[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We see a lot of sad relationship stories on here, so I would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (5KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5KB, 275x183px
We see a lot of sad relationship stories on here, so I would like to shift gears a bit. Asking anyone who is in a long term relationship where they and their significant other genuinely feel love for each other. How did you meet? When did you realize that you love them? Can you describe the feeling? What advice can you give others to achieve the same thing?
>>
>>18628848
Married 9 years. Together for 14.

>How did you meet?
Highschool
>When did you realize that you love them?
Couple years into it, she was supposed to just be a rebound. But liked her more than I thought I would.
>Can you describe the feeling?
No. She is my best friend, and I have no desire to see anyone other than her.
>What advice can you give others to achieve the same thing?
Have as much in common as possible. Doing things together is the only way to make it work long term. And there is no "spark" or any other horseshit hollywood sells. It takes time to be in love. Not something that just happens.
>>
>>18628848
>How did you meet?
On 4-fucking-chan.

My dad was in hospital doing chemo. I spent all day taking care of him. I was exhausted, frustrated, emotionally devastated because my dad had cancer. I came home and found my boyfriend there, with pizza and a beer. He did my laundry and grocery shopping.
We sat on the floor, laughed all night and I went to bed happy.
I remember laying there and thinking "shit, I really fucking love this dude".

I felt like he was worth fighting for. Like I wanted him, with all his flaws, and all his shit - and being next to him for the rest of my life was essential for my well being.
It felt accepted and understood for the first time in my life, too. Like I could be unapologetically myself and he'd like what I was. I felt like getting to a place I never knew but always belonged to.

Talk. Show love. Be genuine.
>>
Together five years. Met in highschool when I was 13, her 15. Obsessed with her and finally won her over when I was 16. Moved in together after six months. Lots of ups and downs but ultimately happily in love. Communication is KEY.
>>
>>18628909
I told her I loved her after 3 months sat on her couch watching her play fucking neopets, the moment I knew I was in love we had been living together for a few months and were lying side by side and realised I was going to be with my best friend forever.
>>
>>18628919
That sounds one sided. Does she love you back?
>>
>>18628848
>How did you meet?
Playing LoL, talked on skype and eventually met after 1,5 years, we are marrying on saturday
Had a crush on her after about 4 months, actually fell in love... I can't quite tell
No, not really, all I know is that it felt (and still does) really good talking to her and noticing that she actually enjoyed it too
tough one, because I'd say I lucked out
generally my advice would be to not actively search for someone. Be on the lookout, but don't get into a relationship for the sake of it, but for the person.
Once you got that, be genuine, trust each other, wait with the sex, not necessarily until marriage, but at least for a few weeks
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.