[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help me decide what to do for a living /adv/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_5929.jpg (14KB, 125x113px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5929.jpg
14KB, 125x113px
I'm going to college in less than a week and need to come up with something to study and work for the rest of my life help me out please

Requirements:
>must make more than 50k a year
>must be able to be with family every night
>prefereably little to no physical work
>must be a job that's in demand or will still be in demand for the next 60 years or so

Things I like:
>games
>fixing things
>vehicles
>mechanical things
>racing
>driving in general
>helping other people

With all that in mind any ideas lads?
>>
>>18626894
Talk to an adviser, someone at the college's career center, tell them what you're interested in and they will help you find a major and a career that fits your interests. Otherwise considering your interests, major in mechanical engineering and work in the automotive industry.
>>
>>18626894
no one here is gonna research for you, why dont you look at highest paid careers in an office type setting
>>
>wants to make > 50k a year and do 4 years of university
>can't be assed to google "high paying jobs"

wew lad
>>
>>18626894

Accounting.

It's not as boring or math intensive as everyone assumes. There are numerous types of you can specialize in and since every business, big or small, needs an accountant the job security is 100%.
>>
Physician
>>
>>18626992
I can't stand blood and I don't want to be 400k In debt
>>
>>18626894
Actuary. It doesn't really match any of your interests, but it meets all of your requirements very nicely.
>>
>>18627109
IT is a great field.

Either go the software route aka CIS or CS degrees which will get you jobs such as a developer, front-end/back end technician, etc or go the hardware route which is more support roles starting at help desk usually and moving on to desktop support, system administrator, network support etc.

There are plenty of hybrid roles as well, if you go the MIS route you could end up anywhere depending on what you learn in school or own your own or you could get roles business/data/systems analyst which are broad in descriptions. They could be very technical to not technical at all but these roles exist to be the middle-man between development and management normally.

Google these roles depending on your area you could start out at 50k easily if you get your internships in and do well in school. Network with your peers and make as many connections as possible. It's way easier to get a job from someone you know versus spamming applications. I can't stress the internships enough though. Not only can you already have a job lined up but you can essentially fast-track your career. You look more competitive than your peers who didn't do internships and basically all that experience is potentially two less years of shittier pay.

The IT field is growing and shows no signs of slowing down for the most part. Roles such as system administrator are slowly leveling off (even dying) but the IT field is so broad that if you know your shit you can find work easy especially if you are willing to move. You don't even need a degree technically but it's getting harder and harder to get by without one and will always be the tie breaker between you and another non-degree candidate at the very least.
>>
Obviously mechanical engineering. It's a decent major. I've got that paper even though I have no interest in engineering, and even I can land jobs in those shitty times.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.