[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ive been holding a pencil the wrong way my whole life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

File: pencil-blog-1.jpg (157KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
pencil-blog-1.jpg
157KB, 1200x1200px
im 18
a few days ago i found out ive been holding a pencil wrong my whole
can i still fix this even though ive used it the wrong way my whole life?
i hold it in a so called "quadrupod grip" with 4 fingers but the proper way is with 3. help. is this the right place for this?
>>
can you write?
>>yes
then what the fuck is the problem
>>
File: FB_IMG_1501667805526.jpg (30KB, 640x692px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1501667805526.jpg
30KB, 640x692px
>>18624431
>>
>>18624431
when i was 8 i was diagnosed with a kind of motor dysfunction that basically means i write very slowly cuz theres a disconnect between my brain and my hand, i dont know if this has anything to do with it but hey if fixing this will fix it i would be willing to try
>>
>>18624447
I don't know if holding a pen with 3 fingers will cure your busted nervous system. I vaguely remember doing various exercises to train motor skills as a kid, though I can't say why I did them. A lot of them relied on using toys to do specific tasks designed to improve your hand-eye coordination and the such, although I don't know how effective they would be on an 18 year old. Didn't your parents look for therapy for your dysfunction?
>>
>>18624484
i took special classes for 4 years like twice a week. my condition isnt severe i can write just not as fast as other people can, the way i hold the pen has never been pointed out to me as wrong but it was never mentioned either way. im probs just a retard looking for excuse lol fuck dat.
>>
When I was learning to write as a kid, our school had these things that basically enforced the grip while you were learning how to write the alphabet. Maybe these pencil grips will help you out?
>>
>>18624426
Try being left handed.
>>
I write like shit and have always held pencils the wrong way. My "signature" is vastly different every time I write it and looks crap.

Never got a comment on it and its never held me back in life. Its not like you have to write anything anymore in this modern age except your signature, and maybe minor notes at work.
>>
>>18625483
i am left handed...
>>
>>18625507
thanks for the comforting words freind.
i believe i figured it out and why its confusing me, when i draw (im an art student) i use the tripod grip cuz it lets me use the pencil more lightly but when i write i use quadrapod cuz im more accurate.
thanks guys.
>>
File: twswiftpen.jpg (112KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
twswiftpen.jpg
112KB, 640x960px
>>18624426
When I was a kid I would get pain at the end joint of my middle finger from writing too much.

I forced myself to write differently for comfort because of how often I was having to stop and take breaks from the pain so now I hold my pen like Taylor Swift. There is practically no pressure on the bone/joint so you can write endlessly.

People notice but it's no big deal. Quit complaining and do what works.
>>
File: image.jpg (189KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
189KB, 960x720px
wtf is this then, i'm wondering now. Not OP but I remember always being told that I held a pen wrong.
>>
>>18627829
OP here
lateral tripod bro i was just being retarded who gives a fuck how you hold a pen if it works it works
>>
>>18626280
>>18625483
that makes 3 of us,
we should start a board here..
>>
>>18624426
Hold it the right way now.
>>
>>18624426
I've always used the lateral quadrupod style. 8 years of nuns teaching me how to write and never got told it was wrong.
>>
>all these plebs not using the dynamic quadrupod style
/adv/ needs a cleansing
>>
Same as you OP.

My teachers hated me, I always write in chicken scratch, I still write the same way, I'm just glad everything is on computer now and I can type really fast.

I'm right handed though, but Teachers would always ask me to switch to my left hand for some reason.
>>
>>18627829
That's literally how I hold a pencil. I can't tell you how hard my teachers tried to make me not write like that. They eventually gave up
>>
>>18628550
Doesn't matter how you hold a pencil now because we don't write cursive any more.

The way you hold the pen is important for that style of writing
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.