[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is moving for a job hard?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 48542496_thumbnail.jpg (1MB, 5413x2953px) Image search: [Google]
48542496_thumbnail.jpg
1MB, 5413x2953px
I graduated with an AAS from community college but there's no entry level jobs in this city. I hate to move out of my parents house but I need that experience, there's just no one willing to train someone as everyone wants experienced guys. There are a few positions in another smaller city about 4 hours within state that I'm willing to move to. Can anyone give me tips on how to do this and what to look out for?

Notes: I have about $1500 cash, a car paid off, about $2300 in cc debt(only debt i have), with a credit score of about 730, no real obligations like a kid or wife. I am also willing to take out a personal loan for this.
>>
First thing I'd suggest is getting rid of that debt as soon as you possibly can. Make sure there are absolutely no jobs whatsoever that are entry level in your current area. You have a car, and you live with your parents, so if you can find an entry level job at most within 30-40 minutes of your house you would have income without having to worry about rent. If there are absolutely no entry level jobs within that 40 minute radius, I'd suggest a long distance commute (if you can afford the time lost while traveling and the gas costs)

Moving out is an extremely big choice that will create a whole new set of problems in your life, and will eat into the free time you once had. (You will have to clean your own house, cook your own meals, buy a new bed, cookware, furniture, pay the bills, etc) Another thing you have to make sure of before you move out, is if the job that requires you to move out is guaranteed.

Don't take out a personal loan unless absolutely necessary. You already have debt and you don't want more debt piling up on top of that.
>>
>>18628471
There's nothing entry level that I want. I've checked with all the major websites and companies but they just are not willing to take you on without the certifications and you need on the job hours for certifications so it's a catch 22.

There are a couple of positions but they work with radiation which is the last thing I want to deal with. I have experience but it's in general quality which I want to move away from. and i can't get rid of the debt since I have no job at the moment.

I live in a town at the outskirts of a city and anything that isn't fast food requires an hour commute so my time is pretty much gone anyway. I never really wanted to move out since no rent and mom's cooking is great plus I get along with my dad really well but I'm just desperate to not be stuck with random jobs that are borderline poverty tier.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.