[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

should i see a psychiatrist?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1498423807482.jpg (207KB, 1439x1374px) Image search: [Google]
1498423807482.jpg
207KB, 1439x1374px
Hi /adv/ ive been going through a rough patch lately

Ive wanted to kill myself since i was 11 (im 22 now) but my depression stopped 4 years ago, i improved myself, got fitter, became a lot more sociable, etc.

Im close to finishing college and my depression has been coming back since the beggining of the year. I made friends but never made any romantic connections and i always felt that my relationship with my friends was kinda one sided. Im always one of the least cool people in the group and as i said nobody remembers me, when im alone in my house all i can think of is die young die young die young and youre such a loser and on and on, so i guess my self improvement wasnt enough.
Ive been dealing with this for a looong time but i dont know if i should go to a psychiatrist or if its just a phase related to me finishing an important part of my life and feeling like i failed to do the things that everybody does in college and continue struggling with it and hoping it gets better some day like 4 years ago
>>
The biggest thing that stands out to me is
>when im alone in my house all i can think of is die young die young die young and youre such a loser and on and on
This is referred to as a type of "self-talk." Some people practice positive self-talk which is a way for a person to reassure him or herself of his or her ability to succeed and raises self-esteem. However, some people practice negative self-talk, which lowers how well you think of yourself. It can come from depression as well as contribute to worsening the depression. It would be worth it to see a mental health counselor if only to get the ideas out of your head and maybe get some fresh perspective on them. Many schools offer counseling at a Student Health office at no charge beyond what you paid for tuition at the beginning of the semester.
>>
>>18630441
Thats the thing, i dont think i have low self esteem i mean i know what im good at and in what ways im better than most people, i know im not ugly but when i say loser i say it because i dont feel the same things everybody feels and i cant do the same thing everybody does, im more outgoing but im still that weird kid, i cant have feelings for people and if i manage to develop i get stuck in my neurosis and self hatred that i end up losing everything, ive been to a lot of job interviews and i never pass the first test, what i mean is i know theres something wrong with me but i dont know what and i cant change it and thats what i mean when i say im a loser because i just cant do the things everybody does

To give you some perspective i was born with my umbilical chord strapped around my neck so i was born with a lack of oxygen in the brain, the doctor told my parents that i was going to struggle my whole life academically and i had to go to therapy to develop my motor skills, etc when i started applying to college my school psychologist told my parents to look for other options because i might never make it so i guess i have low iq and i hate when my mother tells me im smart, i know im not, im used to losing and sometimes i think im destined to it
>>
>>18631270
>thats what i mean when i say im a loser because i just cant do the things everybody does
>i hate when my mother tells me im smart, i know im not
>im used to losing and sometimes i think im destined to it
That's pretty much the description of low self-esteem, even if you have other thoughts that you feel balance out the negative self-talk. It would be good for you to visit a psychological counselor. If you don't know how to begin talking to him or her, just express some of the doubts you have about your ability to succeed in specific areas. Counselors are typically good about picking up on what would be important to talk about.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.