[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to cope with the fact I'm a bottom 5% male? All my friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 109
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3431.jpg (114KB, 1024x828px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3431.jpg
114KB, 1024x828px
How to cope with the fact I'm a bottom 5% male? All my friends are smarter, taller and better looking than me. Same for most people I have contact with.
>>
>>18619108

Focus on shit you can work on or change. You can learn confidence, and that'll get you far.
>>
>>18619129
confidence is a meme
>>
Give up
Also don't ask that shit on /adv/ because people here unironically believe that hard work can 100% compensate for everything else
>>
Turn gay
Buy a hooker
Get rich

That's it. You'll never get into a relationship the normal way like most guys.
>>
>>18619180

That's dumb
>>
Unfortuneatly we live in a fucking scoiety that overvalues appearances.... And just be nice, that's how everyone should be regardless of anything. You'll be happier yourself. And also, don't want the things you can't have so much, be patient and realize you're just chasing dopamine rushes / empty highs.
>>
>tfw not THAT ugly but a minimum wageslave loser
It's pretty much the same thing.
>>
File: suicide booths.png (76KB, 200x251px) Image search: [Google]
suicide booths.png
76KB, 200x251px
>>18619108
>>18619287
Csgo?
>>
>>18619250
That doesn't really help cope.
>>
>>18619108
I'll tell you what my mom told me. NEVER compare yourself to anyone. You'll never be like your friends because you're you. Stop focusing on being like them, and focus on being a better you. Remember, we are all the same in Christ's eyes. We as mortals make these needless comparisons, when all you really gotta focus on is improving what you can. Don't mean to sound preachy, but I wish you the best friendo :)
>>
You just have depression mate.
>>
git gud

>>18619190
it can

>>18620148
good advice but ignore the religion woo bait
>>
>>18620224
Religion bait? I some people are genuine about that. Believing in something has helped many people before.
>>
>>18619180
said like a man with no confidence
or personality
>>
* get a haircut
* shave, wash yourself
* dress in clothes that fit, look nice
* eat less, eat healthier
* exercise
>>
>>18620224
>it can
Hardly all the time.
>>
>>18620148
Everybody compares himself to everybody else. It's the root of competition which is something so ingrained in our society its basically in our nature.
>>
>>18619180
Confidence is no meme
i thought it was

>be me
>18 fucked life
>deeply in debt
>my suit is old and my shoes have holes in them
>Social problems
>short as fuck
>Infp Depression tier
>Get a job interview in sales door to door
>i fake it asf
>get to second round
>fake it again
>get job
>i'm the only non chad/Stacy
>i sell door too door
>im training right now and people in our office get $700 in a day off commission
>i am now confident and hit it off with a
girl at a party and she added me on Facebook
> And everyone loves the charity i work for so people are far nicer

Also i have something for you op the key to confidence
its so easy
1) Smile (Don't fake this think of something you find funny in your head)
2) Eye contact
3) Enthusiasm
>>
>>18620971
>1) Smile
What if my smile is ugly as fuck?
>>
File: Confidence.jpg (78KB, 736x736px) Image search: [Google]
Confidence.jpg
78KB, 736x736px
Just be confident. We're all gonna make it.
>>
File: 1498917243399.jpg (8KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
1498917243399.jpg
8KB, 259x194px
>>18620983
I dont get it. Is he supposed to look good? He looks like an arrogant faggot. No fun to have, no smile. Seriously, do girls really like that?
>>
>>18620994
>He looks like an arrogant faggot.
You're jealous and/or projecting.
>do girls really like that?
Yes.
>>
>>18620994
That's what closeted homosexuals on /r9k/ think is a sexy man. And by extension they think girls think the same.
>>
>>18620994
>>18621007
Hes pretty good looking though bit old looking for his age I would say, I personally don't like the wild beard too much but that's something that he can easily change

I mean hes literally model, probably gets as much pussy as he could ever want
>>
>>18621004
>youre jealous or projecting
Nah man, really not.

>>18621007
Agree with that.
>>
>>18620974
think of something funny
i personally think of the big lez show
>>
Did no one find MY advice of any assitance?
>>18619280
>>
>>18621021
Yeah but I look like an old lady when I smile.
>>
Jus b confident, shower and b a gud person xd

That's why Chad has a different girl to hospitalize every week but women just FEEL your hate lolol
>>
>>18621057
This post reminds us all that /r9k/ posters are forever stuck in a teenager high school mentality even if they are physically adults.
>>
>>18621069
Muh r9k boogeyman as soon as anyone calls you out on your bullshit advice, as always
>>
>>18621050
who cares it doesn't matter as long as your showing a good vibe
>>
You don't cope with that at all. Society devalues you. Success might get you somewhere, but "confidence" won't. Confidence is the biggest meme I've ever seen on the internet.
>>
>>18620974
You realize half the people here give terrible advice right? They are telling you to smile because they like their own smile. They can't even think outside their own world.
This applies to 95% of the advice given on this board, give or take.
>>
Without feedback I feel like my advice was not helpful. Is it?
>>18619280
>>
>>18621092
This is how you can spot the bitter /r9k/ virgins: anything that doesn't agree with their raging autistic manchild worldview is automatically "bad advice".
>>
>>18621077
You did not call anyone out
You did not point out any bullshit advice
You posted completely unrelated offtopic garbage
You wrote nothing but /r9k/ memes

Go back to your containment board.
>>
File: 1472781846054.png (14KB, 335x293px) Image search: [Google]
1472781846054.png
14KB, 335x293px
>>18621092
>half the people here give terrible advice right?
Half is being generous. This board is a fucking cesspool of just world fallacies and pic related.
>>18621096
>bitter /r9k/ virgins
Nice argument there, faggot.
Also, "just smile bro" isn't advice.
>>18621100
>You did not call anyone out
Yes I did
>point out any bullshit advice
Every single "advice" that's been given in this thread is some flavor of pic related.
>unrelated offtopic garbage
Disagreeing with your bullshit doesn't mean I'm off topic
>/r9k/ memes
Wouldn't know, I don't go there. But keep posting about the /r9k/ boogeyman, this board is fucking obsessed I swear.
You sure showed me
>>
>>18621100
The be confident shower and be nice to people is easily the most given advice in these kind of things

Most virgins I know look like regular dudes that are maybe somewhat uglier than normal and shy/awkward. And guess what apparently it doesn't work for them

I like how virgins can be stereotyped as "ugly overweight unwashed woman hater" and it's the truthTM but normies cannot. Piss off
>>
>>18621092
It's not even that, it's more pathetic than that. They keep saying those things because they NEED those things to be true. So they spend all day fearing that it's not true, making threads about my gf this, I want a gf that... at the same time giving the same advice going over their own nostalgia wishing they could correct those mistakes they recognize. They don't hate r9k because they are r9k themselves they just deeply pray that if you follow these advice everything will be a fix quick. Please let it work, please. Let me post one more time how it will just work. It must.
>>
>>18621096
Nope you're just a monkey that can't think critically at all
>>
>>18621108
That, or they're just unable to fathom that maybe their success wasn't completely due to their hard work and that since shit is so easy for them, it must also be easy for everyone else.
"lol just grow balls and talk to her bro"
"lmao just work out and eat healthy man"
"haha just stop being so negative dude"
etc, etc
>>
>>18621106
If it's the most given advice, how come no one mentioned it before you went on your angry nonsensical ranting? You didn't read this thread and jumped to vomit your /r9k/ bile.
>>
>>18621112
"just b urself"
"b confident dud n shes urs"
"apply face cream erday"
"just get haircut lol"
"just shower lol"
>>
>>18621115
>no one mentioned it
It's literally the first fucking post in the thread. Kill yourself.
>>
>>18621105
For someone who doesn't go on /r9k/, you sure believe in their memes. Could be that those same retarded excuses are found on other boards, I don't go to all boards so I don't know. Maybe you picked them up from one of the gay boards since I don't visit those.
>>
>>18621118
Where? I'm not seeing it.
>>
>>18621112
It's mostly sheltered people that grew up believing the Disney lies and that "there can be miracles if you believe" stuff. They were never disliked just because. Maybe some time they were sad or down or in a funk and someone told them to pick themselves up, and they believed and it worked, so just smile to the world and everything you want will happen - because all of us are the same and you just need to say these confident words or smile and that's it. Because I did that and that was what worked so it must be what works for everyone.
>>
>>18621117
Why do you keep repeating retarded /r9k/ memes? This board is for giving advice. You're just shitposting.
>>
>fit
>good hygiene
>decent job
>nice to people
>not a single woman even considers saying hi to me for anything more than small chat
>happen to be ugly and quite short

Justify this without bringing up women's magical mind reading powers normies
>>
Do we have one samefagging /r9k/ manchild here or is it two of them circlejerking each other?
>>
>>18621119
Sure, you can have the last word if you want
>>18621117
It's actually even more simple than the advice they give you. Are you attractive? Good. Are you unattractive? Settle for an uggo (if you even manage to do that) or give up.
>>18621122
It's >>18619129, now end your life
>>
>>18621131
>wow more than one person disagrees with me it must be a samefag
>m-muh /r9k/
>>18621129
Are you physically attractive?
>>18621127
>/r9k/ memes
You mean the most common pieces of advice given on this board?
>>
>>18621077
/r9k/ is no different from /pol/ in this department, coming to other boards and spouting stupid shit that nobody cares about, only instead of ebil jews it's le ebil womynz
>>
>>18621131
Just because you don't like something doesn't make it /r9k/ nor is everyone who you don't agree with the same person
>>
>>18621140
Le ebil nazis and le ebil virgins
>>
File: 1480670957608.png (122KB, 1407x207px) Image search: [Google]
1480670957608.png
122KB, 1407x207px
>>18621124
It's about validating experiences. Pic related explains it.
A small part of it is determined by the work you're willing to put in, that's true, but most of your success when it comes to relationships depends on whether you've acquired the necessary skills and gone through enough validating experiences during childhood.
When you've been an outcast all your life, you can put in as much hard work as you want and never reach the expected outcome.
>>18621140
Why do you keep bringing up /r9k/ when nobody gives a shit? Why are you so fucking obsessed?
>>
>>18621129
People in this board would simply tell you "work out become as buff as arnold dude" or the typical "Be confident" memes.
Women don't like ugly dudes. Period. Society doesn't, and if you combine it with being short that's the justification. A man could do anything that's in his hands to be more attractive, but in the end genes are genes and society WILL see you as a pile of shit. My advice: work on improving yourself through money/a really nice career while trying to get the best out of your physical appearance. And ignore retarded advice that doesn't make fucking sense.
>>
>>18621137
>Are you physically attractive?
Maybe if you cut my head off and saw me from below so you couldn't tell how short I am.
>>
>>18621133
That doesn't say anything about taking a shower or just b urself. Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit apparently.
>>
>>18621146
It makes sense though and there's really no point in hating women or attractive people because of it. I used to be bitter as fuck but I don't really mind anymore. It's understandable that people don't like unattractive individuals, I don't either despite being below average myself. That's just nature.
It's annoying however to be given condescending advice from sheltered people who unironically believe opportunities can simply be seized regardless of your personal circumstances.
>>18621148
There's your problem, just be attractive bro.
>>18621149
It says something about confidence, which was mentioned in the post you called out as a commonly given piece of advice.
You're wrong but don't want to admit it. Stop acting like a fucking retard and fuck off.
>>
>>18621143
I'd say that you are mostly a bunch of boring fucks, you always say the same shit and you are either preaching to the choir or annoy normal posters
>>18621144
>Why do you keep bringing up /r9k/
i just came to this thread
>when nobody gives a shit? Why are you so fucking obsessed?
when I see threads about anne franks diary being a fabrication created by some jewish professors on /lit/ or a robot circlejerk like this one in yet ANOTHER /adv/ thread this week I it's easy to get annoyed, if you want normies to stay out of your board then stop smearing your mental feces on other boards
>inb4 im not/r9k/ or /pol/ :DDD
>inb4 cuck, thot XDDDD
>>
>>18621152
It's coincidently what 4chan was to begin with, a place where people like that came to find comfort with others that had the same experience. Throughout the years and through boards like soc and adv normalfags came here for whatever reason.
>>
>>18621160
>>inb4 im not/r9k/ or /pol/ :DDD
But I'm neither. You should take a break from 4chan, m8
>>
I don't know about you, but I don't recall the last time I treated somebody like shit, or disowned a friend merely on the basis that they weren't the best at what they aspired to be, or because they were short, or fat.

Fuck if I care, man. If people want to be around you, let them be around you. Don't sweat the details.
>>
>>18621162
Robots attempting to rewrite history again. You, the bitter virgin manchildren, have never been the main population of this site. 4chan has always been for "normies" as you put it. You are merely cancer that is trying to make this your home.
>>
>>18621144
Stop it with your shitty "advice". Your advice is "you were born this way, nothing you can do, it's the fault of evil wymen and normies, better shut yourself in the basement."
>>
>>18621169
That's not what he said at all. He said that pre-teen years and teen years are fundamental to build social circles, skills and a good social mentality. Sadly for many people circumstances completely fuck up this phase and many people end up reclused, with no friends and with a feeling of worthlessness and emptiness. Many of us are pretty normal guys that have had little to no relationship experience and who are looking for advice on this topic. And when people come and give you memes as advice (be confident, smile, shower, get haircut, etc) it's just infuriating.
>>
>>18621166
>4chan has always been for "normies"
>created by a literal weeb to discuss his waifu with his weeb friends
try again
>>
>>18621169
>It's a "let's trivialize his argument with a mix of strawmanning and gross exaggerations" episode
See >>18621189
>you were born this way
Yes.
>nothing you can do
Not much. Depends on individual circumstances.
>it's the fault of evil wymen and normies
Quote the exact parts of my posts where I explicitly said this. You can't because I didn't, stop pulling shit out of your ass.
>better shut yourself in the basement
haha all people who disagree with me are basement dwellers
>>
>>18621189
/adv/ differs from /r9k/ in that it's not an echo chamber of self-pity. You will be told to man up and stop being a faggot. Unfortunately, some special snowflakes think they deserve to be given a gf and a life and everything with some magical cheat code. And when they don't hear what they want to hear but the truth instead, they get all buttmad.
>>
>>18621212
>it's not an echo chamber of self-pity.
Absolutely. It's still an echo chamber, but on the other extreme.
/r9k/ tells people to direct their hate towards others because they have it easier, while /adv/ tells people that they can overcome anything regardless of their upbringing, circumstances, environment and genetics, and if they can't that's just because they're not trying hard enough.
Both boards are simply delusional.
>You will be told to man up and stop being a faggot
Another thing about /adv/ is its shitty "tough love" board culture. Needlessly aggressive posts containing extremely vague advice are the norm and are even considered good by most of the userbase.
>think they deserve to be given a gf and a life and everything with some magical cheat code
The amount of strawmen in your posts is baffling. Back up your claim with evidence.
>>
>>18621212
>>18621225
Also, I forgot to say that you didn't address any of the points >>18621189 made about developmental years being crucial to social success and being largely determinant for your adult life, and that you simply went on another tirade about your obsession with /r9k/.
>>
>>18621212
I dislike adv assuming that everybody who complains is doing nothing at all though.

I'm the guy from
>>18621129

I've done a lot of "self improvement" and I still have zero luck with girls. And every time I bring it up it's either because I'm doing it incorrectly, I'm a bad person(and women somehow smell it) or I'm lying

It's like this is a problem that happens to some people and they can't fix it even doing the normal advice and when they complain they just get insulted and end up becoming part of the incel crowd
>>
>>18621225
>/r9k/ tells people to direct their hate towards others because they have it easier, while /adv/ tells people that they can overcome anything regardless of their upbringing, circumstances, environment and genetics, and if they can't that's just because they're not trying hard enough.
>Both boards are simply delusional.
yeah and as idealistic and stupid as /adv/ may be it pushes you to do something with yourself instead of crying in your bed and spouting bile on image boards because you were somehow predestined to be a loser.
even if it doesn't help you to get a gf or shit it makes you work on your body/fight with your fears/act like a more mature person and challenge your beliefs etc and if you succed in one of those areas it may help you feel better even if you don't reach your goal
>>
>>18621237
That's not true. /adv/ is harmful as well because it tells you that your personal circumstances are largely irrelevant, and claims things that are theoretically true but practically impossible or unlikely, such as "anything can be done with hard work", and that if you don't succeed then it's entirely your fault.
>crying in your bed and spouting bile
Self improvement has nothing to do with either board though. I've seen many "just give up" threads on /adv/ and several threads about hobbies and personal goals on /r9k/. This doesn't change much of the boards' respective cultures.
>predestined to be a loser
Even if you put it in a dramatic way, it doesn't make it less true that some people are inherently inferior and will have to work much, much harder to attain mediocre results (if they even attain anything at all), to a point where it's hardly worth it.
>it may help you feel better
It may, or it may not.
>>
>>18619180
OP is kinda right you know. Confidence is reinforced by other people. If you are a bottom 5% male I would guess few people are giving you positive reinforcement, but having some confidence is better than having no self esteem.
>>
>>18621229
You need to start with self-reflection. What are you doing differently than other men who get girls just fine? Have you actually tried to make the effort to find a gf, such as setting up a dating site account?
>>
>>18621241
>self-improvement is harmful
okay
>>
>>18621258
How the fuck do you develop confidence without a a single positive reinforcing experience in your life?

How am I supposed to go "whoa man I'm so sexy" when not a SINGLE women has shown any outward interest in me?
>>
>>18621264
>greentexting something I never said
Keep doing that and not addressing any of the actual points I'm making, it's really making you look smart.
>>
>>18621265
Because not everything revolves around women. You have to take care of yourself, your family, about things important to you and having a stable living.
>>
>>18621272
>Because not everything revolves around women.
It literally does though. Humans are animals and our main purpose in life is to reproduce with the opposite sex. Holy shit, you normies are fucking retarded. Kill yourself.
>>
>>18621278
I propose a new rule: anyone using the word "normie" unironically be kicked back to /r9k/.
>>
>>18621272
I have all of those though. Still unconfident, turns out good family relations and a decent job don't solve le confidence meme.

>>18621262
I refuse to use online dating. I talk to girls irl but every single one is taken or doesn't like me.
>>
>>18621280
Go back to r9k then, worthless virgin. Change your attitude towards women and maybe you'll love your virginity.
>>
>>18621262
>What are you doing differently than other men who get girls just fine?
Being less physically attractive and good at socializing, for starters.
>Have you actually tried
Just because someone is unsuccessful doesn't imply they haven't "actually tried"
>>18621280
>he made a point in his post
>instead of refuting it I'll get angry because he used a buzzword I don't like
Good job
>>18621283
>Change your attitude towards women
>implying any of the previous posts have anything to do with hating women
You seem confused.
>>
>>18621278
If you want want to reduce yourself to an simple minded animal go ahead, live in the ghetto while your at it. You'll get all the easy vagina you can get with a few bucks and gram of weed.

>you normies are fucking retarded

Am anything but a normie, I just don't put women on a pedestal. You seem frustrated so i'll tell you a secret: Females of the species always choose, if you make it your purpose in life to only have sex and no female is attracted to you might as well Sudoku.
>>
File: 1499317469790.png (175KB, 1274x516px) Image search: [Google]
1499317469790.png
175KB, 1274x516px
>>18621303
>he thinks he's anything more than a simple minded animal
>>
>>18621307
We are not simple minded animals, just look at your screen.
>>
>>18621330
What are we then? Did you even read what was written in the picture I posted?
>>
>>18621332
Homo sapiens like OP.
>>
>>18621287
What about the other men who are not physically attractive and still pull girls?
>>
>>18621282
>I want a gf
>but I don't want to do anything that would result in a gf
>>
>>18621353
>the other men who are not physically attractive and still pull girls?
You mean the guys who have money/very high social status or who settle for an ugly girl?
>>18621356
Online dating is complete shit. Most people don't have to resort to online dating in order to find a relationship.
>>
>>18621338
Doesn't change anything. We're still animals driven by biological imperatives.
>>
>>18621282
I suggest talking to a competent therapist. The issue lies not in your un-attractiveness or women, it's your perception. Don't let the shallowness of people and this society absorb you.
>>
>>18621360
Online dating is definitely not shit. Why would you think that?
>>
>>18621364
>The issue lies not in your un-attractiveness
>it's your perception
I'm not that person, but what makes you think that? Especially since you mention people being shallow right after.
>>18621371
Because I've tried it for long enough and on enough websites/apps that I have a good idea of what it's like. But you'll probably dismiss that as anecdotal.
>>
>>18621377
I have met girls, including my gf, from online dating. But you'll probably dismiss that as anecdotal.
>>
>>18621391
Ok, that's good. You're probably attractive enough for it to work.
>>
>>18621364
I don't want therapy. I'm a working individual except for the fact my love and sexual life is 100% dead. But that's not a big enough issue to justify therapy.
>>
>>18621396
I'm fortunate enough to have good looks, but that helps nothing if I wouldn't have made the effort to create a good profile, message girls, get ignored and rejected, ghosted after a date, and so on. I didn't give up after one half assed attempt.
>>
>>18621407
>I'm fortunate enough to have good looks
Don't kid yourself, your success is mostly due to this.
Assuming that I gave up after one half-assed attempt is stupid.
>>
>>18621407
>I have good looks and I still got rejected and ghosted
>this mean you ugly fucks can totally do this lol jus b urself
>>
>>18621414
Just smile and say hi and you'll be plowing her in no time man
>>
>>18621677
Honestly it's not plowing a girl anymore but an actual loving and caring relationship.
>>
>>18622467
Have you tried being yourself?
Thread posts: 109
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.