[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Due to the mere mention of ANYTHING political, this post is unallowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: beta-uprising.jpg (109KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
beta-uprising.jpg
109KB, 1200x800px
Due to the mere mention of ANYTHING political, this post is unallowed in /k/. But please try to keep the /pol/ shit to a minimum, if you can:

I'm a white male liberal living in a liberal town (Portland). I'm usually for gun control (or at least better gun regulations) and what have you. But recent events in Charlottesville, and other similar events throughout the 2010s, is starting to make me consider carrying a fire-arm on me.

Because the world, or at least America, is certainly becoming a less safe place for now. And I've definitely had encounters thus far into 2017 that made me wish a weapon was within my reach. In addition, I'm not only considering fire-arms for protection, but also have one in the hopes of deterring potential ugly encounters from even starting (if that's possible).

So what's a good weapon of choice for someone with virtually no gun knowledge? .45 sidearms have a nice ring in my ear. But I guess I should also come out and say there's a history of mental illness in my family. I've had MDD and PTSD (nothing related to guns) since I was a kid, and made suicide attempts before (but the last recorded instance was 2006). I've been in behavioural therapy since 2005. And I've never been committed or arrested for any reason whatsoever.
>>
>>18621745
>Due to the mere mention of ANYTHING political, this post is unallowed in /k/.

Why can't you just drop the bit about your exact reasons for feeling unsafe?
>>
You dont wave your gun around unless you are about to shoot somebody you liberal mong. Just stay on your meds and get the fuck away from guns.
>>
>>18621745
I live in Portland. I'm also in the military
>>
>>18621769
This. What does it matter if your a commie, all you had to ask was something like "ive felt less safe in the past years, considering becoming a gun owner. whats a top of the line gun for open carry?" Why do you think your crybaby muh depression story even factors in to this?
>>
File: wait_what.gif (495KB, 500x358px) Image search: [Google]
wait_what.gif
495KB, 500x358px
>>18621773
>republicans
you are all seriously stupid lol
>>
>>18621793
>I'm a white male liberal

If you read the post you could see he is mentally unstable to own/carry a weapon.
>>
>>18621745
it's becoming less safe because of braindead racists. lol
>>
>>18621745
>recent events in Charlottesville, and other similar events throughout the 2010s, is starting to make me consider carrying a fire-arm on me
>I'm not only considering fire-arms for protection, but also have one in the hopes of deterring potential ugly encounters from even starting
>I've had MDD and PTSD (nothing related to guns) since I was a kid, and made suicide attempts before (but the last recorded instance was 2006)
In all seriousness, I do not think you should own a gun. One way or another you're gonna do something bad with it
>>
>>18621808
I would say the political climate right now is becoming more-and-more extreme and confrontational. Even here in Portland, I've witnessed similar behaviours and acts of violence from other liberal-identified activists; some of which I've had to cut contact and distance myself from because they were growing increasingly hostile and abusive to those whom they even slight disagreements with; sometimes contradicting original principles they had against stooping to such levels. Though I would say the more racist and bigoted individuals you see making the news now have more a proclivity towards violence and destruction. Personally reminds me of the events that led up to Il Marcia su Roma.
>>
>>18621832
omg who cares. people actually take this stuff seriously?
>>
>>18621837
Ask me how I know you're a woman
>>
>>18621837
Because I have to put up with people like this on a regular basis.
>>
>>18621837
You really think you won't be affected by this? This shit is not normal, we're headed in a very dangerous direction.
>>
>>18621846
im a man. im just not a tribalistic moron.

gb2 /pol/ retard
>>18621858
Good. The more dead people the better. Humans are shit
>>
>>18621869
you're clearly an effeminate depressed faggot, an hero please
>>
>>18621871
nice deep self projection
>>
>>18621881
Tu quoque.
>>
File: cage_laughing.webm (3MB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
cage_laughing.webm
3MB, 1280x544px
>>18621884
ad hominem
>>
>>18621890
that's not an ad hominem (it has to be a direct reference to you personally to qualify), it's an argumentum ad logicam.
>>
>>18621902
>damage control
>>
>>18621745
>>>/k/

This time with zero mention of political shenanigans.
>>
>>18621795
Because he's a liberal, and thus physically unable to construct an argument or ask a question without extolling how much he feels like a victim.
>>
>>18621745
My man, I'd say relax.

Have faith in your fellow Americans. All this political extremism comes from a lack of that, not an overabundance.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.