[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mortgage Loan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (60KB, 970x647px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
60KB, 970x647px
A small backstory, my dad is an asshole, but he raised me alone my entire life, I've had a lot of confrontations with him, and he's lost two houses and has now has abysmal credit, whereas I have flawless credit.

Cut to now, he wants to use my credit to get a $80,000 loan on a home, I had two loans making me ineligible to get a mortgage loan and he paid them off totaling around $17k

I'm going to have to get this loan in my name, all the responsibility and the deed to the property is going to be in his and my name.

Am I going to get fucked if I do this?

And how do I NOT do this considering he's already paid my debt off to make me eligible for the loan.
>>
>>18628323
Why did he lose the other 2 homes ?
>>
>>18628344

Depression and medication causing him to not care about anything on the first, and he straight up lost that one completely.

The second because he's unemployed and refuses to look for work, that one we ended up doing a short sale on and he lost about $20k
>>
>>18628357
This didn't happen or this is bait. No one would be stupid enough to consider this.
>>
>>18628366

I was drowning in debt slowly maxing out my credit card month after month and he offered to pay it all off, how am I going to say no to that.
>>
>>18628421
Ehh because he's paying off a small amount of debt and asking you to put yourself into fucking HUGE debt in return? I'm not the same guy you replied too btw, but God damn you're insane if you go ahead with this
>>
>>18628423

He paid off $17,000 of my debt, he basically paid for my car (I only made 3 payments on it)

Also, he would be paying for the loan, not me, in this case, what is the worst case scenario, just bankruptcy or foreclosure?
>>
>>18628431
The thing is their will come back on you , ergo your new. At will be taken if the payments aren't made your bank account will be siezed your wages will be slashed , Not His
>>
Do not do it. No parent should ask this if you. It doesn't matter that he's done stuff for you, he's supposed to do that.
>>
>>18628431
So he has down-the-tubes credit rating but can shell out 17k Ito pay your debt + what your car cost minus 3 payments in cash ?
>>
>>18628442

Long story short, my grandma died when I was back in highschool, he got a settlement and it's been slowly dwindling ever since, he would be putting the down payment of $20k on the house as well.

On the deed, with my name being first and his name being second, does that mean anything, does he have just as much power over the property as I do, and if he gets into debt himself, can they take the house that we both technically own?
>>
Depends on the reason for buying the home in the first place. Will it be cheaper than renting? Is the primary reason to accrue equity? Is the reason to have a better lifestyle?

Why not make an LLC and buy it in its name. You can both be shareholders, since he seems to have some funds, have him front the cash for the downpayment for his stake in the company, you supply your good name and credit. He can rent the house from the company. If you do this right there is no risk at all. And any home improvement is now capital investment.

The beauty of this scheme is in making the rent comparable for the area, but since your costs will be low, no overhead to deal with the tenant, you can actually have the company turn a small profit.
>>
>>18628474

It's for my dad and his sister, I will not be living there, they're currently living in a motor home.
>>
>>18628458
I'm not aware of the laws governing credit/mortgages etc, but here : you can't meet rent/downpayment the creditors will cut losses by taking over the house, evicting you and sell the property. Any deficit they'll go after who signed .. to the maximum extent possible... Unless you're loaded, I advise against doing this
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.