[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need help finding a decent home based job..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: hqdefault.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
Hello fellow anons. I was wondering if whether /adv/ could recommend me some methods to find a home based occupation with a relatively adequate salary. As in where in the web would one look for anything of the sorts?

As a side note, I'm two years away from getting my bachelor's degree in international law at my local national uni, So therefore till then jobwise i can't really get anything half way reasonable locally. Hence my specification in regards to the home based aspect.
Concerning my skills: I'm very fluent in English and Russian (apart from my native tongue), both in regards to speaking and writing. I'm pretty weak in the IT aspect, although I'm proficient enough to use all the basic office tools (e.g. word,exel).
>>
>>18620691
>bachelor's degree in international law
That's a bit specific for an undergraduate degree.
>>
>>18620696
Well the point is i don't have a degree of any kind yet. So therefore having a shot at a local well paying job isn't really plausible for me.
>>
>>18620714
So get a part time job just like every other student
>>
>>18620719
I could, but salaries for part time jobs in my country are miserable.
>>
>>18620731
Are you expecting to get a post-graduation salary before you have any qualifications?
>>
I don't know this for a fact, but

Grant writing, or some over form of technical writing.

I'm assuming you have decent writing skills being bilingual, and coming from a law background and being bilingual. Worth looking into, a fair number of those jobs might allow you to telecommute.

Also at the uni level look into research work, a lot of that won't require spending much time in an office.
>>
>>18620741
Not really, just hoping to find something that could make usage of my knowledge in foreign languages perhaps, that won't require me to slave wage. What I'd like to emphasize on is the fact that my nation's salaries are very low when compared to the international average (because of our weak economy), hence getting a vacancy that isn't influenced by my country's petty financial state, which is considered to be fairly standard salarywise in first world countries isn't to surreal now is it?
>>
>>18620745
Thanks for the reply, but what i would like to know is if whether anyone would be willing to let me on the where to browse for such jobs on the international scale aspect.
>>
>>18620746
too*
>>
>>18620753
Same poster,
I can't speak for foreign countries, but in the California UC system there's a department that just deals with career advising and internships that keeps a database of openings ( here it's called ICC). Look for the equivalent where your at if your school has a similar department. Second place I would look is ask some of yours professors how they recruit interns for research work and what not.

You mentioned working from home so I didn't mention it, but if your strongly bilingual teaching English abroad is a decent gig that only requires a Bachelors, depending on where you go you can make a nice wage when you return to your home country and live well/have some adventure. If your in IL might not be a bad option and hep with later resumes.
>>
>>18620767
All fine ideas but I was thinking more in the lines of getting a job before graduating and not having to work abroad.
>>
>>18620785
Hence an internship that won't payoff immediately, and something that forces me to travel abroad or requires a degree isn't really an option.
>>
sorry misinterpreted the timing,

that's really hard dude, most peeps are gonna tell you you just have to suck it up, and work outside the house.

with no degree, no startup capital, minimal IT skills, you can't reasonably expect to work from home.

Alot of internships are also student jobs, and will pay you.
>>
>>18620814
Well aren't there translator vacancies and the like in certain international companies that don't require a degree and would allow you to telecommute? I mean don't get me wrong I'm not hurting for money or anything (have 100k+ on my bank account as well as 3 apartments to my name 2 of which i rent+have a scholarship that covers my educational expenses).

So I'm not a poorfag by any means just wanted to generate some extra cash since i seem to have more free time on my hands than i should.
>>
I think you just answered your own question,

also, it sounds like your set,
seriously just do school faster and better, and enjoy your freedom.
>>
>>18620834
Well frankly the point of the whole thread was to find someone to spoon feed me some organizations that would potentially have a need of a English/Russian translator who would be allowed to telecommute. But anyways thanks for the feedback anon.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.