[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do males have to do all the asking?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: JUSTDO.jpg (78KB, 456x320px) Image search: [Google]
JUSTDO.jpg
78KB, 456x320px
I never understood why males have to do all the asking when it comes to asking out women. It is completely possible as a male to go through your life without being asked out by a woman. Its not possible as a woman.

As a woman, you are bound to get asked out at some point by someone. As a male, it MAY happen but for most men, you won't be asked out by a woman.

I see women in online dating say shit in their profile like "I don't make the first move. Sorry i am shy!"

If a dude said that in his profile, he would be exiled and considered a pussy or worthless.

As a male, I hate "chasing" after women. Its one of the most aids interactions I can think of between men and women.

Women, why don't you ask out men? Do you honestly believe dudes LIKE asking you out? Most dudes do it because there is no other option. This in turn breeds things like "carpet bombers" or basically, dudes who just ask out tons and tons of women hoping one will say yes.

Do you honestly just want to be another girl in the meat grinder?
>>
>>18622174
it's just a cultural expectation formed by the stereotypes upheld by the construct of gender roles. i've asked out plenty of men. also, who do you think would think of a guy as a worthless pussy if he admitted to being shy? not any of the women i know, but a large number of the men i know. i also think a lot of women believe it makes them less desirable to be forward with men because of the whole "be attractive, but JUST attractive enough or else you're a slut" thing.
>>
What if instead of being a carpet bombing creep you find a girl you like and win her over?
>>
This is a cultural expectation that comes with other cultural expectations. Women are not supposed to be "too eager" about men or sex because that makes her easy/ultimately uninteresting or slutty. Men being really eager about sex/women is seen as masculine and virile. You might want to argue that it's 2017, but just like "slut" is still the #1 thing to call a woman to demean her, centuries of expectations do not just go away without leaving a trace.

The result is that girls are encouraged to shrug off guys whenever they can, and guys are encouraged to go after girls whenever they can. Girls are supposed to be picky, and pretty enough to be able to lean back and get a guy. Even if they are not attractive enough to pull this off, it's often a learning process to reach the conclusion that they have to be more pro-active to make anything happen. And yes, some men do dislike being approached by women, it throws them off, they want to be the one calling the shots and getting the girl. But that's more of an afterthought than the main reason. Women are rewarded at every turn for disregarding or rejecting men - by other women because it shows that they "have self respect" and think they deserve the beste, by other men who want to be good enough for a woman with high standards and not date a slut. By their parents who are more comfortable with their son having a sex life than their daughter.
This influences everything. Not just women not asking men out but also not complimenting them, starfishing, etc etc. Women are supposed to be passive, men active.
>>
Gender roles.

But the whole "a man will never have a woman ask anything in their whole lives" shit only applies if you've never had a real adult relationship in your whole life.

I'll grant it's likely that throughout the courting phase you may always be the one asking (though I still don't think there's that many girls who NEVER make a move EVER during the courting phase) but once you start dating formally, it really does become more give and take. Or at least it should, if it's not she's just plain not that interested in you. If she really liked you and was happy in your relationship she'd be pulling her weight as well.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.