[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't relate to others emotionally

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1501803318525.jpg (53KB, 700x630px) Image search: [Google]
1501803318525.jpg
53KB, 700x630px
I've never been emotional which generally isn't a problem to me but a lot of my peers come to me for advice (probably because I look/act old), and trust me with personal stuff.
The issue is when the problem they bring me is more on the emotional side, they trust me to help but sometimes I just can't relate to what they're feeling because I've never felt it but I still want to help

I can't remember the last time I felt sad, even when family I loved died I was the only one at the funeral not crying, and I've never known what it's like to love someone in the bf/gf kind of way.
Usually when someone comes to me with this kind of issue trying to get them talking about something else is the extent of what I can do. /adv/, how can get myself to feel these emotions I'm missing? Or at least better relate to them so I can help my friends when they depend on me?
>>
>>18622338
Aspergers or B8. Hard to tell. Need more info.
>>
>>18622338
Its hard to really relate to how someone is feeling at any given time, and its not even sensible. Being empathetic just involves understanding, and even if you cant feel their emotions directly man, Its not an issue. You arent missing emotions, you just haven't experienced them.

[spoiler]You were sad when Mitty died weren't you?[/spoiler]
>>
>>18622488
>You aren't missing emotions, you just haven't experienced them.
I'm in situations where I know I should feel a certain way but end up feeling nothing.
>you were sad when Mitty died weren't you?
Again, not really sad, more surprised if anything
>>18622486
fuck off to neogaf namefag
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.