[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Quitting my job at the supermarket

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: itsukiandtakumi.gif (61KB, 350x252px) Image search: [Google]
itsukiandtakumi.gif
61KB, 350x252px
I work from 4am to 8am, I've been doing this job for a week and a half. Today I told my manager I was sick and left my shift halfway. Someone is covering for the real manager while he's on holiday. I don't have to give any notice if I leave within the first 4 weeks of my employment according to my contract.

I would have to work again on Thursday, but I want to quit, having a job is gay and I don't need the money.

Thing is I've never had a job before and I don't know how I'm actually supposed to quit. I have the email for the HR department but I have no idea what I'm supposed to do and whether to hand my uniform back.

Can someone tell me what the actual procedure is for these things?
>>
>>18624822
When I quit it was because someone was mean to me, I said I quit and walked out, cried at the park, then went home .
>>
>>18624825

Everyone there is pretty nice, older folk who do this for an actual living instead of a college student like me who wants to extra change to buy sneakers and pizza. I just don't like waking up at 3am since it makes my days completely unproductive.
>>
>>18624822
You work 4 hours and you bitch , lul let me know when you start working a McDonalds 8 hours a day for 7.50 an hour
>>
>>18624822
File a 2 week notice.

I know retail jobs suck, I'm a soda merchandiser, but you really aughtta just bite the bullet and keep at it. If you don't have something else lined up already you're just being a waste of resources. Get a new job, interview, get hired, and them file a 2 week notice to your supervisor. This way if you do good work on the clock you can at least have a good reputation with your current employer. Having other people in the world to talk you up to potential employers is a huge leg up if you ever want to amount to anything.
>>
>>18624832

It's not really the length, I just hate getting up at 3am and losing the rest of my day.
>>
>>18624835
Go to sleep at 8 every night problem solved
>>
Write HR that you quit with effect from today. Then call your manager and tell him you are done, and ask when you can turn in your uniform.

Life is going to be though on you if you find so simple things difficult.
>>
>>18624833

Is it really worth it to keep going for a little while? It feels very demeaning and soul sucking to be working there at the moment and makes me feel like I have no value.

>>18624851

Is that really it? Thanks.

And yeah I get your point, but I don't really feel like I'm in a position for this to be my only option and my future. I don't need the money either, I just wanted to have something on my CV hat was fairly recent.

>>18624841

lol if only it were that easy.
>>
Dumb nigga you're a complete pussy. I work from 4am to 1pm every fuckin day and still have the time and energy to enjoy the rest of my day. Nut up and grow up faggot. Don't quit a job that you're at for 4 goddamned hours.
>>
>>18624822
Some advice: Find a new and better job first, THEN quit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.