[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Facebook necessary?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1495994027521.jpg (43KB, 720x678px) Image search: [Google]
1495994027521.jpg
43KB, 720x678px
I'm 25 years old and I've rejected facebook ever since I was in high school, making a profile because a few of my friends insited, but never really using it. I just never felt the need to publish updates on my day-to-day life, and I don't really like pictures of myself. I also never found other people's posts that compelling, and I figured if something significant happened to my friends they'd tell me about it. So my profile has been sitting there, basically inactive for 8 years, and I've considered just deleting it many times.

However, now that I've gotten older I find myself short on friends, and I've realized that a lot of my coworkers seem to socialize and keep in touch on facebook. Is it an inevitibility now? Do I have to bite the bullet and start using it? I find the website as a whole extremely innane, and I dislike social media in general, but it seems like the only way to maintain friends these days.
>>
You can use it as little or as much as you like, there's nothing that says how often you have to post. And yes, it is a very handy tool for keeping in touch with people and given how ubiquitous it is, it will definitely be a lot easier to keep in touch with people if you have it.
>>
>>18619592
i'm 24 and don't use it at all. it isn't necessary to maintain friends, especially not among adults who all have phones. the only pressure i've received to use it is from older extended family.
>>
>>18619592
Not really in actively using it, but you should probably have an account with some pictures and info and add all of the people you know.
>>
I am 25, i kinda think i am more interesting to Woman because i have no facebook account and they can't stalk all the information about me online.

Don't use Facebook
>>
>>18619592
I never really used facebook, but I had one until I was about 23. I had a breakup that was horrific and I didn't want all the rubberneckers coming out of the woodwork to ask for gossip so I deleted it. I haven't had a facebook or any social media for 5 years.

I will say that I am indeed short on friends, but that's because I moved. Before that I had no issue maintaining my friend group.

Even now, although I don't see my old friends as much I have friends in my new city who I am in contact with regularly. If anything relevant is happening they just tell me at work or over text.

Things might be easier if I was on facebook, but I too hate the platform and I don't think it's needed.
>>
>>18619592
I have never made a social networking account of any sort and never will. I find if someone actually wants to talk to me or hang out they will call or text. If someone wants to be your facebook friend but has no desire to ever hang out or do things they aren't your friend.
>>
>>18619710
I'm starting to lean towards this, I'm rather douchey on social media so it wouldnt be hard for a lurking chick to get the wrong impression. Plus I'm getting real tired of the highlight reel ppl live through their facebook.
>>
>>18620059
Same here.
Never made any some account and probably, I got nothing to show there anyways and what you said I agree with.
I value face-to-face talking the most, texting next since its just between persons (unless group chat ofc)
>>
>>18619667
>No, but absolutely yes
Helpful
>>
>>18619592

I use it very little since I don't want to make public details of my life. It is only useful for me to keep in touch with friends that moved abroad, otherwise I would have lost any connection with them.

For the daily life I use groups in Whatsapp and Telegram.
>>
>>18619596
This. I quit using facebook by unfollowing all pages and people, not posting, and only using it as a messenger interface. It's a good way to keep in touch with my grandma.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.