[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any schizophreniacs?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4752.jpg (209KB, 1078x1618px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4752.jpg
209KB, 1078x1618px
I've been going to a psychologist for a couple months now but he seems to not want to put any labels on me yet? I'm really concerned that I have schizophrenia and I just want to be able to do something so that everything can stop. If you guys care I'll post some of the stuff that happens to me but I dont really know how to explain it.
>>
Do you have psychosis?
>>
>>18629913
Yes, I see these little things all the time that I can't really describe, however I've also seen people occasionally. I've never had a delusion but I've also had auditory delusions.
>>
>>18629919
Sorry, I've had auditory hallucinations, not delusions
>>
>>18629919
This is the most important symptom man, you can absolutely lose control and not be able distinguish whats real and whats not

Tell a proffesional about this, theyll prescribe anti-psychotics

My sister is going through this, we didnt get her the help she needed earlier, now she is in a mental hospital because she compeltely lost it

Also tell your family about these symptoms if you havent already
>>
>>18629928
Thanks I appreciate it!
I've been talking to a psychologist but he hasn't diagnosed me with anything and i don't really want to self diagnose, I've told my parents too, but I don't think they believe me.
>>
>>18629932
Try getting a second opinion from a psychiatrist, they work differently from psychologists
>>
>>18629941
Thanks I'll try that, I'm pretty sure there aren't many psychiatrist near where I live though, I remember trying to set up appointments and how terrible that was.
>>
>>18629944
Well get a second opinion from a diffetent psychologist then, but i still highly recommend going to a psychiatrist

Do you feel like youre getting worst and worst?
>>
>>18629953
I'm not really sure, I haven't had an episode lately however I've been much more depressed than usual so I may just kinda be numb to it. Like I said before, I always see these dot looking things and they haven't stopped since when I was bad, but I don't think I've seen a person that stayed still in about 4-5 months.
>>
>>18629928
anti psychotics are a joke. there's a reason why schizophrenics don't take them
>>
>>18629911
It takes a long time to be diagnosed, they need to study your input for a while.

My mom and my brother have schizophrenia. It typically doesn't present itself all the time. At least, not the delusions and hallucinations.

My mom was diagnosed before I was born, but it comes in episodes, typically if she forgets her medication. An episode lasts for months, a slow or fast onset of hallucinations, followed by some grandoise delusion (she is god, she is satan, she once was a famous beauty consultant, she once was a busy cooking host with cameras following her around). If anyone tries to tell her she is not what she thinks she is, she either completely ignores you or throws a huge tantrum and can severely hurt you or herself.

My brother's onset was when he was 28. Sadly, my brother was a very popular guy. He had a psychotic break a few years ago. It started as just weird shit. He'd slip into conversation that he's been working on some huge project as a youtube sensation. We were just like, "Okay, but you've been in your room for the past week, how is this possible?" He'd follow with a small bout of rage, "How can you not believe me? No one ever believes me."

It escalated to the point where he was telling all his friends he was a secret famous celebrity. Friends started getting weirded out. Led to arguments. Brother began having fits of rage.

Further escalated into just straight up delusions and hallucinations. We'd walk around town and he'd be waving into thin air, pantomiming taking pictures with "people" and signing autographs. When we tried to bring him to reality, he actually fought us. He beat up my grandma really bad one night because he was dragging a piano out of the house to meet up with his famous rock band and my grandma was trying to stop him for his own safety.

Cont.
>>
>>18629965
Cont.

My brother was eventually put in jail after a bout with a police officer while he was still completely submerged in a delusion. The sad thing is, no one believed his plea for mental disability. Wasn't until he was out of jail that he had help.

My brother is still unmedicated he chooses not to be. Every day he is in a panicked and paranoid frenzy. He paces a lot, talks to himself. The sad thing is, he was so normal growing up, and he lost it all. I spoke to some of his friends about it. They understood after, but didn't know how to deal with that and drifted fast.

Personally, I was tested for mental disabilities as a teen because I began to hear voices. However, after almost a full year of therapy and the tests, they concluded I experienced short term psychosis likely due to anxiety.

Schizophrenics aren't the only people who get hallucinations. You can only get schizophrenia through genetics, it is not randomly developed in people. If anyone in your family line had it, it is possible, still not common, and if it's not in your family line, it is impossible.

Definitely do not assume the worst. Don't try to diagnose yourself as it is far too complex.
>>
>>18629967
Thank you for the long answer, I really appreciate it!
I'm also really sorry to hear about what this has done to your family, I hope things with your brother get better soon!
I'm not really sure if anyone in my family has had schizophrenia, however I know that my mom is bipolar and my dad won't go to counseling but he has extreme anxiety problems.
>>
>>18629964
Thanks for the input! I know people who don't take their medicine either and they seem to be better off without it.
>>
>>18629911
My second cousin has schizophrenia
I think she's dead now

Anyways, I have a touch of it.
I have hypnagogic halucinations.
I see spiders when I'm falling asleep.
Spiders in my room and in my bed.

The thing is to understand that you control them. They're in your head.
If you can do that, you can keep your sanity
>>
>>18629981
I'm sorry to hear that about your second cousin
I appreciate the input too, I generally can control it until I get really paranoid, then I can't control my thoughts...
>>
>>18629988
Never met that cousin so I don't care at all.

Think about control. Before you have to enact it. Just think about it.
Knowing that it isn't real and isn't going to hurt you makes a difference.

The first few times I saw spider hallucinations I jumped out of bed, throwing my heavy blankets across the room
But eventually I learned to recognize what was real and what wasn't.
Some nights I slip a bit and get out of bed and turn on the lights, but then I remember what's real and what's not.
Just a slip
Other nights I can see the spiders and control them because I know they're not real.

My spiders and your paranoia aren't that different. You can learn to control the ugly side of your mind
>>
>>18629996
I used to see these fires behind my head every time when I went to bed as a kid, and I would always turn around and check on them, but i got older and i stopped cause I knew the fire would just go away when i turned around.
I would also see ants and spiders too, but they've never been real like anything else, they almost seem transparent
>>
>>18630007
>I would also see ants and spiders too, but they've never been real like anything else, they almost seem transparent
I know just what you mean
Like they're made out of shadows. You can see what's behind them but they still exist and are moving.
>>
>>18630015
Yep!
I would stick my hands through them as a kid and when I realized that weren't real I would just leave them alone.
It's almost like they live on another plane or something weird.
>>
>>18630024
That's how you know they're not real and that's just your brain playing tricks on you.
Your brain can play lots of tricks like that.

Don't believe it. Choose to be skeptical and hateful of any ideas where you feel persecuted or shit
>>
>>18630035
Did you read any scary stories as a kid? I would have to face the wall when I slept every night cause I was scared what I read that day would find me.
Actually, I just remembered that I would get so paranoid that I would plan out what I would do over and over in my head at night.
>>
>>18630041
When I was a kid, my family went to Disney World
There was the "Extra TERROR restiral ATTACK" ride
Where you go in, get strapped down, and then the light go out and it simulates an Alien (like a xenomorph) attack.

I fucking showered for years sideways, watching my showercurtain waiting for it to move.
>>
>>18630047
Yeah I definitely relate, I always check behind the shower curtain cause of all the slasher bathroom scenes
>>
>>18630041
>>18630047
>>18630056
is this shit a sign of being schizophrenic because i'm like this and you guys are scaring me
>>
>>18630066
It doesn't have to be
Keep a skeptical mind and never believe your gut intuition and you'll be fine
>>
>>18630070
I'm 23 and scared of the dark because I worry about creatures hiding in the dark. I've never seen anything, and I know gremlins and demons and ghosts and shit aren't real, but I can't close my eyes in the shower because the sense that something will appear in front of me and kill me when I open my eyes gets exponentially stronger by the second. I can't sleep with my closet door open or my feet sticking out of the covers
>>
>>18630076
I know what you feel
I close my eyes shut hard when I sleep due to the Spiders

But sometimes you need to get familiar with the dark
I'm afraid when I'm trying to fall asleep and therefore my brain is full of hallu chemicals
But if I'm Awake, the Dark can be my friend
Play Hide and Seek with your friends in a dark house.
Knowing that you can't be seen while seeing others can be liberating.
>>
>>18630076
fuck, i am not schizo but i know this feel

i blame watching shit scary movies as kid, scarred me for life.

I slept with the tv on until I was like 20
>>
>>18630185
Same with tv part, i would see people dance in it before
>>
>>18630193
if I have to go to the kitchen or bathroom at night, I turn all the lights on the way there, and use my cellphone flashlight to get there

recently ive been more scared of shit like home invasions because Ive been reading up on some crimes
>>
What is it like to lose your mind? I am terrified of losing mine
>>
>>18630381
Who was this question for anon? Op here and i haven't lost my mind per se, however I've had multiple panic attacks where I couldn't control my thinking and what o see, however they pass quickly.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.