[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get scholarships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: internet.jpg (36KB, 500x474px) Image search: [Google]
internet.jpg
36KB, 500x474px
Hey guys. I recently turned 18 and I'm a senior in high school. I'm applying for college with my first choice being gonzaga up in washington state. I have a 4.4 gpa and 28 ACT. Getting in is no problem. However, money will be. So I was wondering if any of you knew a good place to search for scholarships or some specific ones I should apply for. And here's some generic info about me that may help.
I'm a man, living in Oregon State. I plan to major in International Relations and minor in french. I am white and also like a 16th or 8th Pacific islander (no proof other than my grandma telling me that stuff as a kid). I also have aspergers. So if any of you guys have some advice I would really appreciate it.
>>
>>18626961
Apply with FAFSA first, that'll net you your pell grant and sign you up for a few others. Your state should also have a few programs in place to get you some money as well, texas does anyway for your first time in school, dunno much else tho. From what I've seen the big bucks are reserved for the athletes and like the top 5% of high school graduates, and ambitious science majors.
>>
>>18626961
Does your high school have any advisors you can talk to about this process? Perhaps you can attempt to call gonzaga and ask to speak to an advisor.
>>
>>18626982
School hasn't started yet
>>
>>18627255
What
>>
>>18627169
you can still speak with an advisor, call them

another thing you can do is put an ad in the local paper ATTN all business owners- tell your story, and ask for a direct donation which they can write off on their taxes. many restaurant owners will be happy to do this, you should try walking around downtown and speaking to owners, asking for a tax deductible donation to your tuition. they have to pay those taxes anyway and can write off charity so it shouldnt be hard to find someone.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.