[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

About a week ago, GF broke up with me after a year and a half.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: 1488504326379.jpg (209KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488504326379.jpg
209KB, 600x800px
About a week ago, GF broke up with me after a year and a half. I've been avoiding the relationship for the past two months so this was bound to happen.

I was pretty torn up about it, but I've been hitting the gym harder, journaling, and staying away from mind-altering substances.

My original plan was to go no contact for 2-3 months, so I could get over her, then meet up in a last-ditch effort to give it another shot.

But last night I realized something. She's been talking about going to grad school, and I actually want something stable and long-term. I didn't understand this explicitly before. We had originally gotten together as a short-term thing, but then we hit it off and fell in love.

I felt a lot better after realizing this, because it explains why I was ambivalent, and why things probably wouldn't work with her either. I'm not 100% over her, but I'm like 80-90% over her.

But, I also feel like taking her to coffee to explain things, in the 1/100000 chance that me actually stating what I want out of a relationship would change her mind. It won't, but it feels like something I should do, because if circumstances were different, she would be the type of person I would want.

I'm sure a week of no contact is too brief, even though I think my emotional state has changed sufficiently. I'm also making other changes to my life but those haven't taken effect yet. So how long should I wait? I'm sure I need to give it some more time to enjoy being single, and also to make sure this isn't some temporary thing.

I'm going to the gym now but I'll be back in an hour or so. Thanks bros.
>>
Oh, if she is going to grad school for sure, then I wouldn't want to start things up again. But I suspect that maybe her talking about grad school was a way for her to create scarcity. So maybe this is more about closure than anything else. I'm not sure.
>>
>>18628051
Its over OP. The sooner you work through the process of loss the sooner you get on with your life. Going back and dragging this out only extends the process.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.