[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Immigration

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I want to move to England to be with my girlfriend but I know absolutely nothing about immigration. Anyone have any experience with visas, or just anything about immigrating to another country. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>18631200
Unless you're from the EU and hurry, you can't.

You have to have a visa. A tourist visa (the one they give you at the British airport when you arrive) has a 6 month limit and you can't work. A student visa has to be applied for in advance with evidence of school acceptance, lasts only as long as you're in school, and you can't work.

A work visa requires advance application and documents from an employer that you have a job waiting for you and that it's one you are uniquely fit for so you won't be stealing it from a Brit.

There are several roads to immigration but they all require extensive advance applications and evidence of savings and income to guarantee you won't go on the dole.

Of course, if you're from the EU, you just walk in and settle down.That's the main reason for Brexit
>>
>>18631311
I'm not from the EU. I know it'll take a while, figured it'd take at least a year. Just wanted to make sure that I was on the right track.
>>
>>18631200

Fuck off mate, we're full.

Unless you are a hispanic or latino woman.
>>
>>18631200
Where are you from out of interest OP? I ask because it will likely affect your immigration process.
>>
If you are from a commonwealth country like Canada and have 1 british grandparent you can get an ancestry visa almost instantly and stay there indefinitely
>>
>>18631670
I'm American. So I'm at least white.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.