[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I do impressions? Are there some vocal warm ups I need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: sabe2.png (90KB, 284x220px) Image search: [Google]
sabe2.png
90KB, 284x220px
How do I do impressions?

Are there some vocal warm ups I need to practice, or something?

I have a very limited range when I try, it ranges from
>Demon
>my voice but deeper
>my voice
>my voice but with a lot of air
> high pitched my voice
>>
>>18623396
When practicing, do you ever record your voice so that you can hear it played back, or use a microphone setup? This serves two purposes:
1. You can listen to the recordings to pick out areas you need to practice more.
2. Your voice, heard by yourself as you speak, will sound different to you than it will sound on a recording. The voice sample on the recording is actually much closer to what other people hear when you speak. The reason your voice sounds different to you on a recording is that the internal mechanical parts of your ears which interpret outside sound waves will be vibrated additionally by the resonance from the speaking parts in your throat, which will affect the way you perceive your own voice. So, if you want to get a feel for how your voice really sounds, it will be useful to record your practice or to use a microphone setup so you can hear your voice from an external source.
>>
>>18623396
Impressions are more than just matching vocal range, most of it is in the mannerisms.
If I had Donald Trump's vocal chords but talked like I always do, it wouldn't sound like him at all - but if I could imitate his speech patterns, vocal ticks and pacing perfectly, it wouldn't matter if I was a girl, people will immediately get it.
Try doing impressions without changing your pitch, it'll be a good exercise.
>>
>>18623396
You need a strong musical sense and the ability to hear and duplicate the "music" of a person's speech patterns. Very few can do that, which is why very few can do impressions
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.