
>>18631395
>>18631412
Poster here...honestly you're doing fine. I left home around that age but in retrospect having that 90% savings rate for another year would've been so much better. Finding a housemate or gf to share the expenses is ideal. The fact that you have the option to leave puts you ahead of a lot of people desu
>>
>>18631420

I don't care about getting a girlfriend, and I never want kids either.

It still just feels shitty tho.
>>
>>18631423

>Finding a housemate or gf

Girlfriend won't happen.

But how can I find a roommate? I was looking on Craigslist but it seems a bit sketchy. Is there any other sources?
>>
>>18631424
Yeah it does but speaking from experience and almost ready to get out just wait and do it smart. I saved 20k got another degree which opens a ton of doors bought a nice car that is over half paid off and probably will be before i move out.

At least you're working and not a lazy asshole working a chump change job so you have to have some self respect.
>>
>>18631428
I asked a friend I had kept up in touch from college and he was in the same boat as me so I guess I got lucky. Maybe ask someone from work..if people are your age I wouldn't be surprised to find several living at home as well.

I've heard craigslist is ok just be smart about it. Avoid your local ghetto and check the person out to make sure they're at least compatible with age, hygiene, general rules, etc.
>>
>>18631444

I was just texting issue to a friend, and he just told me he has a 2 bedroom apartment with his girlfriend and the lease expires in February. So he said he'll try to convince his girlfriend to move into his room and then he'll see about renting her old room to me :)
>>
27/m/England

I do, can't afford to move out.

Yes, it's normal in every country. People let the post ww2 delude them too much in to thinking moving out at 18 is standard, it's not. Most people before the war moved out around age 30.
>>
Italy/m/30

I live with my parents. Can't find a job, but if I find it, wage would be so low that probably couldn't afford to live alone, even if go for living in a cheap room. Only chance is to specialize myself in something and move out of Italy.

It's the norm. If you have some acquaintances who guarantee you a job, you can have a good living if you like italian people and italian lifestile (which I don't like at all). If you haven't you are in troubles.
>>
File: IMG_0074.jpg (72KB, 750x390px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0074.jpg
72KB, 750x390px
>>18631612

Oh shit, it is true..

An Italian girl told me about Italian men, pic related
>>
>>18631612

>you can have a good living if you like italian people and italian lifestyle
>(which I don't like at all)

Why don't you like it? I only have a tourist's perspective since I've traveled there a few times, but never lived there. From my view, you all seen so relaxed. An Italian girl even told me one time, "Italians live for pleasure. Sex, food, and drinks are everything". It definitely seems relaxing compared to life here in the US. Quality of life is good here, but we work A LOT.
>>
>>18631621

You should ask for opinions to a wider set of italians, both men and women. Then you can have a more realistic feedback about the job market in italy. This shallow cunt probably has a job, and she feels like she can poop on everyone's head. Tipical italian girl. Ask her if mommy and dad still support her, and If I were you I wouldn't believe to her answer. Then ask her about the wage, and laugh.

>>18631627

because it isn't a cheap lifestile. I don't like to work to spend all money on shopping and 10 days on the beach. I'm more of the backpacker guy who likes to have a beer every now and then. And I'm stressed if I don't spend my day working, I really suffer.

To me, americans seems way more relaxed because they care way less about fashion and fancy things, compared to italianfags. Point of views. The thing that really stresses me, apart from not having a job keeping me sane, is the work habitat. Here is always chitty chatty scratching your balls, thinking about the next social engineering move. The job is almost secondary. We don't produce anything valueable.
>>
>>18631673

Why don't you come to the US?
>>
>>18631294
Similar to this poster, except I work from home.

1. 24/M/USA
2. Yup, with my mother. Same reasoning as the other poster, cheaper and more comfortable.
3. Same reason. Rent is redonk here in San Fran.
>>
1. 23/M/USA
2. Yes, I'm correctly earning a master's degree; my program is very intense and doesn't allow me to have a job because of it.
3. Kind of?

I think as long as you're doing something with your life it isn't a big deal. If you're some basement dwelling neckbeard than that is a different story. I plan on staying with my parents for 1 year after I graduate and work so I can save up some money to pay off some of my loans/get a nice place.
>>
>>18631689

I am oriented to work in a team-like job in logistics. It's the right habitat for me. Thing is that I don't have a degree, and I have a strange set of experiences. Different jobs, always in contact with people of the most different kinds. And that's also my background for what concerns life outside the workplace. Then I would happily cut one of my arms to come to US, but I honestly don't know how to do it. I'm searching for infos but people in here are daunting me, can't understand if it is actually so difficult to find a job from here to the US or if they are whining manchilds and womanchilds unvilling to say goodbye to their fancy lifestile, and projecting this fears onto me.
>>
>>18631704

Well I know it can be done, however I'm not exactly the process. If you like logistics, I'd say look into big companies like DHL and FedEx

I met a Russian girl who got a student visa to the US, got her degree here and got hired by a company who sponsored her work visa.
>>
>>18631719

I'm glad to hear this, thank you
>>
22/M/USA
Yep, still do. I'd rather not pay $1000+ for staying in a university literally 15 minutes out from the house. Plus free food and living space is always nice.
If you live about an hour's travel time or less, I'd say it would be perfectly fine and acceptable. If someone can convince me to go to 2+ hours on this opinion, you're welcome to try.
>>
>>18631737

Also, one of my friends is dating a Chinese girl. She's been on a student visa here for the last 4 years, and she's getting job offers from US companies
>>
24/m/UK

Nope, but I would if I could. Rent is almost %50 of my income. My family is crazy though, I can no longer deal with their bullshit. Sadly, landlords aren't much better.

Someone I work with who's in his 30s still lives with his mum and dad. In other words yes, it's common. You could probably look up numbers.
>>
>>18631788

First question that comes into my mind is: how they can afford going for a degree if not rich? I know US universities are pretty expensive. I know that this is a naive question, but when you pass the third figure, my mind wonder a little bit.

Then I forgot to ask you: if you come to US with a student or tourist visa, and you find a job, probably you can ask for a sponsorship directly to your employer, am I right?
>>
>>18631788
Lol how do these people get job offers like that and not even citizens ? I'm a us citizen and it was hard as hell for me to get my first accounting job. I was already under the impression we don't have enough jobs here for all the college graduates.
>>
28, Male, Canada

I just moved out a few months ago. Got a job right after graduating, did nothing but work and save for 5 years, bought a 1 bedroom condo.

It's pretty normal as property prices are insanely high here. It's pretty much a meme and millennial know they are pretty much going to be stuck at home forever. I am an exception because I managed to survive at home for this long, alone with having a pretty good job.
>>
>>18631288
29/male/Canada

No.

I cant tell anymore. I moved in and out of my parents place from age 19 -25.

I moved out at 28 for the last time.

A huge majority of my friends lived with their parents into their mid to late 20s. My friend circle isnt even a lazy or entitled one. Hard workers, highly educated etc..

The current economy makes it extremely difficult to live on your own now. Cost of living increased way faster than minimum wage. Our parents' generation got cheap educations in a booming time when even an arts degree led to upper management, while minimum wage actually paid rent and bills. (compared costs in a conversation with my dad. His rent was paid by a weeks work at minimum wage living alone. My rent is paid by a weeks work living with my wife and i make 24 dollars an hour. Thats not factoring in all my fucking bills.)

All my friends are on their own now with the exception of one who just had a baby. Hes living with his wifes parents and working 80 hour weeks saving for a house.

Most of my friends bought houses and condos or built a high enough wage to at least live slightly above poverty..
>>
>>18631294
>>18631694
Yo my SF Bay area dudes
1. 25 M USA
2. Yes, haven't gotten a job of any kind since college, would probably be fucked even if I did. I'm currently hoping on getting one in Novato but that's a two hour commute each way from me and it's unlikely they'll pay near enough to get a room there.
>>
>>18631833

I'm not sure Tbh. I don't know how the process works. But I just know it can be done since I've seen people do it
>>
>>18631860
Yo brocini, at least I know I'm not the only one here in SF.
>>
>>18631288
18/m/Murica bitch
Yes I graduated from hs in May and got a job at micpenis
Yeah
>>
>1. Age/sex/country
24/F/New Zealand

>2. Do you still live with a parent? If yes, why?
Yes. I finished uni at the end of last year so I lived at home until then, and now I'm saving up to buy a house with my boyfriend

>3. Is that normal in your country?
Nope, but it's also not normal for people my age to seriously think about buying property either. Most people my age don't see owning property as a realistic goal anymore.
>>
>>18631288
22/f/usa

Kind of, I live with my parents part time during breaks from college, however they also completely support me financially in my housing otherwise. I live for free out of a house my dad rents out, but in exchange I make sure to keep all the spare rooms full of tenants and do any repairs that are within my capabilities so he doesn't have to drive all the way down there.

It's pretty normal for college students to either live with or be financially supported by their parents. Most are completely supported like I am, I'm privileged to come from a relatively wealthy family, but most families will give all they physically can to their kids to help them through school.

Socially, I'd you're expected to have your own place, job, and life by around 25, give or take.
>>
>>18631985
Especially in New Zealand I'd say. I'm an amerifat but I've heard its damn near impossible to get housing there, lack of space or something? Just remember watching one of those realtor shows and they were saying houses go on the market on auction because there are usually so many people looking to buy, and if not houses get sold within days of being put up.
>>
>>18631895

I'll find a way to make it work. Thank you again
>>
>>18631288
>1. Age/sex/country
23/M/Germany
>2. Do you still live with a parent? If yes, why?
No
>3. Is that normal in your country?
at my age, both answers are still prett normal
>>
>>18632000
It's more that house prices have been increasing, especially in Wellington and Auckland, while wages and salaries really haven't. You generally need a 20% deposit to buy a house, though there are 'subsidies' and you may be able to buy with a lower deposit if you're a first time home buyer. When average house prices are $500k+, people just can't afford to save up a deposit.

I was fortunate enough to be able to commute to uni and my parents support me in wanting to buy a house which is why essentially why I have had zero living expenses and I even have savings from when I was at uni. My boyfriend has moved out of home, but he also has a really good salary and lives pretty frugally, so he's able to save up his half of the deposit. He plans to move home after his lease is up at the end of the year so he can save faster too.

That said, lots of my friends who still live at home have terrible spending habits, and they're their own biggest enemy when it comes to actually saving. A good friend of mine has a $80k student loan, lives at home and only has about $5k in savings despite the fact that she has worked since she was 15. Others have taken out overdrafts and credit cards to enable them to travel.
>>
>>18632027
yeesh, and 500k is for a used/fixer uper type house?
My parents are moving to Texas and spending about that much on a 5 bedroom, 3 car garage, +a bonus media room, brand new lol.

Shit the shitty fixer upper 80 year old house my dad bought for me to live out of and rent out was only 50k.
>>
>>18632047
$500k is average prices in the area (and I think that's a conservative estimate), there are definitely ones below that. In my area (where my parents live), prices are about $400kish for a decent house that requires a little work. We're aiming for $100k for a deposit, just to be safe. This is outside of the main city though, closer to the city, you'd be looking at $600k, minimum. I guess you can see why buying a house is a pipe dream for a lot of people.

That said, from my understanding, everything is a lot further away from everything else in the US, and public transport can be non-existent in areas. We have decent public transport here, and everything you could honestly need is within an hour of where I live.
>>
>>18632068
Yeah, we're a culture reliant on personal cars. Public transport is reserved only for the largest of cities.
It's something I admire of other countries. I don't think it's really gonna ever be a thing here because we have such disdain for and look down upon public transport culturally. It's for "poor people", got a bad stigma. Hell even bike riders get horrific treatment, everyone fucking hates people riding a bike.
But yeah, you basically have to own a car in 99% of the US. You can't even get a min wage job if you don't have your own car.
>>
File: Image.jpg (153KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
Image.jpg
153KB, 540x960px
>>18632096
Yeah, it's definitely not like that here. I live 10 minutes from two different train stations, and there's a bus stop at the end of my street.
Some people do use personal cars to get to work, but at least 50% of people rely on public transport to get to and from work. Pic related is a picture I took from a bus from when there was an issue with the trains one day and they replaced them with a bus service, and that's just a fraction of the crowd. It might not seem like a lot given how many people live in the US, but it's a lot of people when you keep in mind how small our population is.
>>
>>18631288
21/m/Serbia
I live with my mother and brother in capital city, 3 room+bathroom and kitchen.
She works and me and my bro study on college.
Sadly yes , its very hard to buy something on your own, especialy if you get average job in this SHIT economy,where unemployment is high.
You can work your whole life and never save enough for something decent,in a city where jobs are or be lucky enough to inherit some money,or your parents saved something.Most go after school to live in villages on their own land,because most people here have somekind of land outside city.
In this country poor are dirt poor, while rich can do whatever the fck they like.Sons of politicians , ministers and those kids with parents with 6 figure paychecks can live easily on their own.

You can go into debt, and live with it till end of your life repaying it, and still wont be enough.
You can also pay rent but it depends where you rent it and with who to split costs.
>>
>>18632119

Italy is reaching Serbia asap
>>
>>18632123
Italy is much better then this shithole, but then again its worsening due to unnecessary illegal migrants and legal cheap workforce that comes from balkans : p
Only one in benefit of EU is Germany for exporting their own products.
>>
>>18632112
Nah, thats actually a pretty intense crowd. We have a ton of people in the US, but a ton of space too. I live in a suburb like most Americans. You'd never see a crowd like that unless you're going to like, a concert lol.
Though for a city that looks about right. When I visited NYC it was kinda like that just about everywhere. (The fucking subways in New York are garbage btw. They don't even properly name their stops so you have no idea where you're going or getting off at unless you're a local.)

Parents are moving to another suburb around the Dallas TX area, and Dallas is pretty sizeable, much larger than the current city I live pretty close to. I'm a little intimidated by the move, there's so many more people in that area than I'm used to. Traffic is scary lol. Glad that I'll likely only be there a few years until I graduate/get my first job.
>>
>>18632142
well Germany has a long tradition of quality workmanship i have a toolbox full of 10 - 20 year old tools from Germany
>>
>>18632153
Yeah , their tools are very very good and expensive and have good reputation here. Everyone whi buys anything like dishwasher,car,drill etc. looks first for made in Germany, at least here.

Look , i can do simple math now. My parents had good jobs God bless and saved up 60k euros for this apartment in average district of Belgrade.
If i started working right now, droped out of college and with some miracle got average job which pays of roughly 400-500 euros, how much years would i need to save up just to buy this one of 60k. Over 10 years with ONLY saving money, without spending a dime on anything else. Im 21 , so + 10 ... still better then living in Africa but then again, jeezs
>>
>>18631288
1. 21/M/Aus
2. Yes. Having full time grad school with a measly scholarship doesn't give you much options. Still pay rent though.
3. Yep. It's either that or cram a whole bunch of people into one tiny shitty house
>>
>>18632148
Yeah, the vast differences in what areas of the US are like are crazy to me. We're such a small country that there aren't extreme differences between regions. I'm sure you'll be fine with the move, and if anything, it'll be a test of your resilience and adaptability.
>>
>>18632217
Lol yeah I don't know much about NZ but I've been studying Japan for years. I want to go live/work there for a little while, so I've been telling myself to suck it up, if I can't handle Dallas I'll never handle Japan lol. Unless I go to the rural countryside I suppose.
>>
32/m/Canada
Yes I still live at home with my mom and I think I'm the oldest one on here so far so that should make the rest of you feel a bit better lol.
Yes it's becoming more normal here just like everywhere else.. (Thanks for everybody`s posts, I enjoyed reading them and getting a glimpse into your life. I feel your struggle but there is hope!)
I should have $25k saved up within 6 months and will be attempting to move out on my own for the first time lol, wish me luck!
>>
>18/M/Netherlands
>Yes, because I don't have a job at the moment
>Yes
>>
25 Male USA
i live with my parents because they let me. if i lived on my own i would loose money, or have to work 40 hours a week (and then spend no time with my dog). if it was possible i would have moved out at 13.
>>
21/M/US, Miami to be exact

Yes, still a student and work part-time for spending money/gas insurance etc

Unfortunately I don't know a single person my age that doesn't live with their parents or live in a dorm. Especially in Miami a one bedroom apartment youre looking at $1200 bucks in a neighborhood where you won't get stabbed and/or shot, and thats not including utilities. People under 30 p much all live with their parents here
>>
>>18632664

How do young people manage to have sex if they are living at home?
>>
>>18632926
Some parents don't care, some parents turn a blind eye, people have sex when other people aren't home, or do it elsewhere. It's not that different from roommates.
>>
>>18632926
Im the guy you responded to and in my case I've just had a decent amount of car sex and whenever you get a chance that one of the two has their house free for a bit I guess

It cuts out the one night stand kind of deal but it's not a big deal for relationships, especially since everyone has the same problem.
>>
>>18632938

>some parents turn a blind eye

For real? A father wouldn't care if he knew his daughter was getting plowed just across the hall?
>>
>>18631288
25, female, USA

I have been living with my dad for 2 years. I lived alone from 18-23 but I was working 2 jobs exceeding 40 hours a week and going to school and the burden became too much. Dad offered to help. I quit one job and am living here until I finish school and get on my feet (two semesters left).

I mean, I know older people that have finished college and still live at home, I also know people on their own. I consider it fairly normal, but I want to be out by 27.
>>
>>18632950
How is that any different to the knowledge that your daughter is having sex elsewhere?
>>
>>18632956
It's more out of sight. For some people that distant is enough to convince themselves. It's called denial.
>>
>>18632968
And some people don't need that distance.
>>
>>18632956

Out of sight, out of mind.

Just trying to see it through the eyes of a dad, it would probably be unsettling to hear the little girl who he raised from birth to a beautiful young woman who's moaning like a little whore while her pussy gets slammed by some ripped chad.
>>
>>18632926
Personally, my parent goes out every weekend from Friday night to Sunday night. No curfews. My parent allows my SO to spend the night and we just quietly sex after they fall asleep
>>
25 / M / USA

No. I did up until ~8 months ago. There was no reason for me to move. I lived close enough to town so I could just commute instead. I lived with my grandmother instead which was much nicer. Commuting sucks, but paying for an apartment and having a job while going to classes sucks more.

Meh, I'd say it's sort of normal. I know lots of people that lived with their parents during college, but I also know a bunch of people that got apartments or moved out. No one I've ever talked to ever cared where you lived though.
>>
>>18631288
1. 28/m/some third world country
2. Yes, many reasons but mainly it's safer that way.
And cost of buying a house or renting one is 3-4 times my monthly salary, and I have very good paying job.
3. Pretty much, you only move out from your parents house after you get married.
>>
1. 22, m, usa pa
2. yep. because i am asocial and have only worked 2 summers and every winter since i left high school. barely saved anything. i dont even have a car, but i have 650 saved up for it right now.
3. probably.

but i am a big loser. i don't know how i am going to get out and do anything.
>>
>>18631288
1. 18, male, Finland
2. Yes, I'm still in high school.
3. Yes
>>
29/M/Canada
Yes. Bit a of a long story.

Originally I moved out and was staying in another city but then my step grandmother was being put in a home and someone was needed to look after her house so I was asked to move in there. I lived there alone for about 2 years and then it was decided that the house would be sold so my parents moved in with me and we where all going to fix the place up to sell it. I originally planned to move back to the city I was in before when the house sold but I accidentally got a job I really enjoyed and when we sold the house I didn't want to go so I just moved with my parents to a new place because might as well save money. Now I no longer have that job and it is mostly depression and apathy that keeps me here.

Not normal.
>>
>>18631288
>26/F/USA
>No, even though I struggled at first (there was 1 week I legit lived off of bread and Nutella), I got out of the house ASAP
>Even though I live in KY which is pretty rural overall, it is not unheard of for people to stay with their parents through their 20s. I only bailed because my parents are religious extremists and I didn't wish to live with them anymore.
>>
File: jrLQ5dh.jpg (58KB, 472x472px) Image search: [Google]
jrLQ5dh.jpg
58KB, 472x472px
20/m/Sweden

Yes, but that is because I am a useless piece of shit that needed to retake a year in high school and has never ever held a job. I am going to college reading different courses in order to have something to do. My family has the wealth to buy me an apartment, but I feel like it is a bad idea because I am such a fuck-up.

It feels like most young people here move out when they are around age 20 (unless they are immigrants), either living as a lodger somewhere, buying an apartment or renting one as a student. So, no, my situation is not normal.
>>
In most countries around the world, living with our parents until you marry is normal. Only in America do people feel ashamed of this.
>>
>>18631288
2. Yes, Because rent is fucking expensive. Also I'm still in school. It's not that uncommon for us asian families. Though my younger brother has moved out, but he has a stable high paying job, so he got a condo.

I'll be moving out when I can put a down on a condo and stable high paying job. Estimated, within 5 years.
>>
1. 19/male/Costa Rica
2.yes, because I am in Uni
3. Yes
>>
1. 22/m/USandA
2. Yes. I'm still in college. Only income is crappy retail job. Hoping to change that once I graduate ASAP.
3. It all depends really. School is 200 miles away so obviously I live away from home then and all my friends (and most of the people I know from high school) do it.
>>
>>18631288
30/m
Yup cuz had roomate issues in the past. Have sum friends. They I know for a long time and are reliable. It is just that they are on temp employment so its risky.

Moved out when I was 20/21 for school but had fuckroomates and could only stand one semester at that school because of them. School said they had nowhere else to put me so I transferred to a community college near the house and commuted there.

I have money that I earned from work so it is not an issue. Would rather split rent with someone so it is cheaper
>>
>>18631288
21/m/us (rural florida)
yes
It probably is in most cases because people are in school or just can't afford to move out where it's understandable, but I really just don't have anything. No job (never have), no drivers license, no schooling, no real passionate interests that I feel I could make into something. I've wanted to get some random, shitty, low-pay job for a long time now so I can at least have my own money and the independence to eventually escape my environment and live my life but everything about it terrifies me and seems like this insurmountable wall that gets bigger and bigger every day.
>>
>>18631288

1. 29/M/USA, San Francisco (the city, not just the entire bay area)
2. No, I moved out in 2013. I currently make 145k and pay $1500/month renting a fantastic 3br/2ba in the Sunset District because my SO's family members own the place.
3. No
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.