[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Starting A Band

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2006.jpg (78KB, 640x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2006.jpg
78KB, 640x500px
I want to start a rock band, and because I'm still in high school, that makes it an obligation to start one with kids my age. Although a lot of teenagers are musically talented and listen to rock music, none that I've met are committed to starting a band as much as I am.

On the bright side, I live in a small town. If I'm able to do this, word would spread easily and I can start getting gigs locally. Honestly, I just want to have something going for myself before I finish school, and this is what I'm good at. I just don't know where to start as far as band members.

(Pic not related)
>>
Scrap all of that. Get a real job.
>>
>>18626513
Ok, reality check:

Very few people are able to live on their art only.
Even if you're incredibly skilled, that doesn't necessarily mean that you'll become successful. Success is a combination of skill, luck, and networking.
You're probably going to have to play for a hilariously low amount of money and wonder for years how come come there's people that gets rich by doing this.

That being said, you should probably get a job. I'm not telling you to give up on this, but have something else going on for you, even if it's just to pay the bills. If possible, work at something that gives you spare time to rehearse and the such. In the odd case that your band becomes famous and you're able to live off your music, you can always quit your job. If that doesn't happen, you can have a rock band as a hobby. It's feasible, I know because I'm acquainted with people that does this.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.