[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are all history classes in American Colleges SJW propaganda?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 8

File: western.jpg (13KB, 194x259px) Image search: [Google]
western.jpg
13KB, 194x259px
I want to become a history professor at an American University and specialize in Western History, that's American, Canadian, European (including East Europe and Russia, but not including Turkey), Latin American, and Australian history, all the way back to the times of the Ancient Greeks. But for that, I'll need a PhD or something like that. Will I have to painstakingly endure at least 4 years of SJW bullshit being shoved down my throat?
>>
No you idiot, you'll be working on your dissertation.
>>
Leftist faculty outnumber conservatives, something like 30:1.

So yes, you'll most likely be working with self-hating leftists, but as long as you don't introduce politics to your work, then you should be fine.
>>
>>18619407
Well fucking sorry for not knowing, high and mighty asshole. It's almost as if I were the one who was asking the questions.
>>18619412
I am going for a non-partisan approach towards my teachings, despite being right-wing. I guess I can make it and be completely uninvolved in any politics that occur.
>>
>>18619461
You don't know something so basic, yet you're sure that all of academia is controlled by those damn libruls who you hate so much right?
>>
>>18619485
Yes. If I want to become a cop but I don't know how the entrance test goes, that doesn't mean I can't know other details, like the fact that 52.2% of police officers are white.

Also, I've taken a look into their guidelines and whatnot. Don't make me look like some crazy paranoid.
>>
File: 1395102120969.gif (1024KB, 184x141px) Image search: [Google]
1395102120969.gif
1024KB, 184x141px
>>18619366

Firstly, great bait, maybe.

Secondly, this is not an issue that actual intellectuals have, only pseudo-intellectual asshats like you that think gas-lighting people into arguing about your opinion is considered a productive debate.

Thirdly, you're never ever ever going to successfully make it through a PhD program or become even a moderately competent teacher if you go into the study of history with a preconceived notion of the facts you are and aren't willing to accept. Believe it or not, social justice is a real thing, OP. It may just be a bunch of propaganda to you but beneath the rhetoric and slut walks and tumblr blogs there is a legitimate historical and sociological foundation to social justice. Despite your perception of modern day civil rights and social justice it has a long and very bloody history. You would know that if you were at all competent or interested in objective history.

Do some research on high profile court cases like the Central Park 5 or the trial of Jon Burge, the former police chief of Chicago in 1972 who was convicted of torturing over 200 primarily black suspects for confessions or the case or Harvey Milk, the first openly gay elected official in California who was assassinated. If you actually had a mind capable of being an effective history student you would know that the actions and perceptions of LGBT and minority communities in the world play a giant part of global history and sociological progress, particularly in western societies.

The fact that you just brush off any aspect of history that irritates your childish sense of social victimhood says to me you either don't actually want to be a history professor or you're just not intelligent enough to be one.
>>
>>18619530
>>18619530
>>18619530
>>18619530

This x1000. Hell, I'm very centrist, and leftist college freshmen were annoying as shit, but you're gonna have a bad time with your attitude.

Are you out of high school yet?
>>
>>18619530
Sure, I'm a pseudo intellectual for asking a question. And I'm supposed to assume you're the intellectual here?

Like I said, I am going for a non-partisan view of history. When have I EVER said I'd be denying certain events? You think I'd be skipping over actual social injustices? You're a moron. What I won't accepting are obvious lies, like the wage gap of the 1/5 statistic.

Those individual examples you provided really are horrifying. How fucking dare you say I'm denying them, or that I'd be skipping over them? The reason as to why I've never heard of them is because that SJW movement has never told me about that shit, all they have done so far is give me lies and more lies. I don't have a "pre-conceived truth", jackass. If someone tells me something, I'll investigate it.

So, are you done with your autistic screeching? Are you willing to settle down and tell me why exactly I'm wrong and you're right using tactics other than ad hominems and strawmen portraying me as some alt-right shithead, or are you too braindead to do so?
>>
>>18619545
>Your attitude
Explain.
>>
>>18619366
Ha! I had a class with that textbook.

Yup its how america is now. Everyones emotionally charged and politically active, and universities in particular are a hive of liberal bigotry, which is totally ironic because thats where people are supposed to learn to think critically examine their biases and learn to carefully analyse the truth even if it makes them uncomfortable.

Dont get excited righties. Youre mostly dumbasses too.
>>
>>18619564
>supposed to learn to think critically examine their biases and learn to carefully analyse the truth even if it makes them uncomfortable

Shh! Don't say that! Otherwise, you'll trigger >>18619530, and he'll piss his pants again!
>>
>>18619554

> The reason as to why I've never heard of them is because that SJW movement has never told me about that shit, all they have done so far is give me lies and more lies

This is why you're a pseudo-intellectual. What the fuck even is "the SJW movement"? Immature teenagers on tumblr and whiny kids at your high school aren't a movement, just ignore them.

> like the wage gap of the 1/5 statistic

OOO BUDDY, I'm an economist (and a very pro-market one!) but this is one of the things you're gonna have a bad time about.

When you describe something like this as an "obvious lie", you're exposing your inability or unwillingness to consider an issue deeply. The most common argument against the wage gap is the "men and women work different jobs, that explains it!", and while that is an answer to the really lazy wage gap proponents (of which there are admittedly many), that doesn't really solve the problem. *Why* do you think that men and women work different jobs? Is it because expectations from parents push men and women in different directions? Is it because men and women care value salary differently, as compared to less-tangible benefits like work-life balance? WHY do women prioritize non-wage benefits? Why do fewer women study certain topics, or enter certain types of roles within fields? etc etc etc.

The point is that this topic (like any topic in history, economics, or political theory) is extremely complicated, and dismissing explanations as "obvious lies" is extremely anti-intellectual. I work with people who wrote their PHD theses on wage differentials, and if you asked their opinions on the topic, they'd STILL tell you that it depends on what you mean and they aren't positive they're correct.

You didn't answer before, but I'm going to assume you're still in high school, which isn't your fault, but there's something very important to realize - you do not know nearly as much as you think you do, about basically any topic
>>
>>18619564

> hive of liberal bigotry

You aren't even 100% wrong. There really is a lot of bigotry from the left on college campuses, primarily from students. But it isn't the kind of thing you see on clickbait right-wing sites, it's a more general kind of classism from richer students.

BUT EVEN WITH THAT SAID, the actual academic tradition is very important, and your professors really are experts in their fields. Even if you have classmates that don't respect the complexity of issues, you'll need to if you want to be an actual academic

>>18619563

I explained this more in my other comment (I'm the economist), but it's basically an enormous overconfidence in how correct you are. It makes sense - until you truly encounter specialized people, and people much smarter than yourself, it's hard to really understand how complicated everything really is.
>>
File: 1499652284328.gif (1MB, 355x259px) Image search: [Google]
1499652284328.gif
1MB, 355x259px
>>18619554

>Sure, I'm a pseudo intellectual for asking a question.

You're a pseudo-intellectual for characterizing all aspects of history that offend your political leanings as "SJW propaganda".

>Like I said, I am going for a non-partisan view of history.

If you were genuinely concerned about being non-partisan you wouldn't of created this asinine thread to begin with.

>The reason as to why I've never heard of them is because that SJW movement has never told me about that shit, all they have done so far is give me lies and more lies.

It speaks volumes about your competency as a student of history when you actually blame SJWs for your own ignorance; as if you're validated for being uninformed because the people you disparage and insult haven't informed you well enough. You're not going to have a great time in school if your first reaction is to blame other people for why you don't research things before calling them propaganda.

>So, are you done with your autistic screeching? Are you willing to settle down and tell me why exactly I'm wrong and you're right using tactics other than ad hominems and strawmen portraying me as some alt-right shithead, or are you too braindead to do so?

Very childish, OP. You managed to skip over every point I made about the prominence and legitimacy of social justice in western history and focused only the ones that made you feel attacked. I'm not surprised that your interpretation of history is completely processed through the filter of your own victim complex. I don't think this history teacher thing is going to work out for you. I'm not even all that smart and you just completely melt down at the first hint of an intellectual challenge.

Also, that "settle down" line you said was a nice piece of immature accouterment. All you have to do is call me a frantic, enraged SJW and then you can dismiss all of my opinions at once without actually having to use your brain, right? You'd have better luck with a photography major, OP.
>>
>>18619578
I don't know, what is the SJW movement then?
>Why don't women work for the same jobs
I dunno, maybe because they make different choices? Maybe because male brains and female brains are different? Why does this have to be some sort of conspiracy? If anything, these days, despite tons of people advocating for women picking sciences, they just don't feel like it.

>Muh pseudo intellectual
If you keep calling me a pseudo-intellectual all the time, then I'm gonna start thinking you're one in the first place. I thought a pseudo intellectual was a close-minded person who never considered other ideas or was only concerned with their own view and not in expanding their horizons, all of which are the antithesis of my philosophy regarding politics. I've jumped all over the fucking place politically and I have heard the opinions of people from just about all corners of the political alignment chart.

You don't know SHIT about me, so stop pretending you know exactly how I think based on one fucking post. All I was asking was "Hey, so I noticed that American colleges often times have political views that oppose to mine, and so I was wondering if I would have to sit through their lectures".

An "obvious lie" is when you investigate an idea and realize "these statistics are inaccurate". How do I know they are inaccurate? I don't know, how do you know? Because you've done research? Because XY other reason? Exactly the same here, only I don't put myself on a pedestal and shit on people who ask simple questions.
>>
>>18619578
Oh oops, I thought you were the other guy.
>>
>>18619587
Truth is I dont even know how it is now.

I was in university 10 years ago and the trend was beginning. I just assume its worse.

At that time I was dealing with womens studies groups protesting and screaming about how women get a shit deal and theyre under societies boot and how women cant possibly advance.

My schools stem programs had a huge female majority, and most of the professors were women.

Like i understand feminism and its core and all...

But these were honest to god women who couldnt get laid and wanted to scream about how unfair society is while their more intelligent female counter parts were getting PhDs and actually doing something about it. They seemed totally blind to that fact.

That was my issue then. Now i just see all the shit getting sillier. Maybe im just getting older.
>>
>>18619603
>>18619603
I should add. I really started paying attention to the womens studies crowd when i was studying and overheard a womens studies study group all off on a circle jerk tirade on how women have never been a leader of any country. Not even joking right now. This was a tier 1 university.
>>
>>18619611
>tier one

Top tier. Jesus sorry. Like i said been 10 years Ive tarded out.
>>
>>18619595

>"Hey, so I noticed that American colleges often times have political views that oppose to mine, and so I was wondering if I would have to sit through their lectures".

And all we were saying is that if you're actually incapable of sitting and absorbing information from a person with opposing political views then you aren't capable of being a competent history professor. The inherent hypocrisy being that people in your position want to harp on and on about liberal bias and college safe spaces but the second someone brings up social justice you call it propaganda and lose your mind at the prospect of sitting in a room and listening to someone speak who you disagree with. You take a perfectly good opportunity to research opposing views and participate in structured classroom debate with a lecturer you disagree with and instead turn it into a thread about how you're a victim of propaganda. Its extremely childish, OP.

Not only that but this thread isn't even 20 posts in and you've completely exploded with profanity and insults at the slightest hint of criticism. Those two aspects of your behavior speak very poorly about you and your ability to become a productive, competent educator, OP. If you wanted a "safe space" in which your views weren't going to be challenged or criticized you shouldn't of come to 4chan and you sure as hell shouldn't go to college.
>>
>>18619595

> Maybe because male brains and female brains are different? Why does this have to be some sort of conspiracy?

This is why you're a psuedo-intellectual. Of course male and female brains are different. In what ways are they different? What does that explain, and what doesn't it explain? You're so content to leave things at such a basic explanation, it shows a misunderstanding of how learning *works*.

> Because you've done research?

What do you think research is? How much time do you think it would take a reasonably intelligent person to educate themselves on something as complex as salary differences, not even between genders but even between individuals? What does "research" consist of, in your mind?
>>
It really depends on the individual instructor/professor. I've only taken US History to 1865 and a survey of World History to Antiquity (If I remember right). Both of the instructors were really great (I relied on RMP), so they don't particularly introduce leftist ideology, they mostly stuck to the material. Although, I do recall the World History guy referring to "Guns, Germs, and Steel" as a reason why the West so far out competed the rest of the world. As you may know, Guns, Germs, and Steel has been throughly debunked by now. It's a self-hating sentiment, but it's the truth, the West is so much better than the rest of the world, because our ideas, industry, and curiosity, is that much better than everyone else. The rest of the world sucks because of their own fault.
>>
>>18619603

> Like i understand feminism and its core and all...

Hmm....

> Like i understand feminism and its core and all...

I'm going to go out and a limb and say that actually, no, you don't understand the issues you bitch about
>>
>>18619578
>When you describe something like this as an "obvious lie", you're exposing your inability or unwillingness to consider an issue deeply.
No he's not. He's pointing out the very real fact that people very, very often, almost exclusively actually, misrepresent the wage gap as being 100% infallible proof of discrimination against women and demonstrating the need for feminist movements and other such garbage.

>Why, why why
Those are good questions, and good to answer, but you can't immediately ASSUME it's an issue of SOCIAL JUSTICE, which implies that it's a fucking terrible injustice that women are the only sex able to gestate and provide children with the best food possible for them.

I think the question you really should be asking is: Why would you expect women to be perfectly in line with me?

Their physiques are different, their brains are slightly different, and they have an extremely pivotal role in the continuance of the species that men simply cannot fulfill. Do we really need more people to sit behind desks doing incredibly boring work all day, or do we need individuals to go out and have more children? Against the backdrop of global population declines and the """need'"" for "replacement immigration", it seems we need mothers, not office workers.
>>
>>18619577
Oh hi op
>>
>>18619627
I'm going to follow up. I very much considered majoring in history, but decided against it in the end, after reading university requirements for diversity courses, and the political leanings of most the faculty of my local university. I decided it was toxic leftist ideology factory, and that I wasn't going to enter it.

I'm now studying Education with minors in psychology, and counseling.
>>
>>18619634

> demonstrating the need for feminist movements

> it seems we need mothers, not office workers.

You're right, we don't need the wage gap to show evidence of misogyny, we can just print out your comments and show them to people
>>
>>18619593
Hey, don't knock photography, it's a genuine skill.
>>
>>18619647
>it's sexist to imply that labor is less important than preventing a collapse of the economy and society
k
>>
>>18619366
The one American history class I had was unbiased. My art appreciation class however was extremely biased towards the left.
>>
>>18619617
>Not only that but this thread isn't even 20 posts in and you've completely exploded with profanity and insults at the slightest hint of criticism. Those two aspects of your behavior speak very poorly about you and your ability to become a productive, competent educator, OP. If you wanted a "safe space" in which your views weren't going to be challenged or criticized you shouldn't of come to 4chan and you sure as hell shouldn't go to college.
Oh, so I'm the only asshole who uses profanity here huh? And you're so high and mighty too? Why do you think I am like this huh? You think I'd be like this if people were to explain reasonably without insults on why my question was wrong? So I guess getting angry over insults counts as wanting a safe space. Okay then.
>>
>>18619655
Most women can balance work and being a parent well. There is no reason why a woman can't be both an office lady and a mother at the same time.
>>
>>18619634
Are you implying that global population decline is a bad thing? The carrying capacity of the Earth is finite, we can't just keep growing the population forever.
>>
>>18619658
How old are you?
>>
>>18619593
> You're a pseudo-intellectual for characterizing all aspects of history that offend your political leanings as "SJW propaganda".
WHERE have I EVER said that? There is a good difference between facts that may not align with my ideology, which I accept anyway, and blatant false propaganda. You think I deny that racism, homophobia, and sexism still exist? You think I deny slavery? You think I deny the holocaust? No. You're the one who is saying that everything that does not align with my ideology I somehow consider to be SJW propaganda. Here is what SJW propaganda really is: The idea that you can't be racist towards whites, or some shit like that, which is actually taught in some colleges.
>Very childish, OP. You managed to skip over every point I made about the prominence and legitimacy of social justice in western history and focused only the ones that made you feel attacked.
And I find it great how you are still making assumptions about me and assume that I deny stuff.
>>
>>18619655
>or do we need individuals to go out and have more children

>>18619655

Not, that shit is sexist as fuck. Just as you can choose to work/do whatever you want, so can women. What's your planned solution here? Discriminate against women in workplaces, and hope they have more kids? Not to mention your weird concerns about immigrants, which further demonstrates the kind of person you are
>>
>>18619661
You're right, they can be, but it still stunts their career growth, and that's okay. That's what I'm saying here. It's okay that women earn less money than men, they should focus first on their children, they should take a year off every time they have a kid, they should leave work early to be with their kids, their children should always come before their careers. That makes them great mothers, and great mothers are the most important people in society. It comes at the price of having slower career growth, but it's pretty damn worth it the sacrifice.
>>
>>18619593
Moreover, what I meant to say with regards to those examples that you provided SJW professors usually teach some truths, like the examples you provided, and use those individual cases as "evidence" that our society is still racist overall or some shit.
>>
>>18619669

He's in high school. It's very obvious
>>
>>18619663
Areas like Africa and Asian need a population decline. The US is not overpopulated, and Europe, whose politicians and (((economists))) are literally arguing that they need to ship in replacement people from Africa in order for their economies to not collapse, so yeah, it seems like we have some wiggle room.
>>
>>18619628

There is a difference between reality and perception. Women out enroll men in stem programs, and make up 70% of the public sector (government jobs) in my country, and our wage gap is rapidly closing here. They also hold a majority of medical positions, not just as nurses, but as doctors and specialists.

These are good things to me. My problem with these women was theyre doing a useless degree and they will inevitably complain about no jobs and blame patriarchy, instead of actually facing the challenges head on and taking control of their destiny, like the other women at my school who were studying physics, chemistry, political science and medicine.

I understand there are difficulties women face i can never understand, and i understand they face extra challenges and that deep ingrained perception can be an obstacle to their success.

But being on the right side of the argument doesnt make you right. Saying "womens rights issues is important and needs attention" doesnt make the rest of the stuff that comes out of your mouth correct.

I personally would not like to be accused of being a rapist because farting on the train is asserting male dominance and having my picture posted on a university womens safety website being labelled as a "fart rapist" (actual honest to god thing that happened in my home city.)
>>
>>18619675
see >>18619677
>>
>>18619682

Once again, identifying anti intellectuals is easy as hell. The real problem with increasing opportunity in society is convincing morons like this one that anyone should care about their opinion.
>>
>>18619682
why did you place economists in quotation marks?
>>
>>18619691
>anti intellectuals
t. high school student

Also, it's anti-intellectuals. "anti" isn't a word on its own.
>>
>>18619624
>You're still a pseud bc you didn't specify
Okay.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/hope-relationships/201402/brain-differences-between-genders
Are you happy now?
>>
>>18619693
err whoops meant parentheses
>>
>>18619686

This is literally *even more* sexist. You think it's a sacrifice worth making, because *you don't have to make it*.

Try to understand this -- it's not up to you whether women want to raise kids or not. It's not up to you to say "well, we should pay them less so they focus on my pet social project".
>>
>>18619693
>quotation marks
Those are parenthesis......... It implies that they are Jews enacting a globalist, Marxist agenda.
>>
>>18619698
It's a thing anti-semites do to identify either Jews or people they think are working for the Jews, since they blame it all on them.
>>
>>18619700
so you're an anti-semite then? You expect me to take your argument seriously when you state that economists are all part of some conspiracy and that anything supported by jews is inherently evil? What the fuck man?
>>
>>18619705
Welcome to 4chan. You must be new here.
>>
>>18619696

Of course not, because you're still a fucking moron who thinks that:

a) PsychologyToday articles even count as "research"
b) A single source could possibly constitute a review of literature
c) A single explanation could answer an entire phenomenon
d) That a 1-page article could teach you literally anything of substance about a topic.

As someone in academia, if you want to be an academic someday, start by learning to not shoot your mouth off about topics you haven't studied, given you are in high school, is literally all of them.
>>
File: back to pol.png (283KB, 800x820px) Image search: [Google]
back to pol.png
283KB, 800x820px
>>18619708
I've been here since 2007, but unlike you I respect global rule 3. You should try it some time.
>>
>>18619700

Pray tell, what even *is* globalist Marxism? I mean, it's obvious you don't know what those things mean, but it's hilarious because those are diametrically opposed ideologies.
>>
>>18619492
Damn... that was actually a solid fucking response. Nice going, OP. You were not a faggot right then.
>>
>>18619699
You're slightly retarded. Let me break this down for you.

>>18619699
>"well, we should pay them less so they focus on my pet social project".
I never argued that companies should artificially set the salaries of women lower just because they're women. If a woman is childless, there's no reason she shouldn't be earning less than a man who puts in the same amount of work as her. Work life should be a meritocracy, meaning more work in = more pay out. If a woman steps away from her career for years at a time, and constantly works fewer hours so she can be with her family more, it's only natural that she would be paid less. And it shows. Even in the same jobs, men work longer hours and take less time off. If you have two employees and one works more than the other, should the one who works more not be fairly compensated for the extra effort?

Secondly, women have this amazing gift. They can cure the ailments of our society through mere personal effort. They can harbor and spawn life and raise it with nothing but their bodies for a few years. They can continue family lines and produce the individuals that keep society functioning and running, create the individuals that advance scientific research and the arts. And yet half of them want to go get useless degrees at an insane cost then go work shallow, meaningless corporate jobs. Men don't do that shit for fun. Do you think men go out and work at Fuck All Financial Services Inc. every day because they just fucking love doing it? They do it for their families. They do it to provide for their children. Now that more women don't want children, men have less reason to go do that shit, and that's what's playing out now. And now women, with some retarded chip on their shoulder, want to go do the stupid, meaningless jobs men are giving up, just out of some misguided attempt to prove they can or some shit. It's all so mind-boggling.

t. father of a beautiful child who works one of those meaningless corporate jobs
>>
>>18619705
It's a hefty logical fallacy to reject all opinions of someone simply because they old one you disagree with, but I couldn't care less if you believe me or not, friend.
>>
>>18619658
Lmao such a fucking faggot holy shit
>>
>>18619730
you're not my friend if you hate jews
>>
>>18619723

> And now women, with some retarded chip on their shoulder, want to go do the stupid, meaningless jobs

> It's all so mind-boggling.

It's only mind-boggling because you're a fucking idiot
>>
>>18619719
not really, to continue his example it would be like if he started a thread saying
>so I've been thinking about becoming a cop but I know that all cops are fucking fascist trumptards, is it even possible to become a cop if you don't hate black people?
his entire premise or what academia is like is based on a meme, and when anyone tells him no you're mistaken he immediately becomes defensive and takes it as a personal attack
>>
>>18619730

Not really, if you believe in bigfoot, I'm not interested in your opinions on forest ecology, because you clearly know nothing about it. Similarly, if you believe a secret jewish conspiracy wants to rule the world to...do....something? then I'm not interested in your opinions on economics, society, or politics writ large
>>
>>18619734
A pretty solid and convincing argument. You must be the intellectual.
>>
File: ECZXdrb.jpg (24KB, 458x418px) Image search: [Google]
ECZXdrb.jpg
24KB, 458x418px
>>18619733
Are you the (((economist))) from before? :^)
>>
yes, and if you attempt to teach actual history (after learning it for yourself on your own time) you'll have a hell of a time getting hired on anywhere
>>
>>18619748

Nope, I'm the economist. Where does this "economists are jews" meme even come from? Literally 1 in 50 people in my research group is Jewish, and I work at an Ivy League school
>>
>>18619740
So believing in cryptozoology would auto-magically invalidate my knowledge of primary and secondary succession as it relates to ecology, for instance? Interesting.
>>
>>18619758

In any qualified setting? Yes it would
>>
>>18619757
It's a lie they tell themselves because it makes it easy for them to disregard economists.
>>
>>18619762
There's your logical fallacy. What you're saying is illogical:
X is true.
Y is false.
Person A claims X.
Person A also claims Y.
Therefore, X is false.

I don't believe in bigfoot by the way, but if you think the Jewish involvement in global media and banking is a coincidence, and that the Jewish involvement in German politics after WW1 was also a coincidence, and that George Soros' funding of antifa groups is no big deal, then good luck to you.

X is still true.
>>
>>18619715
This is patently false. Globalism and Marxism are in no way in odds with one another. Modern Marxists are huge proponents of globalism:
http://www.marxist.com/globalisation/

You speak as if you know things, but you are rather ignorant.
>>
>>18619777
>the Jewish involvement in German politics after WW1
to what do you refer, you may be shocked to hear this anon but there were jews in Germany after ww1 and some of them were even involved in politics! Amazing isn't it.
>>
Lol both of you guys are fucking faggots
>>
File: sCkfkmg.png (22KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
sCkfkmg.png
22KB, 207x239px
>>18619777
Been browsing /pol/spiracies a bit too much, anon?
>>
>>18619788
Do you think that Hitler just HAPPENED to hate Jews out of nowhere?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_Revolution_of_1918%E2%80%9319

Leaders of the German revolution that fucked the country up:
Rosa Luxemburg (jew)
Karl Liebknecht (jew)
Kurt Eisner † (jew)
Paul Levi (jew)
Franz Mehring (unclear, maybe Jewish)
Wilhelm Pieck (non-Jew)
Ernst Toller (jew)

Wow, Germany, which was probably only a few percent Jewish, somehow had a revolution lead by a group that was over 70% Jewish.... hmmmm

And let's see, The Frankfurt School, that started the concept of critical theory that has slowly eroded the pillars of society, and has in fact lead to this very discussion today over the salaries of women:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankfurt_School
Look up the leaders, mostly, if not all Jewish

hmmmmmm
>>
>right-winger says something
>"STUPID!", /pol/!" underage!" "Out of touch!" "Sexist!"
>left-winger says something
>"Jew!" "Marxist!" "SJW!"
Can you guys listen to what he's asking, academia is actually full of leftist bullshit, like how the American revolution was a bad thing and how Islam supports equality and social justice (this is not a joke)
>>
>>18619817
>its a "the spartacist uprising and the german revolution were the same event" episode
>no mention that spartacist was launched by non-jewish hotheads like liebknecht
>nor that most of the "jewish" leaders of the KPD were AGAINST violent revolution and Rosa in particular wanted to participate in elections for german parliament but got outvoted for the hotheads and so was forced to go along.
>nor that the Roterfront was set up by the non-jewish head of the communist party Ernst Thalmann, who was the undisputed leader of the party of that time.
>literally just "Jews were evil and tried to bully their way to power ):"
>really makes you think
>>
>>18619817
Please do not stupid here.
>>18619820
If they're teaching that Islam is about equality, peace or anything like that than god damn Memerica has gone low. That's disgusting.
>>
>>18619820
Do you know where I learned that Mohamed was able to become a full time poet because his wealthy business owning wife supported him, and then he created laws under Islam that forbade women from owning businesses or being independently wealthy? It was in a college class on islam. The same place I learned about how he married a child, the same place where I learned that he himself participated in or ordered at least 70 raids, that arab views towards women and homosexuals took an extremely regressive turn under islam, that Islam wiped out numerous unique religions and cultures during the arab expansion, and islamic iconoclasm destroyed irreplaceable works of art and architecture. These historical facts were not ignored by my professor, an expert in middle eastern history.
>>
>>18619864
I'm glad you got a good teacher
>>
>>18619871
and even if I hadn't I would have learned those things in the many books I read about islam while researching for papers over the course of the semester
>>
>>18619882
All cultures had their good and their bad.
I acknowledge and understand all the bullshit islam has to offer and the history youve presented.

They also embraced the ideologies of the greek enlightenment, improved on the scientific method, and became the technological leader of their time.

Same with the brits mang. Super rich, very powerful, advanced af, nasty habit of wiping out other civilisations and cultures and oppressing through religion.

Its just the way of things. The most powerful of all times will be the most intellectual, and the biggest dick munches.
>>
>>18619530
Not really, no. The historical mistreatment of fractions of society does not give legitimacy to the radical fringe, it may explain why they exist but existence is not legitimacy. Likewise teaching about the mistreatment of groups is not, "SJW Bullshit."

If you expect OP to grant legitimacy to a tumblr blog calling on history professors to stop teaching the history of Europe or the founding of the united states because it is, "racist." Then you too have no place in a history department. If OP is a rational objective person instead of an ideologue who prescribes to right wing fringe ideas then those kinds of people are what he is referring to when he talks about SJW Bullshit, not actual history.
>>
>>18619988
Finally, an actually smart person understood my message properly.

It seems like you morons can't differentiate between sjw messages and people calling out actual discrimination. Teaching about colonialism, for example, is not sjw. Teaching the kind of "toxic masculinity patriarchy white privilege" bullshit is.
>>
>>18619578
The 1/5 "wage" gap is actually just a lie. That number is an earnings gap that doesn't properly account for hours worked. Go back to your LRM shithole.
>>
>>18619988

But lets not forget that OP started out this thread with the sentence "Are all history classes in American Colleges SJW propaganda?" and immediately disqualified himself as a rational, objective person with this purposeful troll-bait of a premise. He knows damn well all history classes aren't all SJW propaganda and he knows that characterizing opinions he doesn't like as propaganda is logically dubious but he does it anyway because throughout this thread his approach at debate has been gas lighting his opponents into anger and then using that anger as justification for dismissing their points.

I genuinely agree with what your point is but I think the overall point is that OP isn't here for a rational conversation seeing as he started this entire thread off with an irrational question he already knew the answer to. He criticizes SJWs for not wanting to hear any opinions other than their own then does the exact same thing and portrays himself as a victim of propaganda while, in his own words, admitting that he hasn't even done any extensive research on SJW ideals and blames them for not educating him enough on the subject.
>>
>>18620080
Yes, keep on accusing me of shit I never did and using that straw man argument.
Yeah, I'll admit my wording was shitty and kind of immature. There. Now it's your turn to confess your shit.
>>
>>18620008
>finally an actually smart person

When you talk like that, the only people who will listen to you are people who already agree with you in the first place.

You will dig your enemies in deeper that way. Many a study (and common sense) has shown. Talk like youre better or smarter than people, or insult them, and they will become more anti whatever-youre-talking about.

I get it kid. You arent taken seriously enough in life and your ideas are all you have to affirm yourself as a person. Dont be a dick about them and you might gain some ground.
>>
>>18620150
So I'm the only self-righteous dick here?
>>
>>18620150
Aren't you doing the exact same thing you accuse him of doing, even making claims about his personal life.
>>
>>18620166
I am. But ive met a tonne of people and this is a repetitive quality.

When people talk like that they dont have enough to be proud of and feel a need to assert themselves.

Bit of a kamikaze move but the other anons going to seriously think about it at the end of it. And thats all i care about.
>>
>>18620137

Firstly, you're not even using the term "strawman" correctly. Secondly, this isn't a game of truth or dare. When you say something or do something incorrect, inflammatory or divisive and someone calls you on your behavior its ultimately an act of pure unabashed immaturity to demand that the person calling you on your behavior also admit to some arbitrary wrongdoing just to make your ego feel better.

This entire thread has been a practice in victimhood for you; first SJWs are making you a victim of their propaganda then American colleges are making you a victim of their toxic left-wing bias then the people of this thread are making you a victim by criticizing your behavior. At no point anywhere in this thread did you stop the insults and vulgarity long enough to acknowledge the possible that you share even a modicum amount of responsibility for your problem. Only now, under the weight of an entire thread of people, do you begin to feign the characteristics of calm objectivity. Even if your premise actually did hold water, as soon as you throw a tantrum and make yourself the victim of literally every situation in which opposing views are involved no one will give a shit what your ideals are and THAT should be the take-away here, OP. Regardless of whether or not the college you go to is the cesspool of liberal degeneracy you claim it to be your first reaction wasn't to do your own research and offer the opposition an opportunity to engage in constructive debate, it was to belittle and attack.

The point is criticism is a natural process of debate but not all criticism is created equal. If you're actually this incapable of maturely and objectively processing the scathing criticism that you are so quick to throw at other people then college is not going to be a fun or productive time for you. If you want rational debate then you have to start with a rational premise.
>>
>>18619578
>What the fuck even is "the SJW movement"? Immature teenagers on tumblr and whiny kids at your high school aren't a movement, just ignore them.
Meanwhile, there was 10 million dollars in damage in Hamburg after the G20 summit. People are biking fired from their jobs for disagreeing with their agenda. Lawsuits are being filed. Laws are being changed. Faculty are being held hostage by students. Students are being discriminated against for being white.

If you don't want to call it a movement that's fine, but there are real, tangible threats and real, tangible consequences to the SJW thing. It's a legitimate grievance to hold in this day and age.
>>
>>18620223
Look at you, pretending to be all calm and reasonable and righteous, despite the fact that your argument began with "nice bait" and "pseudo-intellectual asshats like you that think gas-lighting people into arguing about your opinion is considered a productive debate".
So because I reply rudely to rude comments, and because I point out a flaw in universities, it means that I am indulging in victimhood. Sure, sure. If you say so.

>At no point anywhere in this thread did you stop the insults and vulgarity long enough to acknowledge the possible that you share even a modicum amount of responsibility for your problem. Only now, under the weight of an entire thread of people, do you begin to feign the characteristics of calm objectivity.

I just love this whole meme of you being this high and mighty person who was not once an asshole or anything like that. I mean holy shit, talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

I wasn't saying "please rate my statement", you self righteous elitist pseudo intellectual Neanderthal dimwit, I was asking "what are history classes in American college campuses like". The first guy's answer was the closest to a proper answer to my question.

Also, I love how you're asking me to admit my flaws, yet when I do, you even criticize that, and you refuse to do so yourself.
>>
>>18619366
Just move to a red state, they have more conservative admin/faculty.
>>
>>18620260
My advice to you, even though I haven't been to an American university, is do it before they change it. If it's too SJW for you then just switch to something else. Why do a doctorate in history anyway? It's certainly not for the cash.
>>
>>18620285
>certainly not for the cash
It's still cash though. Who cares.
And you're right, it's not for the cash. It's because it's literally the job I can think of. That or chemistry teacher for college freshmen, but there's a fat chance of that happening.
>>
>>18620283
Are there any top tier universities in those states though?
>>
>>18620260

>"what are history classes in American college campuses like"

Tthat isn't what you asked. What you did was accuse everyone who believes in SJW ideals of being an irrational propagandist and then asked if you would have to "endure" them if you went to college.

>and because I point out a flaw in universities

More minimizing. That isn't what you did. You characterized everyone you disagree with as being below you.

Your shitty attitude and victim complex is going to be a constant hurdle for you in life, OP. This whole thread has just been one long instance of you hurling insults and unfounded generalizations at other people then immediately crumpling into anger as soon as criticism is turned on you. You just keep minimizing your own behavior more and more and more until you've created this universe for yourself in which everyone else is an irrational asshole attacking you for no reason and you're the innocent bystander who just asked an innocent question and its all bullshit, OP. All of you, from your fake intellectualism to your fake, pedestrian outrage is bullshit and you're just upset because people aren't playing your game.

Speaking your mind decisively and with calmness isn't being "high and mighty", its called being an adult, OP. Try it sometime.

That is all I have to say. You're astonishingly childish and I'm 100% done with going around in circles with you. Its obvious you're not interested in even attempting to act like a reasonable adult so I'm quite over this conversation, thanks.
>>
>>18620297
I don't know, check the rankings yourself
>>
>>18620293
>That's literally the job I can think of. That or chemistry teacher.
Far be it from me to tell another how to live their life, but a doctorate is something both difficult and expensive to get, and a huge time investment as well. It's not something people casually go to get. If you can get the same feeling of satisfaction by teaching college freshmen chemistry, which is a lot easier to do and a more marketable skill, you should probably reconsider or at least think it over some more.
>There's a fat chance of that happening
How so? I mean, yeah there's an SJW infection in most schools nowadays, but Chemistry isn't something you can insert ideology into.
>>
>>18620308
>That isn't what you asked
That's precisely what he asked. He had a preconceived notion of what History courses are like. He wasn't sure. He asked. You run off on some kind of tangent instead of saying "no, and here's why".
>>
>>18620308
>Your shitty attitude and victim complex is going to be a constant hurdle for you in life, OP. This whole thread has just been one long instance of you hurling insults and unfounded generalizations at other people then immediately crumpling

Aaaaand he's going back in a circle once again.
Yes, because I'm the one who was being an asshole from the very beginning.

>You just keep minimizing your own behavior more and more and more until you've created this universe for yourself in which everyone else is an irrational asshole attacking you for no reason and you're the innocent bystander who just asked an innocent question and its all bullshit, OP.

SAYS THE ASSHOLE WHO CALLED ME A PSEUDO INTELLECTUAL ASSHAT.

How about you though? Haven't you created your own universe where you're the only rational one here, and where you're always right? Not once have you even attempted to address the many problems you have, because your ego is too inflated.

>you're just upset because people aren't playing your game

No, I'm upset because people were being assholes about it, like you for instance. All you had to do is say something like "I think you are exaggerating" or "I think your argument is bullshit and here is why," but no.

>Speaking your mind decisively and with calmness

You mean the opposite of what you've been doing this entire time?

>muh intellectualism

READ THE FUCKING TITLE
Was I even trying to sound intellectual or shit? I was asking a fucking question! You just decided to paint me as this pseudo intellectual just to justify the fact that you're being an asshole.

Go to hell.
>>
>>18620315
Fat chance because I'm nowhere near as good in chemistry as I am in history. I just said so because I just started taking chemistry and I'm enjoying it so far, and because I'm not tearing hair out of my head so far.
>>
>>18620346
Well then I guess hist
history is more the field for you. Just be sure to be on the lookout for historical revisionism and you'll muddle through okay.
>>
>>18620351
Alright. Hey, thanks for the advice.
>>
>>18619366
There's no no-partisan history and hopefully you will learn that soon if you study it.
>>
In this thread, OP getting BTFO by actual intellectuals.
>>
>>18619757
>Where does this "economists are jews" meme even come from?
https://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2015/01/influential-economists
Referencing the top 10

Paul Krugman? Jewish.
Larry Summers? Jewish.
Daniel Kahneman? Jewish
Alan Blinder? Jewish
Joseph Stiglitz? Jewish

So 5 out of the top 10 are Jewish, when Jews make up 1.7-2.6% of the population. Now I'm not saying there's a jewminati world order, but it's not exactly a mystery how the stereotype came to be.

Bonus round-The same stereotype exists for doctors too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIC1V3FiVyY
>>
>>18619366
What is SJW?
>>
>>18620972
Soddy jumbled woods
>>
>>18620869
lmao in what way are they intellectuals?
>>
>>18621080
>"I agree with them so they're intellectuals"
is literally what that guy meant. The bar is low.
>>
>>18621194
The bar is under fucking ground then, Jesus.
s m h pseuds are accusing me of being a pseud.
>>
>>18619738
this

If you are asking this question and can't answer it yourself you shouldn't get a phd but will have no trouble obtaining one, unfortunately.
>>
>>18619738
> and when anyone tells him no you're mistaken he immediately becomes defensive and takes it as a personal attack

I only took it as a personal attack because I was insulted, dumbass. Literally the first response called me an idiot.

Enough with this self-righteous attitude. It's like you guys cherry-pick parts from this thread.
>>
>>18621304
Well, sorry for having no idea what college campuses are really like. I didn't say "history classes in college are SJW propaganda", I asked "are they SJW propaganda?"
dumb motherfucker
>>
File: ITguy.jpg (79KB, 970x546px) Image search: [Google]
ITguy.jpg
79KB, 970x546px
>>18620913
Have you people stooped this low to "prove" the ever ongoing memespiracy? This is getting ridiculous, you fat goy or something etc
>>
>>18619685
just don't fucking fart on the train, dude, what's wrong with you, that's disgusting - other people have to smell that shit (literally)
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.