[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abandoned by Friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (96KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
96KB, 800x600px
>Best friend abandoned me for a girl who has a boyfriend
>Friend pays for the girl's rent, dinners, tickets, and more
>Boyfriend knows and encourages
>Thinks if he gets enough face time, the girl will see how much better he is than said boyfriend
>Falls off the face of the earth, always busy, and when we do spend time together it's superficial (and lasts until he gets a text from her)

This has been a reoccurring theme for over a decade where if a girl shows him any attention, he's nowhere to be found. When he's single with no prospects, he blows up my phone with paragraphs of paragraphs of texts at least twice a day. Lately he's also been acting somewhat strange, which has pushed me to ask:

Should I drop this friend (when this inevitably crashes and burns)? Or is common behavior from guys who get "girlfriends"?
>>
File: crazy girls.jpg (144KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
crazy girls.jpg
144KB, 800x800px
>>18623004
You cant marry, fuck or make family with friends. Just lay low profile until he gets in touch with you again.

And now the real question: why dont you have your own partner to keep yourself busy and less dependent on your friend as source of attention as social interaction?
>>
>>18623325
What about bros before hoes?

When he's depressed and lonely he wants to talk every day, then as soon as a woman validates him I'm no longer interesting. I always gave him my time, emotional support, and trust.

This makes me not want to make time for him either out of spite and downgrade him as an acquaintance. Then when this girl takes "his" social circle away when shit goes down, he will then lost his only real friend as well. He clearly has no problem abandoning me.

Not sure whether that is reasonable/healthy or not.

To answer your question: I'm asocial. It's the principle of it. I hate being the third wheel, the second choice, the backup support, and being used.
>>
>>18623004
Become his gf
>>
>>18623418
>What about bros before hoes?

Other way around.
>>
>>18623418
You claim you are asocial, but then you have friend you obviously care about more than anything. Live and let live. Wish him happy life (aka not needing you), but be there for him if he ever needs you.

I admit he sounds like shitty friend, but you probably dont have any other friend anyway. And now go and find your own gf so you are equal to him. Good luck in dating game.
>>
>>18623004
This happened to me too, I'm a guy and my best and only friend at school started going to girls all the time like a beta orbiter.

It really hurt me as I thought he knew what was important, it's not that he had a girl but it's about him trying to get all of them instead of just asking one out or something..

He'd put me second place and I had no friends at school.

I just never talked to him again and I don't regret anything, he didn't care either so why should I?

I just wish I wouldn't have gone to his school just to have a friend, the school was the worst and I was only there because he was, and I was scared of being alone.

Don't take it though, if he doesn't respect you it's his loss. Say it's rude and leave him alone, if he apologizes it's your choice, if he doesn't then let it be.

Don't be as stupid as him and take everything mean just because you want to be friends with him, he already does that just to get face time with a girl.
>>
>>18623325
He DOESN'T have a partner, that's the point. If he had one he wouldn't have these phases where he is available again.

If you want to be friends with someone just tell them how much time you have, and if you spend time with them don't look at your phone all the time just because of girls, it's just not respectful and makes you look desperate.

I'd rather have no partner than be desperate like that.

If you have friends treat them like they deserve it, even if you just hang out a couple hours a week, don't treat them like backup saves if the date you wanted to go on didn't work out.

It's not like he should marry or make a family with a girl who has a boyfriend anyways, is it?
>>
>>18624356
>>18624367
>He DOESN'T have a partner, that's the point. If he had one he wouldn't have these phases where he is available again.
Thank you, anon. You understand me.

My best friend had a steady girlfriend before and I was happy for him. He also made time for me, we chatted or hung out at least once a week. Then she broke up with him.

That's when he would want hours of my time every single day. Which I enjoyed, but it was also exhausting. Half the time he would whine and cry about girls not texting back, then make misogynistic comments when they did respond and thought he had them in the bag. Now he found a cute girl who is ready to exploit his neediness. He has spent thousands of dollars for her time. While throughout our friendship, I never once put any emotional burden on him or tried to borrow a cent.

I realize my anger stems from not setting boundaries in the past and making him a priority in my life. We have a long history, shared experiences, and I'm loyal to a fault.

>I just wish I wouldn't have gone to his school just to have a friend, the school was the worst and I was only there because he was, and I was scared of being alone.
I totally see myself doing what you did, anon, attending the same school because of him. I did think we would be friendz4eva. And I relate with your story, I think I'm also scared of being truly isolated and no one having my back in need. But I guess can't trust an orbiter.
>>
>>18624792
I'm glad you also understand me!

You see, for me it worked out, I found someone and I'm sure you can too. It's kind of biased advice because it doesn't work for anybody, you could just be unlucky and not find a partner or a good friend.. But I guess you have to take this risk in order to be proud of yourself.

If you put a lot of work into it it will be worth it even more, it feels good to have friends you really like. I've seen so many teenager relationships fail and if you really know what you want and what is important to you you can do better than that.

I never actually told my former best friend that I was mad at him though, I was young and I should have, so you could do better than me.

Tell him what annoys you, you have a right to, if he doesn't care about that then he can't expect you to care about the girls he tries to get.

I'd also like to know how it plays out! For some reason you've made me interested in your situation.
>>
>>18624792
It's also obvious that they could just want his money, you probably implied that in your first post.

I guess you know why it is wrong to spend money on a girl like that, even if she didn't have a boyfriend.
>>
>>18623325

Friends can be family.
>>
>>18623591

How pathetic.
>>
Drop him. Seems he only uses you as an emotional cumdumpster when he's sad.

I used to be the emotional cumdumpster of so many people, hoping they'll want me more than the times they feel sad or bad. I realized that it's not going to happen so I dropped over... 6 people and stayed with real friends exclusively. Those who will be by my side whenever they are happy, and not just sad.
I'm no longer a third wheel or a second choice, and I fucking love it. I used to have an extreme inferiority complex regarding this.
>>
>>18624842
>If you put a lot of work into it it will be worth it even more, it feels good to have friends you really like. I've seen so many teenager relationships fail and if you really know what you want and what is important to you you can do better than that.
Ruminating over this pushed me to self-improve and attempt to take on habits that will ensure I'll meet someone who's more aligned with me, as well as shed quirks and behavior I picked up from my friend. I can't rely on one person to be my only social contact. If I had three other friends, I know I wouldn't care as much.

Probably won't tell my friend I'm mad at him either. Don't want to burn a bridge, as he might be useful to me at some point. Clearly he was using me like >>18624895 anon said, so I'll do the same. We'll do stuff if I happen to have nothing better going on, but I'm not breaking any plans or entertaining his girl troubles anymore. Hell, I might encourage his "nice guy" behavior on purpose.

>>18624895
>I used to be the emotional cumdumpster of so many people, hoping they'll want me more than the times they feel sad or bad.
Did you meet these friends while they were feeling blue? I'm starting to think one can easily befriend lonely people, but as soon as they feel better they will bail. Or will try to be your friend for life (like in my case). But no in-between.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.