[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How should I message a girl over Facebook?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 2

File: 1501347433654.jpg (197KB, 848x848px) Image search: [Google]
1501347433654.jpg
197KB, 848x848px
As a little bit of backstory I went through a really bad breakup a few months back, and am now single for the first time in over seven years.

During that time I've started working a job at home, so I don't get out of the house much to meet new people.

I'm 21 years old, and I came across a girl on Facebook that I used to have a crush on when I was a kid.
I can tell just from observing her profile that we have at least a few things in common, and I think we could get along very well.
But I know I'm never just going to run into her randomly in public or anything like that, and I doubt she'll be single forever.
So while the door is open I want to send her a message and ask her on a date.
But I feel like doing that might be a little weird, because I've lost a lot of my social skills and confidence, so I'm second guessing every possibility I can come up with.

My original thought was just to message a hello, ask them how they've been, and then see if they might want to go to a movie or dinner or something like that. But I feel like it might be a little weird to just come out of the blue and ask her on a date, especially over Facebook.

The other option I was considering was saying hello like before, but this time saying that I was interested in getting to know her a little bit, and hopefully going from there, but again, not sure if that's a great idea.

My last option is a little bit more convoluted. But I used to be really good friends with one of her best friends back in the day, and I also think it's possible for me to reconnect with them, and then ask them for help with the situation.

I could really use any advice on what I should do. I'm not afraid of rejection because I know full well it's always a possibility, but I know if I don't try nothing can come of this at all.
So any advice on what I should do, and how would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance
>>
Option number two sounds better to me. If the conversation goes well enough and you feel like you can do it, ask to meet her. If not, try having another conversation sometime soon. Rinse and repeat until you feel the time is right, or until she asks first. Best of luck OP.
>>
File: 4L_Jjjdv6Nr.png (4MB, 2160x3656px) Image search: [Google]
4L_Jjjdv6Nr.png
4MB, 2160x3656px
I was in a similar situation a while back. What I did was make a comment on something we had in common. In this case I had moved nearby and asked them what there was to do in the neighboring city.

I then asked if they could catch up with me the following week since I was "busy" this week and haven't seen them in years.

I asked for their number so I could reach them next week and the rest is history.

If you're confident, precise, and don't drag out the conversation you should be fine.

Non Creepy opener, public meet up for the sake of catching up, ask for number for the meetup
>>
cut your ddddick off
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.