[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is there to live for?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1464984957316.jpg (21KB, 408x352px) Image search: [Google]
1464984957316.jpg
21KB, 408x352px
I am 24. Finished an accounting degree a little over a year ago and have been a neet ever since.
I've felt myself getting more and more depressed and miserable. Also developed alcoholism. I'm feeling like there's really no point to anything.

For one thing; work. In fact I've never had a proper job. Just a handful of welfare-tier short term jobs. I have some sort of social inability and so I have very poor social, communication, interpersonal skills. Of course, these things are important for success in accounting and business in general. I only took the degree because I did well in it at school, and there's wasn't anything I really wanted to do. Well I often think it's hopeless and that no one will want to hire me, because there's always going to be someone who presents/communicates/looks better than me. I feel I'll never be able to get a proper job.
In fact in the past year I've also applied for 200 odd retail jobs and even then I've only even heard back from 2 of them. And when I do make it to the interview it's a shitshow.
There's been other things too; I succesfully got an internship, however the company got cold feet with me and dropped me. Partly out of my control but a contributing factor was certainly my inability to communicate effectively. Then I applied for a few others. I heard from another one but they asked me to record a video of myself answering some questions. I simply couldn't bear to record myself and gave up.

(1/2)
>>
>>18630123
For the past few years in particular I've been feeling family is important, and I'd very much like to have my own one day. For a few reasons such as having been to a fair few weddings and funerals, that my own family life growing up has left a lot to be desired.
But I've more or less given up hope on that. My social inability makes it quite difficult to have any success with girls. Then I'm just unattractive. I'm also relatively choosey of course - I wouldn't marry just anyone. I've always felt factors such as these working against me. I have tried asking a few girls out to no avail. But the most recent one hit me the hardest; that was about 3 months ago. I was head over heels for her and was pretty sure she liked me back. Well she didn't. I was in the pits for about a month and I haven't really recovered still.

In fact, I don't think I've been happy since. I can't remember being happy since that period before I asked her out, and I was busy making plans in my head and imagining how things would be. And I figure, that one felt like it was almost a certainty. Surely the best chance I ever had, but ultimately I had no chance... what hope do I have?
Well long story short I've more or less given up on girls and the hope of having a family.
I've also given up on finding work. Even if I could I figure what's the point? Living to work isn't appealing to me.
On top of that I don't have many friends. I spend most of my time at home playing games by myself. I've felt my relationships becoming more distant too, particularly over the past 6 months. And it is difficult for me to make friends.
I have a handful of interest but rarely have the energy or motivation to do anything with them.
So overall my life feels really bleak.

(2/2)
>>
>>18630123
>there's always going to be someone who presents/communicates/looks better than me

nice one anon, this is a perfect example of approximations making the best absolutes. bcos i know you know you can step it up.
>>
im 28 and i find it hard to admit defeat too. i couldn't even kill myself, had the noose ready but just sit and look at it
>>
>>18630123
You're not seriously applying yourself if you can't find an accounting job. It may be boring as fuck, but there is always a demand for accountants.
>>
>>18630133
>>18630143
You're right, I'm not putting my best effort in. Maybe I could put a lot of effort in and get a crappy bookkeeping job in a small company. But the way I see it, even if they like your resume there's going to be 20 other people getting interviewed, and presentation is the single most important factor. I'm never going to be able to improve enough to be at a 'normal' level.
And putting in the effort just to land some soul-sucking job so I can hate my life even more isn't appealing.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.