[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I grow a thicker skin? Im not extremely sensitive, but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

File: Alligator-Skin_sm.jpg (173KB, 1024x806px) Image search: [Google]
Alligator-Skin_sm.jpg
173KB, 1024x806px
How do I grow a thicker skin? Im not extremely sensitive, but I do take negative comments to heart.
>>
>>18626539
>Im not extremely sensitive, but I do take negative comments to heart.
That is the literal definition of being extremely sensitive.
>>
>>18626539
Oh, you are talking about metaphorical skin.
I had good recommendations for the literal skin.
>>
File: 1409364488613.jpg (20KB, 500x404px) Image search: [Google]
1409364488613.jpg
20KB, 500x404px
>>18626542
You're right. I meant that I'm not a blubbering retard when someone doesn't like me.

Sometimes someone flames me in a video game and the encounter just lingers in my mind hours afterwards. I understand that I probably did horribly that match, but the words seem to stick and I eventually lose the will to keep playing.

How do I shrug this shit off? I know its just some random on the internet, but I just take it so personal because I let them down.
>>
>>18626597
Make fun of yourself more.
>>
>>18626539
UHHHHH THICKER
>>
>>18626637
Don't do this, that's the bitch way out.
Just don't get hung up on things. If you make a mistake, forgive yourself for it and strive to do better. Even if you're good aim for better than that. You need to find it in yourself to be proud of what you're bringing to the table. Proud enough so that if someone says otherwise, you can take it with a grain of salt.
>>
>>18626539
someone yelled at me that I'm a faggot while flipping the bird at me earlier today, I've been thinking about it all day. I wish I didn't give a fuck, but people are mean, and I'm sensitive. it's hard not to care when you're insecure about yourself.
>>
>>18626539
Self-deprecating does wonders. If you put your flaws and mistakes out there yourself, it's harder to be hurt by people pointing them out.
>>
>>18626539
How long have you been on 4chan for? It should help with this. Not even joking btw.
>>
>>18626539
Think why do you react to negativity. Think what kind of comments hurt you.

If I flamed you for not being an actual chicken wouldn't you just laugh? Why doesn't that hurt you? What about if I called you the stupidest person I know? Why that might hurt you now?

Learn to accept your mistakes and weaknesses. Realize your ego doesn't need all that protection.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PJSxDv4XrY4
>>
>>18626685
(I'm not the poster you were answering to)

You can be proud of what you have and still laugh at your mistakes.
>>
>>18626823
I agree. Don't get me wrong, I don't think taking yourself too seriously is healthy. But in my experience, laugh too much at yourself and it could lead to complacency for what you can and should change. Still, nothing wrong with feeling comfortable in your own skin.
>>
>>18627119
>Still, nothing wrong with feeling comfortable in your own skin.
Interesting choice of words
>>
>>18626597
Just do.

Be like the mountain; immovable and indifferent to the chaos around you.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.