[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do i deal with my best friend dropping me for my political views

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

File: REEEEEE.jpg (25KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEE.jpg
25KB, 852x480px
So to better explain things, my former best friend who i had known for 8 years was cool with me talking about political topics until last year. Around this time i became more centrist / right leaning and i even ended up voting for trump, what you think of him aside i still held many typically liberal values.The right to freedom of expression and limited government etc. I also started learning more about Islam in this time period, to the point where i stopped calling it the "religion of peace" and started talking about the negatives of it, Like how women are not allowed to drive, honor killings of women and how gays are thrown off roofs.
She would reply with something along the lines of "thats their culture" and i thought that was too much of a easy pass on people doing terrible things.Fast forward a few months she's talking about how much she hates Mormons and says how they're the worst religion on the planet, i tell her that's not the case and give her examples of islamic doctrine and practices in Muslim countries. she goes into full shutdown and gets mad at me but i tell her "even if we do not have the same political beliefs its fine to talk about them because its part of being open and honest".
>continued
>>
continued.
She finally agrees to relax but fast forward to two days ago she says"were not compatable because you think the most backwards things" so during the ensuing argument she started to say that Im Islamophobic because she "Feels" emphasis on feeling that im the type of person in her word "to see a terror attack and instantly go whats that persons race oh Muslim gross" even though I've never said anything close to that. The most critical thing i've ever said on islam is that It is an ancient Abraham religion that needs to reform because its sharia laws are dangerous to the western world. She then openly admits that she likes talking about politics just not with me because she does not respect my opinions,this was the last straw for me and i told her how much of a hypocrite she was.
>>
Several mistakes here
-assuming women have the capability of forming a political ideology
-thinking communism is liberal because CNN says so
-having anything to do with a woman you don't want to fuck
-asking 4eddit for advice
-doing so while admitting you voted for a Republican
tl;dr move to Kentucky
>>
>lost best friend because political views
Damn man that's dumb, maybe he wasn't a real friend to begin with

>Muslim blah blah
>ea they are subhuman nothing new

>she
Oh, this explains a lot

Also, a woman as a best friend jesus christ man

Think of it this way, she is not making posts on social media wondering who is in the wrong, she has already forgotten about you. One orbiter is gone but there are many moons in the solar system
>>
>>18629252
I mean its better than asking reddit for advice, i get brutal harsh opinions on here and i love it, also is 4eddit supposed to be 4 chans version of reddit? and if so is it /adv/ ?
>>
>>18629263
To add on to my dumb decisions, she lives off her millionaire parents money and constantly talks about how her life sucks while going to a 40k a year college
>>
>>18629277
Dont worry, people like her doesnt live in the real world and will never see it.
>>
>>18629213
>>18629216

Approximately 2 billion people on this planet are Muslim and, statistically, a very small percentage of them are what one would considered "radicalized" and/or still practice sharia law. Being honest about the religion is one thing but its a common logical pitfall to characterize the worst members of a population as representative of the population as a whole.

Statistically, the biggest danger to the western world is right wing and white supremacist home grown terror and gun violence, not sharia law. Homegrown terrorists have killed an exponential amount more Americans than muslim extremists have.

So, ultimately, I understand what you were trying to say and your initial offering was correct but you made the mistake of mischaracterizing statistics for the sake of fitting your argument instead of the other way around. It also becomes a suspect cornerstone to your argument when you fail to mention the localized violence and death caused by christian and far-right extremism and instead focus on the objectively lesser deadly issue of muslim extremism in our country.
>>
>>18629292
I'ts about 60-70% of the muslim community that wants sha-law. There have been real studies done, on phone so dont have any links atm.
>>
>>18629213
>dropping me for my political views

Don't expect much poltiical flexibility with people especially in our butthurt entitiled times OP
>>
>>18629292

it's not about death count it's about ideological differences. Don't get me wrong secular Muslim nations were more moderate in the past and had far less restrictive laws. However this is not the case anymore in most Muslim nations under sharia it is required by law to put gays to death and legal to put women to death for adultery. It is an incredibly dated Relgion / political system, It has nothing to do with the people in the religion its about the dogma the religion teaches
>>
>>18629213
>Fast forward a few months she's talking about how much she hates Mormons and says how they're the worst religion on the planet
mate why didnt you solo her with "thats their culture"?
>>
>>18629291 she's smart in other aspects shes just emotional and irrational when it comes to politics.
>>
File: woah.jpg (65KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
woah.jpg
65KB, 500x500px
>>18629318
that never actually crossed my mind, omg i missed a golden opportunity.
>>
>>18629213
OP, in a way you were lucky in losing a 'friend' of 8 years over differences in political outlook. A tip: she was no friend of yours.
More, she was also grossly inconsistent
For Muslims, she went like "it's their culture", on the other hand she holds Mormons are the worst religion on theplanet.

good for nothing
>>
>>18629335
>that never actually crossed my mind, omg i missed a golden opportunity.
happens to the best!
@topic
i met only a very small amount of women that were able to tolerate someone expressing non-liberal views (i.e. those put forth by media/facebook/etc). so her reaction is not surprising.

move on!
>>
>>18629216
If she's willing to drop you over a difference of opinions she's a shit friend, be glad you don't have to deal with her anymore
>>
File: 19293112.png (321KB, 408x382px) Image search: [Google]
19293112.png
321KB, 408x382px
>>18629252
>asking 4eddit for advice
Gold
>>
>>18629341
>>18628370
>>18629376

Thanks for the advice guys, 10x more helpful and accepting than anyone over on reddit. (not to mention funnier)
>>
>>18629292
>Always forgive mud people, turn a blind eye to the radical ones
>Always blame all christians anytime one goes rogue
>>
>>18629213
>he's talking about how much she hates Mormons
>I also started learning more about Islam in this time period, to the point where i stopped calling it the "religion of peace" and started talking about the negatives of it, Like how women are not allowed to drive, honor killings of women and how gays are thrown off roofs.
>She would reply with something along the lines of "thats their culture"

You didn't lose a friend, you dodged a funny haired man-hating white-hating jew loving bullet.

The kind of girl who screams racism when you don't assume brown skin = innocence.

I say, feed her to the wolves, go full lefty on her (act) and convince her to be a jihadi bride.
Go on, it'll be funny, we might even see her in the media getting tortured or something.
>>
>>18629452

i would but she blocked me on all social media and blocked my number. i wouldn't go that far though because then id just radicalize her, that and shes lesbian which makes her supporting sharia even more mornic
>>
>>18629467
>that and shes lesbian which makes her supporting sharia even more mornic

You misspelled "hilarious".

>i would but she blocked me on all social media and blocked my number.

Met her in person, tell her you have saw the light and have changed, you're so sick of those Evil Nazis that you want her to accompany you to the middle east to help those innocent people.

Then leave her there.
>>
>i even ended up voting for trump

She didn't ditch you for being right leaning but for being an idiot. It was just a prank bro, nobody was actually supposed to vote for him lmao

Clinton was a perfectly good right wing candidate and would have done exactly the same things as trump with the exception of becoming a national embarrassment while doing it.
>>
>>18629482
i misspelled a lot of things :c, also Im not that mean lmao

>>18629483

in my opinion Hillary was worse, she's actually gotten people killed but i just like trump more personally. and we already had national embarrassments. its called most of our celebrities, we can take a few more embarrassments.
>>
>>18629483
I voted for trump desu because I know what goes on in the South Border. It's not pretty dude, you don't realize it but cartels are everywhere down there and sooner or later it's going to reach me.

t. texan
>>
>>18629518
>i misspelled a lot of things :c, also Im not that mean lmao

It's not mean to give someone exactly what they ask for.

Look at it this way, you'd actually be doing her a favour. She wants it so go on and do it. Turn her into some Jihadi bride then sit in your nice comfy "evil racist western" country and think about whether or not she regrets it yet, or if she's simply wondering how much she can virtue signal all of this shit for on social media when (if) she gets home.

The more I say this, the more I kinda like IS, as long as they stay out of our countries and stop the terror. We could end up with a soft white sharia by sending the traitors to them. It'd be pretty good. Shame they are the enemy really.
>>
> women are not allowed to drive
There is literally only one country where this is true, which is Saudi Arabia.

Just stop discussing politics with her.
>>
>>18629213
this seems like elaborate bait
if not, then you're seeking someone to agree with you
your friend was an idiot but I'm pretty sure you're an idiot too
you're leaving out when and why you would talk about the negatives of Islam, I'm willing to bet you didn't need to bring them up
you're leaving out what "liberal" values you hold beyond the lowest common denominator freedoms that any American is expected to believe in
you're leaving out what kind of ass-backwards thinking lead you to believe that Trump would be able to accomplish anything, let alone anything good and meaningful
>>
>>18629518
>she's actually gotten people killed
at least she's had the opportunity to
we've never had someone as grossly inexperienced as Trump at actually making life-or-death decisions in as high a position as this ever before
>>
>>18629537

not bait, i was just looking to get other prospective's on it i'm just terrible at stringing together something cohesive, i had to remake the post haha.

>>18629549 yeah he makes some interesting moves some bad some good, i'm not going to say i blindly support him because sometimes i'm in disapproval of what he does.
>>
>she's actually gotten people killed

so what, I'm certain almost every powerful person has had to make their way over a few corpses during their career

>its called most of our celebrities, we can take a few more embarrassments

not on this level, eu and china have been able to easily justify stonewalling every trade deal since he took office which also considering the deals dropped are estimated to amount to over 2% less GDP rise annually
>>
>>18629537
But to expand on what you said ill answer it piece by piece i guess,

>You're friend was an idiot but i'm pretty sure you're an idiot too

Yeah i'm a dumb ass not gonna argue against that

>You're leaving out when and why you would talk about the negatives of Islam, i'm willing to bet you didn't need to bring them up.

Whenever i would speak about the negatives of Islam it was always in response to something happening for example when turkey decided to put a heavier emphasis on sharia in its schools i spoke about my views on Islam.

>You're leaving out what "liberal" values you hold beyond the lowest common denominator freedoms that any american is expected to believe in

I'm a strong advocate for private property, freedom of religion & an unhampered market.
However i fall more along the lines of libertarian according to a political compass test

>You're leaving out what kind of ass backwards thinking lead you to believe that Trump would be able to accomplish anything, let alone anything good and meaningful

I voted for him because he seemed like a strong populist leader. and i wanted to put faith in him simple as that, he was somewhat anti establishment from what i saw. of course i could be wrong and be misslead
>>
>
so what, I'm certain almost every powerful person has had to make their way over a few corpses during their career

Benghazi is inexcusable she decided to go to sleep rather than deal with a crisis, not to mention her New York state health care bill was a mockery.

>not on this level, eu and china have been able to easily justify stonewalling every trade deal since he took office which also considering the deals dropped are estimated to amount to over 2% less GDP rise annually

I don't have much information on recent trade deals but i'll take a look at it and if they are as bad as you're claiming then yeah ill be pissed at him for it
>>
>>18629549
This was Trump's whole appeal though. We need a leader who can get things done, not worry about whether his bulge hurts the President of Moldova's feelings.
>>
>>18629615
I changed my mind, you seem like a level-headed guy
I think you were mislead about Trump, but the rest of that is quite respectable
>>
>>18629644
that's a fine idea, but it turns out he does hurt a lot of people's feelings, and people don't want to work with him, and he's not even giving that a chance to be an issue because he's firing people left right and center
>>
>>18629648

Thanks haha i try to acknowledge when Im biased, and yeah its possible i was mislead but ill hold out hope he can do something great before his term is over with minimal damage.
>>
>>18629644
>We need a leader who can get things done

It's mid august and he hasn't passed a single piece of legislation
>>
>>18629549
>we've never had someone as grossly inexperienced as Trump at actually making life-or-death decisions in as high a position as this ever before

As opposed to the "highly" experience Bush, Cheney, Palin, McCain dream team right? I mean, they've been in power for decades so surely they have the best of our interests in mind and would NEVER drag us into war.

Get real, they're all old fucks and "experience" doesn't mean jack shit when they have no real fear of the repercussions since they're not voted out. Just look at bernie who capitulated in the worst possible way yet is still in office.
>>
>>18629666
Revise civics please.

>>18629648
>>18629658
You're talking like Donald Trump is some random doctor who was pushed into the deep end by his friends because he had a news article published about him. He can't be entirely clueless being the CEO of a multinational corporation.

Also why are we debating the competency of the sitting POTUS when the topic was differences in political opinions ruining friendships?
>>
>>18629705

Yeah he isn't as clue less as i make him sound,

And i think it was because i was replying to someone or multiple people about me mentioning who i voted for in my original post
>>
>>18629213
>How do i deal with my best friend dropping me for my political views
Don't talk to friends about
1. Politics
2. Money

Easy, effective solution.
>>
>>18629213

As a Mormon I just want to say that you need to break up with her.
Mormon hate is no bueno.
>>
tfw my friends wholly accept my alt-right political beliefs because they accepted I'm more intelligent than them beforehand
>>
>>18629668
every one of those except maybe Cheney had some previous experience in government
you have a point though
>>
>>18629765
the traditional no-no topics are politics and religion, why money?
>>
>>18629765

i had thought because i knew them for so long and i figured they would respect me enough lmao nope i was wrong.
>>
>>18629213
Don't orbit SJW retards in the future.
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.