[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Roomates

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 150266328584798891133.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
150266328584798891133.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
So, basic roomate problems. We have 5 people in a nice house, all around 25-27ish. My bfs family owns the house, but we all pay rent like normal. We collect the rent and send it off each month, even if the others are late on their share.

So, since it's summer we've been having ac wars, bc 3 of us actually care and want to save money, but the couple that lives with us probably dont give two shits about it so they leave it super cold during the day and night (central air) even though we have clg fans and other kinds of fans in all our rooms and I've asked them countless of times to be better about it which thet ignore. Its also fucking freezing for the rest if us. Ive actually closed the airvents in our room.

These past two months, the elec bill has been pretty much TWICE, than it's ever been. The girl of the couple is to blame mostly bc she ignores everyone and "can't take conflict" (brings up issues from a year ago, brings up problems we dont even know about from months ago, dodges blame,etc.) They even tried to blame our other nice roomate for the spike since he just got a gf and is over sometimes ( they both dont touch the ac bc drama) Ive seen her and she is the sweetest most considerate thing.

The ac running all day at an insane temp is what's been causing this, so i was thinking of making them pay the difference of the average of what we all usually pay (about 40 more $ a month is what we calculated for them to pay). Does that sound reasonable? What do you all think if this?

Everyone I've talked to says to kick them out which is really what I'm feeling like. I like them as people,but they're super inconsiderate about that stuff.
>>
>>18619348
Try talking to them, with real words? Don't just ask them nicely, tell them you're gonna fucking kick them out if they don't fall in line. It's that simple. Say "stop fucking with the AC, or find a new place to live". It's your house, you don't have to put up with bullshit
>>
>>18619367
The problem though is that we've been friends for quite a while, and countless shared friends. I'm afraid of this causing a rift of "who's side to take"
>>
>>18619348
Boy oh boy don't get me started on this subject. I'm a single man living with two slightly older girls and they are both irresponsible and at the same time absolutely helpless. They were alone with the house while I went out of town for a week, not even two days into the trip they start blowing up my phone about how the AC isn't working. When I got back sure enough the house was above 80 but what they didn't tell me is that after I left they lowered the temperature too much too suddenly and froze the coolant. Anyway they didn't have to pay for it since utilities and all that but then point is you have to be assertive with uncooperative roommates that cost everyone more money. If you don't want to kick them out yet you and the others have to band together and lay down the rules for the couple otherwise they're gonna keep doing whatever they want. You should tell them exactly what you posted, "you're costing the rest of us money by being irresponsible with the thermostat and if you don't stop we're going to charge you with the bill." If they resist you can all sit down and discuss a good temperature to keep the thermostat on. If you have to buy a lockbox. And if they still don't want to respect the rules of the house then that's can be considered a breach of contract and wouldn't be grounds for them to vacate. Hope this helps.
>>
>>18619393
Sorry I meant "would be grounds"

>spellcheck
>>
>>18619393
Oh boy, theyve already broken the ac 3 times this year and guess who has to fix it? (Our family)

We've tried talking out a good programming plan to save money, since we agreed to have it colder at night as long as it's turned up a bit higher during the day to even it out, but no, the girl doesnt listen and her bf defends her. We've tried jamming the programming button so shed stop messing with it, but then she gets mad and breaks the hold button so then it's -70 the whole day.

So i thought just to give everyone less stress, they can either pay the difference each month from now on, or agree to a schedule.
>>
We don't have a current contract set up bc we're dumb and thought itd be rainbows and butterflies. Would just a simple one work and have them sign it about this problem?
>>
>>18619417
>>18619433
Well in the likely event that they won't agree to the terms regarding the AC the best you can do to try and help the situation is to try and reason them into paying the difference, you can put it into terms that make it seem like everyone pays the difference based on how much they use the thermostat (assuming the others won't touch it as much. The only problem with that is if they agree to pay then you're pretty much handing them free reign over the thermostat. The only other option is to get the landlord to put pressure on them to stop, they night even leave on there own at that point. But if they're going to continue being a burden on everyone else there and not agree to some kind of consensus then you need to get in touch with the landlords and all the other tenants and have them removed from the building. It's an arduous thing to go through I know but if roommates don't want to show others respect then they'd be better off paying more to live on their own.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.