[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If anyone has questions about disability etiquette I'll answer.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: normal power chair.jpg (206KB, 500x800px) Image search: [Google]
normal power chair.jpg
206KB, 500x800px
This isn't exactly an AMA, but I have seen people ask questions about how to be polite to (physically) disabled people and I'm a wheelchair user who has a moment. I'm not everyone but I think my views are pretty standard.
>>
No one cares that you're disabled.
>>
>>18620914
Me and my mother saw some midget drive around in a wheelchair and she said that one should be grateful for what one have because some people have it way worse.

How rude is this? Do you ever hear people say stuff like this while thinking that you're out of earshot?
>>
>>18621014
You don't need to be disabled to know that's rude to imply disabled people have shit lives, even if they kinda do.
>>
What's not to get? As far as I know, disabled people hate when you pity them, or give them special privileges when you're doing something that has no impact on their disability. It makes sense, because otherwise you're either bringing up the fact they're disabled or they feel devaluated.
>>
>>18621014
>Do you ever hear people say stuff like this while thinking that you're out of earshot?
More like to my face. "I was feeling really terrible about my day/life/etc and then I saw you and thought, 'I have nothing to worry about!'" Often happens when I'm just out on a perfectly normal day, going to see someone or getting a gallon of milk or something.

I understand what they mean and I can tell from their tone they mean to be admiring or something, but it's not good to say to people (you can think whatever you want, of course). Firstly, it's awkward to feel like everyone thinks your life is miserable and they'd hate to be you, and secondly, it's often not true. It can be hard to have a disability, but not always as much as one might think.
>>
>>18621029
Yeah, it's not complicated, but one sees some...strange behavior out and about that shows that people are well-meaning but either very anxious or lacking in common sense.
>>
>>18621041
Give us some stories anon
>>
What do you think of leg jokes?
>>
>>18621073
I imagine she'd be fine with them as lomg as they stand on their own merits!
>>
Is it rude of me to ask for a lift if we're going the same direction?
>>
>>18621104
>>18621081
lmfao
>>
File: 1482446852138.jpg (95KB, 653x490px) Image search: [Google]
1482446852138.jpg
95KB, 653x490px
>you will never have a cute disable gf to protect and take care of
>>
I know that sex is possible, but isn't mostly a chore if one happens to have no sensations from the wasit down?
>>
File: 1423016911577.png (698KB, 608x715px) Image search: [Google]
1423016911577.png
698KB, 608x715px
>>18621126
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.