[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does knowing many languages make you interesting to girls or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_-61r1e6.jpg (153KB, 1363x1348px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_-61r1e6.jpg
153KB, 1363x1348px
Does knowing many languages make you interesting to girls or people in general? Will they be impressed? I personally don't think it's a big deal, but I hope it's interesting at least, I speak Spanish, English and I'm learning French and Portuguese, knowing two of the most popular languages (English and Spanish) isn't impressive of course, but what if I learned more in the future?
>>
Haha what? If you're not an interesting person overall, knowing any amount of languages isn't going to help. Languages are cool, yes, but it's not going to make your personality more interesting.
>>
>>18629386
I don't know, don't girls say "hey, he's pretty funny, and he speaks __ languages!"
>>
>>18629410
Not even once
>>
As someone who has had multilingual boyfriends (all of them have been actually): no, it's not impressive.
>>
>>18629282
No
>>
So the conversation would go
>I speak two languages, and I'm learning French and Portuguese
>Oh really? Why are you learning them?
>T-to impress p-people

Yeah, real impressive, OP.
>>
All the girls I dated really dug the fact that I spoke 4 languages. They would also mention it to family members, friends, and people they knew who spoke 3 of the 4.
>>
contain your autism

its not interesting per se, but its interesting in the right contest
for example, if you meet exchange students, or go abroad for work/study

chicks can and will swoon if you start a convo with a foreigner in their language, its risky though, considering out of all things you started your thread with duolingo, which is sure as hell wont teach you how to speak a language
>>
>>18630316
context, its fucking early
>>
>>18629282
Doing anything for the sole purpose of impressing others, rather than being genuinely passionate, is kinda pathetic.
>>
>>18629282
Yes it is impressive. Well, it's impressive if it is a difficult language. Who gives a fuck if you can speak some dumb language like whatever Native Americans speak. If you can speak Chinese/Japanese/Korean/Russian/French then it is pretty cool. Knowing 2 languages means nothing anymore, that should be expected. 3 languages is OK and I think 4 languages is good. It only means something of course if you are fluent enough in the language.

I think girls think it is impressive. I noticed tons of girls put that in their tinder bio if they are multilingual so they do think it is noteworthy. It sounds tryhard just to drop that fact in an effort to impress some broad.

Like >>18630316 it is all about context. What sounds cooler:

I learned Portuguese on my laptop

OR

I went to work and teach in Brazil for two years while learning the language and have accrued incredible stories that have enriched my life and have made me grow as a person.
>>
>>18630638
also to note, I don't think French is a cool language but I can see where many people would perceive it as a cool language. Learn a language that will serve you well in this global market place. Chinese is a no brainer and russian also makes sense.
>>
>>18629282
Depends on where you live. In Europe it is not impressive at all - literally all my friends speak at least 2 languages, and a good 60% speaks 3 or more.
On the other hand, when I tell someone from the US that I can speak 2 languages fluently and 2 decently well they act like it's amazing.
>>
>>18630305
I mean, I don't really do it to impress, I'm asking if by any chance it makes me seem interesting or smart.
>>18630309
I'll take that into consideration.
>>18630316
I'm not learning with duolingo, I just think the picture is funny and relevant to the topic.
>>18630629
I do want to be able to speak more languages!
>>18630640
Those languages really don't interest me, they are really complicated and difficult to learn and don't really have any relevance in my life or career
>>18630644
I live in South America
>>
>>18630654
>I live in South America
Then I guess it's like in Europe. You are kind of expected to speak at least Spanish and English.
>>
>>18630654
>I'm asking if by any chance it makes me seem interesting or smart.
It still doesn't unless you have an interesting reason as to why you're learning so many languages. If you don't have a good reason, you're that guy who learnt four languages to impress people.
>>
>>18629282
>Doing something only to impress people

You should learn the languages to broaden your horizons and to engage with more people. It's a social skill and employers will always like it.
H-hola guapa, wanna go on a rendezvous with me? *Smirk*
Some girls might like the fact that you can have conversations in more than one language but it's definitely not a criteria. It only gives you the opportunity to talk to more people.
>>
File: IMG_1717.jpg (1MB, 2270x4288px)
IMG_1717.jpg
1MB, 2270x4288px
It's obvious that all those responses are coming from people who only speak one language! My native tongue is Portuguese, I live in holland and I also speak Dutch. I learned speaking English also here in Holland, now I'm learning Spanish + German. Spanish is easy if you speak Portuguese and German is easy if you speak Dutch. I'm not learning those languages because I want to impress people but because I travel a lot!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.