[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adderall: First Hand Experience

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: SHR00340.jpg (12KB, 288x216px) Image search: [Google]
SHR00340.jpg
12KB, 288x216px
Anybody have any experience with medicinal Adderall? I've been on multiple anti-psychotics, SSRIs, and other prescription drugs for my issues, but none seemed to help. Finally, a doctor prescribed me Adderall seeing that my symptoms more fall in with ADHD than any other. It seems to be working, but it may be in my head. Even if this drug is helping me is it worth using with the short and long term side effects? Is there anything I should be careful of? I'm on the immediate release so are there are personal experiences you guys have with what times to take them before eating etc.? Also, sometimes generic versions of medications sometimes don't work as well on me, but my doctor is hesitant to require brand name Adderall is there a reason for that?
>>
>>18622356
I just started Adderall again and it isn't as effective as it used to be years ago and I have to wait three more weeks to talk to him fuck.

I strongly recommend eating something light before taking it because it curbs your appetite and you're going to not want to eat at all. Also I take weekends off from Adderall when I'm just relaxing. There's no need for it and it'll help with tolerance.
>>
I've been on extended release for about 7 years now. And also I'm on a generic version.
I frankly believe this drug saved my life, made me able to pass school and therefore cleared up my depression (since the cause of it was the thought that I was worthless to society and would never get a decent paying job since I could never pay attention long enough to get through lectures in school).

I will say though, after 7 years I am a tad concerned about being addicted to it/now it's just a crutch. Like before I was on the drug, I had an attention span of like, 5 minutes. With the drug, I have a normal attention span. But after being on it for many years, if I miss a day, I can only focus on something for 30 seconds. I feel like a zombie with no direction when I'm off my meds. (I hope this is only temporary though, as I'm planning to wean off it in a few years once I finish college.)

Otherwise though, I haven't noticed anything else in terms of side effects. My sex drive is shit, which I do know some people on adderall say happens, but I'm also on birth control and other meds that can lower my sex drive so I cannot pin point that as being the exact cause. I also occasionally get the heart racing problem, and it's mildly annoying sometimes makes me feel sick, but nothing that doesn't pass within an hour.

My advice is to just be very vocal with your doctor while you're starting. Tell them everything you're feeling, you may need a different dose or even a different type of drug. (like ridalin or concerta or whatever)
>>
>>18622356
>>18622395
Oh and also if this applies to you at all, with adderall in specific be careful about traveling out of country with it, make sure you look up the laws.
The US and Canada are the only 2 countries to legally prescribe it. It's illegal in every other country. A lot don't care if you have a small personal amount as a tourist so long as you have a copy of the script (I've been to the UK, France, Germany, and Jamaica now with no issue) but others such as Japan will arrest you on the spot for even a single pill, regardless of your circumstances.
Just play it safe when traveling if you think you'd ever be a traveler.

Part of the reason I'm going off it is because I want to work in Japan lol.
>>
File: DrugItem_18951.jpg (36KB, 600x419px) Image search: [Google]
DrugItem_18951.jpg
36KB, 600x419px
just the thread i was looking for
I'm on IR generic (pic related) 20mg but these ones i just got from the pharmacy seem weak and everything else i read online says they are junk. anyone else have experience with this generic?
>>
>>18622496
Yeah I'm pretty sure I got those at a former pharmacy and they were basically bunk.

I don't know if I'm going to suggest trying a different stimulant or not. Just not getting the same results anymore.
>>
>>18622514
the first time i took one i thought something was wrong with them, pretty much no effect but what am i supposed to do? i guess just wait until next month and get it from a different manufacturer?
>>
You'll cease to gain much benefit after a couple years. It's great at first, but the tolerance will eat you alive and eventually you'll need to be taking just to focus at all.

Ignore the methheads + bingers and dose low, not high. Drink a lot of water and eat healthy proteins more often. A melatonin will help you sleep in the evening and potentially protect against amphetamine neurotoxicity. Even if not, sleeping every night on the button is very important when you're on amphetamines... if you disregulate your sleep schedule it's only a matter of time before you start taking all nighters.

Long-term, you should look to taper off. The problem is that it's awkward to fit into lifestyle schedules (you will piss positive for meth on drug tests because amphetamine is a metabolite of methamphetamine in the human body), it's hard on the body (brain, kidneys, heart), and it's hard (but not impossible) to avoid complete addiction with extended use and a lot of T-breaks.

t. used and quit
>>
>>18622533
You could call them and just explain that they're not working and ask for a different script if you don't feel you can wait another month.
>>
>>18622558
i don't want to get put on a list though, i only have about a week left anyway so i might as well just call for a refill
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.