[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a problem guys and i think that you might help me I want

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I have a problem guys and i think that you might help me
I want to improve my English skills, I used duolingo and that only helped me with vocabularies, also I wasted much time surfing for useful courses on internet but never found any
now I realized that the English is the mother language of most of you, and because of that you might help me with useful tips to improve in a fast way instead of wasting my free time searching for worthless courses that didnt learn me jack shit, regardless that the people in the course are hindis nor European, i get 20days of free time though, i don't want to waste them on useless thing sung like vidya but instead i decided to spend that time learning the language that otherwise will help me in my life and worklife over time
>>
>>18627543
Read a lot. Listen a lot. Pick up on what might be called the "music" of English, the rhythms and sentence constructions that are natural to native speakers and writers. Analyze a written sentence and try to figure out what makes it read like natural English and not some other language translated into English.
>>
Expose yourself to music, books, movies ect.
Also you should ask those who English is a foreign languange, not native. What can a native speaker tell you? "You should go back in time and make your parents talk to you all the time"? Learning a foreign language is different than aquiring your native language.
>>
Chat with Anglo people. That's the #1 thing. Even online. And let them know that you want them to correct you.

Friendly tip: Nobody in English says, "mother language". We call it first language.
>>
Video games are an excellent and engaging way to improve your skills in a foreign language, and there are literally thousands to choose from

Remember, they're not useless if you're using them to practice/learn

Also your English is very good already. There are a few grammar mistakes that betray you as foreign, but you're doing very well as it is

You might want to try >>>/int/ too, there's a language learning thread on there usually
>>
>>18627803
I use "mother language" and "mother tongue", they're just in a more formal register than most people use
>>
>>18627771
seems to be helpful desu, on the other hand that's what i did
>>18627792
you might be right, but belive me the ESL cannot help you to improve the language you want to learn as those who this language is their native, simply they can't learn you the right way to reading or speaking as the native speakers
>>18627803
where can i find this dudes?
>>18627806
idk, but i have no way to play vidya since my pc smashed and requiers at least two weeks to come back to work though, that means l will spend my days fixing it. my writing skills is well comparing to my speaking one. also i'm good in reading even though i face some proplems with words that i do not know the mean of them you know, you think dictionary might be useful or it doesn't worth it. ty for the board mentioning btw
>>
>>18627859
you could always download a game boy advance emulator or something for your phone

but yes, a dictionary would be VERY helpful. Especially using an English<-->English dictionary (instead of an English<-->Mother Language dictionary) if you think your skills are good enough to try

That's what I do when I play video games in Japanese. I used to read at about 20 words per minute.
Now that I've played video games and learned a lot of words with a native (Japanese) dictionary, I can read almost as fast as I can read English.

I'm wondering if there are any English-Learner multiplayer game communities for you to practice spoken english on, for when you get your computer fixed. That would be incredibly beneficial. I can't imagine there aren't any.
>>
>>18627869
suerly the vidya and game communities would be the best way to improve but to be honest i dont have the much time for neither of them
if you know any other tips such like books,courses or even exercise to practice what i've learned, ty for you interest dude
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.