[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best trade to get into if I want to move abroad?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

What is the best trade to get into if I want to move abroad? The easiest ones to get into here are bricklaying and joinery but brick laying looks boring.
>>
Working for the UN is usually the best way to have your ass moving all around the world. To be quite frank, if you want to move abroad, then just move abroad. Save up some money and make it a goal of yours. If bricklaying is something that will help you do that, I'm sure you can stifle your boredom with a little bit of willpower
>>
>>18628291
Forgot to mention I'm from the UK
>>
I have been working abroad on and off for the past 4 years in Bermuda.

First of all, there is usually no shortage of masons in the countries I've been to even as a visitor. I think that would be a poor route to take. I'm from Canada and I've been doing masonry restoration for 8 years and it has not been even a slight advantage other than just being construction experience. I was hired as a firestopper which is an entry level job.

Basically the more obscure or new your specialty is, the more likely you are to travel.

Other trades like drywalling, plumbing and welding are a good route if you would like to work on an island because the populations are usually too small for major projects.

Drywallers made up a large portion of the 250 int hires because humid countries do not usually use drywall, in turn there are few trained drywallers on the island.

A good lead would be to look at major projects happening in small countries with higher unemployment rates. That sounds counter intuitive, I know, but low employment rates means less skilled workers.

Some companies I know of that work abroad are BCM McAlpine, Black & Mack and Keen.

I think the BCM workers moved onto a large project in the Cayman Islands after Bermuda.

If you get with a company that bids abroad and they send you down, they will probably keep sending you abroad. They usually move the same crews around.

In Bermuda I get paid $25 an hour American where as I would make $15 an hour Canadian for the same job.
Bermuda has a lot of major projects coming up. They are building a new airport threw the Canadian company Acon. They are also building an entire resort style village called Morgan's Point.

If you look into the companies I listed and the projects I listed that could be a really good start.

Hope my advice was helpful
Good luck!

Pic related, I took this photo in Bermuda during my last stay. Going back in 3 weeks!
>>
I teach english in japan with only a gradekid level ability to speak and read japanese. I imagine it wouldn't be that hard to teach english in another country if you could get by with that nation's defacto language.

inb4 "how did you get that job". I literally googled it and sent my resume to a bunch of teaching agencies, one responded, I interviewed and got hired. It's the easiest job I've ever held.
>>
>>18628479
Honestly, if you can find a firestopping company to work for where you are and get to know the basics I might be able to hook you up with a job. You must learn how to read blueprints, get to know the more popular system codes, get comfortable with a caulking gun and tagging/logging procedure. It's really easy.

You must however be a hard worker and be decently responsible on your time off. Just don't embarrass yourself, it's a small island.

If you're interested drop me your email and I'll do the same. No guarantees but I have connections in other trades as well.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.