[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Argument with the gf

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: giphy.gif (1MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 500x278px
TL;DR
>called the gf a bitch
>told her I thought and still think she deserves it
>she mad

I got in an argument with the gf 3 days ago, she said she was embarrassed of me in public when I talk about things she brings up (political). I have no culture, heritage, etc. so I really find my only identity in building knowledge and hobbies.

Hearing and seeing her embarrassed of who I am really got to me especially since I support her when she does some pretty embarrassing things in public.

Even after realizing what she had done, she said she wasn't sorry for it. She proceeded to bring up issues with me that don't fit or aren't true such as me not doing dishes? So I in anger called her a bitch.

We live together and today we talked after 2 days of silence. She calmly said she won't be able to be affectionate for a while because I called her a bitch. I told her I stand by what I said, this pissed her off and were silent again.

Should I feel any regret for calling her a bitch?
>>
Two stubborn ass people in a relationship makes for a roller coaster ride. If you guys don't have the ability to communicate and compromise I don't see how you could live together. You shouldn't have in the first place lol
>>
On the one hand, yeah, name calling is childish and you clearly lost your temper and did it out of anger so, I think regret is appropriate and maybe apologizing. That kind of reaction is just not constructive.

On the other hand based on how your gf is handling this she very well may be a bitch. She is trying to punish you over this incident where it sounds like you were both a bit at fault and the most appropriate thing would be a mutual apology because you both said hurtful things and work it out and make up, etc.

But it seems like that's really not gonna happen because you're both being stubborn and there is no "bigger person" in this scenario.
>>
Neither of you are in the right because you both fucked up. Both of you need to admit that to compromise and move forward, but it looks like you're both stubborn as fuck and overly proud. Sorry OP.
>>
>>18628827
>>18628842
>>18628851
Makes sense, it's our first fight in over 8 months.

I know this sounds autistic, but is it okay for me to still hold the position that she was acting out of place and in turn I can still think she was a bitch?
I know it's not constructive, but I don't know how to move on if she doesn't think what she was doing was inappropriate. It was beyond inappropriate and I think bitch is a good description of how she was acting. Is it not worth holding that position, even if she still isnt sorry?
>>
>>18628865
If you still want her just drop it apologize and move on. And next time if it happens talk to her without getting emotional. If you can't reason with her get your keys and go get shitfaced. Don't come back until the AM
>>
>>18628865
Listen, after apologizing, talking it out calmly, and explaining why what she said was hurtful and mean and why it made you angry and she STILL insists she did nothing wrong and is not sorry, fucking drop her and never look back.

My last breakup was with a person like that. No matter what they did they would just NEVER EVER admit fault even when they were CLEARLY at fault. People like that are psycho and can't be helped. Even if she isn't necessarily crazy, if she isn't sorry about what she said it just indicates she doesn't give a fuck about how it made you feel so you should drop her anyway.
>>
>>18628873
>>18628890
Gotcha, well thanks guys, I'm out
>>
>>18628811
Anon women are children. Give them candy and tell them to fuck off. Also unapologetically be yourself. When she's embarrassed about it tell her tough shit. She'll either get wet from your dominance or double down if she does drop her.
>>
>>18628811
>when I talk about things she brings up (political). I have no culture, heritage, etc. so I really find my only identity in building knowledge and hobbies.
>Hearing and seeing her embarrassed of who I am really got to me especially since I support her when she does some pretty embarrassing things in public.

If you're not gone, OP, can you elaborate what happened? It's extremely vague.
>>
>>18628811
Nah, gotta have your boundaries.

Just be clear and consistent on why.
>>
>>18628811
you're being too vague for us to help you with the root issue, and you're being a bitter cunt to your girlfriend instead of solving the problem like a man. I would say you about get what you deserve at this point.
>>
>>18628811
If she made you that angry then chances are that she touched on something that was true and you did not want to hear. Maybe you should ask yourself why you were angry at what she said instead of looking for outside validation on calling your gf a bitch.

Self reflection hurts, the truth cuts like a sword.
>>
>>18628811
>living with someone you're not married to
your own fault bitch
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.