[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crushing sadnes.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0864.jpg (218KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0864.jpg
218KB, 1280x720px
My girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me.

I have had other girlfriends come and go but nothing like this girl.

I just got so comfortable with her I stopped trying, worked too much, etc. She broke up with me saying she just doesn't love me anymore.

I am absolutely devastated. She was the best thing that ever happened to me. I am a shitty car salesman, and she's going to be a lawyer.

I am 27 years old. I am certainly too old to find another girl that loves me like she did, and certainly having kids is out of the question now.

I don't even feel sad, really. I just feel so terribly numb. I feel like my life has ended.

I know it was my fault we broke up. I never wanted to go anywhere, only wanted to work. She always wanted to travel and do things but I always had to work.

I'm wondering if I should just go about killing myself, as there is literally no way life can improve from what it was.

Any time I saw a link or whatever, I'd tag her in it. I'd talk to her constantly throughout the day.

I've got from girlfriend to girlfriend for the last 10 years. I've never been single since then.

What the fuck do people do without girlfriends, I literally just sit there staring into space.

I'm upset because I won't ever be able to buy a house now (single income) and I'll have no one to share my life experiences with.

So many people in my line of work are old single guys, who are alone because of exactly what I did. If this is my future I'm just going to curl up and die.

How does one feel better from this?
>>
>>18620079
I'll tell you what you could do OP.

You're going to cry about it for a while, and the pain will start to numb. The memory of her will be like a scab that you'll pick at and pick at, until you realize it needs time to heal.

The world is still yours. Just because you don't have a girlfriend doesn't mean that you're nothing.

Get some goals, hobbies, make yourself laugh, learn some new things, push yourself to get a different line of pay, preferably something that doesn't make you feel like a zombie awaiting your inevitable demise.

Life is precious dude. Don't waste it trying to change what's already past, you could give yourself a better future. You're not dead.

These words may not even be enough to move you, you're the one that's going to have crawl out of this funk on your own. You just gotta want it bad enough, do you really want to LIVE or are you content with just EXISTING in the shadow of someone you once knew?
>>
>>18620079
suicide? no theres plenty if dating sites for oldish people, stop being so dramatic its a breakup
>>
>>18620079
>What the fuck do people do without girlfriends, I literally just sit there staring into space.
cry, masturbate, play video games and disappoint my parents.
>>
>>18620099

Thank you for the kind words.

How the fuck do I even begin finding a hobby? Something to do?

I think you're right in the sense that I've never not had a girlfriend since I was 17. I just don't know how to be alone.

I have been trying to do so many things to find a hobby/take my mind off of her. I can't seem to find anything I like though.

I also can't stop thinking about her dating another dude. Is that normal?
>>
>>18620130
>DO WHATEVER THE FUCK YOU WANT WITHOUT HAVING TO SCHEDULE SHIT AND INDULGE IN HOBBIES AND PLEASURES BY YOURSELF.

FEELS. GOOD. MAN.
>>
>>18620130

I've already jerked off at least 12x since yesterday. It doesn't seem to work like it used to.
>>
>>18620164
LEARN TO ENJOY YOUR OWN COMPANY FIRST. LEARN TO LET GO OF HER, UNDERSTAND THAT YOU NEVER POSSESSED HER TO BEGIN WITH
TRY NEW THINGS FOR THE SAKE OF IT, HEALTHY THINGS OF COURSE, ANYTHING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING HERE
BE PRODUCTIVE AND KEEP YOUR FUTURE SELF IN MIND
DON'T LET THE PAIN DESTROY YOU, LET IT BUILD YOU
>>
>>18620079
>How does one feel better from this?
I went through a pretty rough heartbreak not too long ago. I still miss her but the feelings aren't so strong anymore. I feel that I spent too long grieving but what really helped me to feel normal again was to reach out to people and nurture relationships I had been neglecting like those with my siblings and friends. It helped me to realize there are other people in my life that love me and though I may lose some, I'll always have someone in my corner.

I would also recommend getting out and doing activities that give you a sense of progression and put you in contact with other people. Working out, team sports, working on projects or even gaming with a group will keep you from being too isolated and open up avenues to meet new people. Eventually you'll run into a girl you like and hopefully realize your girlfriend wasn't your last shot at love.

Don't rush it though. It's going to hurt for a bit. You'll go through a lot of emotions and it feels like the pain will never go away but it does fade with time. Try to be thankful for the experience you had with your relationship and don't look at it as a failure. One of the sad realities of life is that nothing is permanent. Hang on to everything with a loose grip.
>>
>>18620079
You've spend so much time making others your "world/life" that you forgot about your own life. Make your own life, become your own person, and the next time you meet a special girl, make her apart of your life, don't make you your life. Time heals all wounds. Emotional and physical. Trust in God. When you're ready, the woman who was meant for you will come into your life. And you'll be so happy again you'll wonder why you ever worried in the first place :)
>>
>>18620079
Christ man you're 27 ?? You sound like you're about to hit balls saggin age. 27 is fucking young.
>>
>>18620195
>>18620194
>>18620190

Thank you guys.

I think you're right, I don't really know what to do when I'm on my own. I literally only work and play vidya.

I'm actually realizing since I've made this thread that I don't... really do anything. I just work. I used to be the man in university and I guess the wheels fell off somewhere.

Very eye opening.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.