[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1kinni.jpg (150KB, 600x596px) Image search: [Google]
1kinni.jpg
150KB, 600x596px
I've been depressed since I was 12. I'm 25 now. It is holding me back in literally every aspect of my life. I'm bipolar and over the last two months I've successfully tapered off my anti-psychotics. I'm med free as of 3 days ago. But I'm still very depressed!

I figured since I've been depressed 12 years getting off the meds wouldn't help with it, I just wanted to do it to prove to myself I could and it's healthier that way.

I have a good diet, meditate, exercise daily and go to therapy, but the depression still lingers, and strongly.

I don't know what the fuck to do! My hope is so low and if it keeps up like this I'm going to end my life soon.

Only thing that has helped me thus far is xanax and my psychiatrist won't give me it.
>>
>muh mental illness

When will this meme end?
>>
File: hegel.jpg (132KB, 476x640px)
hegel.jpg
132KB, 476x640px
I am in the similar position. Get some animals, move away, keep taking xanax. You don't need to cope with everything. Right now surviving is the key.
>>
>>18629744
Hard times build strong men.
>>
Hey, OP I'm in a similar position. My life is actually not so bad right now but I'm stuck with permanent apathy. I also got off of meds and I don't feel that different.

I really believe limiting your internet time will help. When you browse the Internet all day, you're living passively and there is very little room for improvement. And when you have time away from the internet, when you do sit down for a bit to browse you'll actually be able to see new content instead of sitting there and refreshing over and over hoping for something to change.
It's not a cure, obviously. But it might help.
>>
>>18629862
This.

Also don't masturbate lol sounds like a joke but seriously helped me.
>>
>>18629744
Shrooms.
No seriously. Heres a source from a government medical library.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/27286599/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3581595/

Ive had mental problems my entire life. Managed to get a good job an education get married to a good woman and all but ive always been super neurotic and my brain goes 300km/s at all times.

Started microdosing, and everything is totally different now. Im 30. Wish i had this at 20.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3747247/

Source on long term mental health effects. No link could be established with long term negative effects with hallucinogenics as an independent factor. In this study it was even found lifelong psychadelic users less likely to be mentally ill.
>>
>>18629983
Note:
One of these sources says a single treatment. Thats cool n all, but stay under 3 grams and research the hell out of how to do it properly and prepare for your experience.

I did 0.5g (not enough to get high) every 3 days as per the method of some other medical source i found. Not sure if its mentioned in sources provided.
>>
>>18629983
I also suggest looking into the drug method. I was depressed for years, but I slowly but surely experienced a kind of radical change in perspective. I used DXM, but I wouldn't recommend that because it's dissociative and not really known for changing people's lives lol. But for me it did. I used to be miserable, hated going outside, thought everything was stupid and pointless, including myself. But now I genuinely like being outside and sitting in nature, and I'm happy. I still have bad days where it feels like the depression tries to come back, but it's never gotten anywhere nearly as bad as it used to be
>>
>>18629998
Anon you replying to

Yeah man that was my whole thing. I hated everything. I considered myself a good person and my beliefs and knowledge were all in the right place but my deep down feelings were far removed from that.

Had a quick temper and was extremely avoidant of everyone.

Not anymore, though.

Not to mention my ego went down a lot. I thought i had my flaws figured out and prided myself on self honesty. Once that ego dropped, holy shit, got a rush of memories of times i was a total asshole and had no idea and felt self justified.

All in all im a better happier person. People treat me way differently too.
>>
>>18629793
>>18629784
>>18629842
>>18629917
what is wrong with you people

>>18629983
this. mescaline, however, is a similar drug that's much less likely to result in high anxiety or a bad trip. i'd try san pedro cactus first, then mushrooms. ayahuasca can also be great for changing your life if done properly- it did mine.

also, OP- Internal Family Systems therapy. IFS is designed to address the root of your emotional problems. find a therapist who specializes in it.
>>
>>18630038
Ive done shrooms recreationally before and had a great trip, but relevant to my samefag reply of the microdose: 0.5g every third day; i chose that way to eliminate risk of a bad trip.

I dont actually know for sure but Im convinced theres next to no chance of anxiety if you go that way.

Where so you get your mescaline?
>>
Ever try the marijewana?
>>
>>18629744
> and go to therapy,
Then why are you talking to us instead of your therapist?
And if that therapist doesn't work out, find another one

I don't even know what I, as a stranger on the internet can/want to do, or why I should care more.
>>
>>18630042
online. san pedro is legal to buy
>>
>>18629744
Do you work? Sport? You need something consistent which regularly demands your effort and participation.

Also I'd advise against taking drugs. If you're depressed and it works, you'll just keep taking it. If it doesn't work, you'll likely be even more fucked up afterwards.

I was depressed and drugs helped in that they allowed me to press pause for a while. Eventually things got worse though and I sort of hit rock bottom, which led to me bouncing back a little more determined some time later.

Only thing that has helped me was lifestyle change and taking on new pursuits. The drugs have actually left me with lasting damage that I dearly wish I could repair, but don't seem to be able to (haven't touched any for 2 or 3 years. Stopped counting after the first, but it shows how bad my memory is of that period)
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.