[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yet another day wasted. Is twenty too late to turn my life around?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1486596991873s.jpg (6KB, 220x250px) Image search: [Google]
1486596991873s.jpg
6KB, 220x250px
Yet another day wasted. Is twenty too late to turn my life around?
>>
Heck no. Even at 30 you have a chance to shift tracks to paradise.
I had nothing going for the longest time - stopped studying after one semester, didn't do anything for years, was a handholdless virgin till 21 (and even then the experience was really bad), zero friends within a 2000 mile radius, overweight and never left my room.
Now I'm studying one of the most challenging fields at university, am much more interested in life and started seeing a lovely and wholesome girl. Sometimes I think about how far I'd be already had I done these things after graduating highschool, but it's pointless to have that mindset.
You'll probably be doing a few more dumb mistakes, but that's fine as long as you learn. The 20s are very patient, and you'll get plenty of chances to turn your life around as long as you start picking yourself up.
>>
>>18627491
How did you get started? Did you just suddenly find motivation to do shit? Ive been trying to make a change but it always seems like I take one step forward and two steps back. How did you solve your money concerns with regards to paying for school?
>>
>>18627504
I'll admit that I have the privilege of living with a very supportive and moderately well-off family, which allowed me not to worry about having to scrape up money till the end of the month, plus they financed my therapy sessions and medication. Still, although it's hard to quantify the impact of the meds, the most important catalyst for change is your own desire to improve and to start doing anything productive on a regular basis, no matter how trivial. Eventually I started getting desires to accomplish things - get a job, lose weight, resume education,...
Do you have friends or family that could help you? If someone cares about you, they'd gladly carry some of your burden if it helps you get better. What kind of school do you want to go to?
>>
Consider joining the military
>>
>>18627482
I'm going to wait to be 99 to turn my life around.
>>
>>18627482
You've literally been an adult for 2 years..

You'll be fine anon if you put some legit effort into getting your shit together
>>
>>18627482
I'm with you OP. I'm 21, no drivers license, never held an actual job a day in my life, honestly have absolutely no idea how to do anything that an adult should be able to, and pretty much jusy aimlessly browse the internet and masturbate all day.

I always get these spurts of motivation where I realize how fucked up I am and how much i want to change, how many things I want to be able to experience before it's too late, and I will try for a while. I'll start excercising and dieting, go back to practicing and studying one of the few interests I think I could actually turn into something one day.

But it doesn't last. Barely a week or two will pass and I'll go back to the same bad habits and routines that I'm so used to. It's just an endlessly looping cycle that I can't escape.

I really don't understand it. I would give anything to always feel the same way I do during those spurts of motivation.
>>
>>18629267
Same here...
>>
>>18627482
Start with getting a job. Even if it's just as like a busser at a restaurant for pocket change. Or better yet think about what you have always wanted and make a plan, from the ground up, or just identify the first step. then go do it. You'd be surprised what you can do and how you will feel if you consistently dedicate time to a certain task. It's just a matter of doing SOMETHING.
>>
>>18627482
kek, I have been feeling the same way since I was 15.

I will give you a bit of a different answer: this feeling is probably some western thing. I moved to America when I was 12, going on 13 and ever since then I feel like there has been much more pressure for me to be a special person. Back in my shithole country I was happy to just not die of hunger because of economic problems. I think it's the culture that fucks you up, because everyone is always saying that you can do anything you want, that you have potential and whatever else. I heard this type of thing a lot in school and slowly I became paranoid about wasting my potential and whatnot. The bar is too high. It's the same thing with child prodigies, look it up. They go through a mental break down usually at ages 17-20. I advise you to just come to terms with mediocrity, it's what I did and I feel much better. Unexpectedly, I get to do more outstanding things when I feel this way than when I feel I have the duty to be some special snowflake.
>>
>>18629267
Man I am exactly like you but I somehow got a driving license. I also work out regurarly and am fit but it feels like nothing happens in life. I am still the same jobless friendless weirdo who can't talk to strangers
>>
> Is twenty too late to turn my life around?

yep. Give up, get a job, breed and die.
>>
You can do it still. No worries. Take some classes, meet some people, try new things.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.