[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psycology meme question

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: Concentration.jpg (141KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Concentration.jpg
141KB, 1440x1080px
Initially was going to post this on /sci/ but realised they would tell me to go to /adv/.
The problem: When ever I'm trying to read, study concentrate on a topic or sleep I tend to loose focus and run over hypothetical scenarios in my mind or begin to ponder non-related topics. Once I begin to think about these topics my mind seems to be locked onto the topic and won't stop thinking about it no matter how I try to distract myself from it. Many of these "what if" scenarios might include topics such as; What if I was arrested for a crime and went to court how would I defend myself (even though I haven't done anything or don't plan to), what if this person died, how would I react, what if I was studying this instead of what I'm doing and more. These thought can distract me for hours and takes away from my day.
Perhaps there's some subconscious part of my mind that worries about this as some sort of survival instinct or what ever. Dunno
Spoken to a councilor about this but they said it's normal to an extent and suggested I try some different things to keep my mind off it.
So I tried different kinds of music and it sometimes works for maybe an hour which allows me to get some work done but then I generally start thinking about the music itself and become distracted (themes, instruments, etc).
I exercise, which works while I'm exercising but generally I go back to pondering useless things afterwards.

I drink a lot sometimes to stop this as I can sit and actually enjoy things without thinking.
I honestly don't think this sort of behavior is healthy and affects my grades and my social relationships (I tend to be a cunt when someone doesn't know something I know without meaning to).
Perhaps its autism. who knows.

In short I have concentration issues.
Like I should be reading a book right now but I just can't concentrate due to thinking about not concentrating and the reasons for not concentrating.

What do?
>>
Yes.

Read Scattered, by Gabor Mate. It's critical for people with ADD. You might not have it, but if you read the book you'll know, and have strategies to deal with it.

Source: I've had ADD + struggled with this for 22 years and I'm very high-functioning, can sit and read entire books.

Coffee helps, and fucks with you less than scrip meds.

Drinking and weed can help a lot, but that means they're tons more addictive.
>>
>>18618761
my post

If you need more reading materials, email me at (throwaway) helpnstuff AT g mail dot com. I have sympathy for this.
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.