[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Plagiarism

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: fSSh7df.png (80KB, 500x421px) Image search: [Google]
fSSh7df.png
80KB, 500x421px
Anybody here plagiarized a paper and got away with it?

Currently stuck on a research paper that was crammed. Quality is shit. Desperate for solutions.

How'd you do it? Were there any suspicions?
>>
Go through nd change every 4th or 5th word with a synonym
>>
I plagiarized a few papers freshman year of college. These were classes that I did not give a fuck about and we're those gay liberal arts classes for history and English.

I a decent writer and bullshiter, I just took paragraphs from various essays on the internet and restructured them to how I talk.

If your plagiarizing classes that are the essence of your major however, you have some severe problems.
>>
It's LAUGHABLY easy for professors to tell you plagiarized. Especially if you're turning your papers in online. If that's the case, you may as well give up and take the F because that shit will get you kicked out of your class. You have a slim chance if it's on-paper only, but your professor pretty much reads everything that they can find on their topic of expertise, which is part of their job of course.
>>
>>18623749
>I a decent writer and bullshiter, I just took paragraphs from various essays on the internet and restructured them to how I talk.
Surely that's a lot more work than just, you know, writing the paper?
>>
>>18623753
It was about some books I couldn't be assed to read or bother to buy or checkout.
>>
It's not worth the trouble you could get into for plagiarizing something.

Your professors aren't stupid.
>>
How big is the class?
>>
judicious use of quotes and proper references should tide you over.

otherwise, cut and paste a bunch of relevant materials from elsewhere, print it out, so you can't actually copy it verbatim too easily, and summarise the shit in your own words.
>job done
>>
>>18623769
I might not be able to graduate on time if I don't pass this class. It's a prerequisite to more of my majors.
>>
>>18623785
I meant size wise.

So it is something that is major relevant? Like if your a history major it like a low level antiquities course?
>>
>>18623790
15 of us in class. Major.
>>
>>18623745
Is the risk worth the reward?
>>
>>18623801
Oh then don't plagiarize. You'll get caught and also since you need it for your degree don't weaken your own education.
>>
>>18623749
>>18623806
A lot of risk. Not worth the reward at all. I'm minimizing the risk though. I think I'll just paraphrase some ideas with my writing style. I'll just cite the sources if I'm sure the ideas are popular enough for the professor to know that they're not mine.

Whatever man, these decisions will probably hurt me, but they probably won't either. Still taking the risk.
>>
Use SpinBot
>>
Just ask for an extension, be honest with your professor. They're more understanding than you think. If not just hand in a piece of shit in your own words. Nothing is worth getting caught cheating
>>
>has to plagiarize

Wow, all i did in college is just bullishit my paper and ended up with B on all my essays. It only takes a day to finish and BS a paper and get away with it. I suggest you try it someday.
>>
>>18623745
Worst case scenario if you don't plagairize: you get an F on the paper

Worst case scenario if you do: You get thrown out of school
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.