[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Surgery and anesthesia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Surgery.jpg (264KB, 1200x695px) Image search: [Google]
Surgery.jpg
264KB, 1200x695px
Going for a surgery in a few days and everybody keeps saying how awful it is to wake up from anesthesia. I wanna hear your experiences and advice.
>>
You MAY throw up a couple times and be light headed and wobbly. Its really not too bad.
>>
>>18618683
it's better than not waking up.
>>
Pre-surgery to post is like a snap of the fingers. It's a bit jarring. If you feel nauseous, they should give you drugs for it.
>>
>>18618683
when I woke up from anaesthesia I couldn't see well. I could hear everything and could see a little but couldn't open my eyes for too long. movement was fine but I was laying down for all of it. took some time for the nurses to move me out. its just like sleep but you are awake.
>>
It's better than not being under during the surgery.

I was supposed to be put under for my wisdom teeth extraction (4 teeth) but I guess it wasn't enough because I was awake for it. Just laid there with a napkin over my eyes cause the surgeon was getting creeped out by my staring
>>
After my surgery when i woke up I felt the most dizzy I ever have and threw up on myself a few times. You just feel like shit, but if you fall back asleep it goes away and then youre fine. DO NOT try to lift your head right away thats what got me spinning
>>
>>18618683
Are you getting fully put under, or are you getting twilight anesthesia?
>>
i went under last week. propofol.

i woke up and felt fine. knew exactly where i was, no vomiting etc

this is coming from a girl who pukes on one vicodin
>>
>>18618683
I had my tonsils removed something around 10 years ago at the age of 15 (again approximately).

My throat hurt after but waking up itself was just like from any sleep.

Don't worry. You always hear stories only about bad anesthesia because there isn't really much to a good anesthesia.
>>
I was 10 years old from an emergency appendectomy about to burst. The tech that was there was I first awoke (and I was super groggy) asked me if I like football and I said 'yes'. He then went on to explain an NFL player who recovered a fumble and ran it 60 yards at the opposite direction to his opponents end-zone, resulting for a safety for his team. Then he said, what you're going through right now, is not worse then what that guy went through, and it'll all be fine. Maybe it was because I was a sporty kid and played football and all the other sports, but it comforted me.
>>
Its hard for me to wake up, I swear I remember a voice telling me to "come here" multiple times it was a deep voice. Then I heard my dad saying my name & saying its time to wake up. I got really confused but woke up for 10 secs.. Then fell asleep for a few hours again. When I woke they tried to get me to walk, but I passed out once they got me up & almost busted my head haha... Everyone reacts differently tho.
>>
I have gone through general anaesthesia 4 times already. When you are in the surgery room and they inject it into you it's awesome how you start feeling dizzier and dizzier until your vision goes extremely blurry and you just fall asleep. When I wake up from anaesthesia I tend to say weird stuff, specially when I open my eyes for the first time. When I was 14 I asked a nurse if I had had an erection while on the surgery room and she said no. Last time a guy was supposed to carry me (I was in a portable bed) to a room (post surgery) and I was thanking him constantly for carrying me. I said "thanks" constantly. He didn't say anything and just kept carrying me until we arrived, and he told me I had thanked him 6 times in total. For me how dizzy I get depends on the dose of the anaesthesia. In some surgeries I have been so dizzy it took me 3 hours to be able to get out of the bed and 2 more to leave the hospital. Last one I could get out of bed instantly and went home in half an hour. It can feel weird, but for me it's an interesting experience. It shouldn't be too bad for you :)
>>
My first experience was pretty bad, I got very confused and I tried to jump up off the gurney and leave the room. Luckily I had nurses around to stop me from yanking out the IV, but everyone is different, you may just feel out of it or some nausea.
>>
>>18618683
I got my wisdom teeth surgery a year ago and they put my under for it. It's pretty jarring and I went from awake and waiting for the surgery to awake with blood in my hands.
>>
>>18618683
Went under due to appendicitis, all I really remember was the doctor telling me to count down from 100, got to like ~95 and then suddenly it was over. Didn't really feel nauseous or anything.
>>
>>18618683
There's a chance you will attempt to molest your nurse in which case you'll end up with a felony charge and spend a year in jail and all of the other inmates will know why you're there and one of them named ryan will molest you daily and also take half of your food and when you finally get out your family disowned you so you have to struggle on your own but you can't handle it so you turn to heroin and become an addict and then end up back in jail and ryan is still in there and he treats you even worse so you tie your shoelaces around your neck and around the door knob and sit down so it strangles you but someone finds you and calls the guards so now you're stuck in the psych ward being abused daily but they do let you use a computer for rehabilitation on sunday so that's cool.
>>
>>18618683
Depends on what kind of surgery you are going to do, normally you are going to feel rly week and sleppy and most likely in pain
>>
You will feel uncomfortable, in pain and about to throw up. Imagine sleepless night with stomach infection.

But for me, losing consciousness before the operation was even worse.
Doc told me to count from 10 to 0 in my mind, when I was at 6 my sight went crazy blurry and I felt like dying
>>
>>18618683
I didn't experience any problems, just take things slow. For me it was just like a regular wake up, but afterwards I was really forgetfull for an hour.
>>
>>18618683
For me the worst part is your mouth is really dry and sore throat from that breathing tube they shove down there, but they don't let you drink liquid for a while and instead make you suck on an ice cube.

It's torture desu
>>
My experience was wonderful. My memory cuts off some time after entering the OR and resumes while resting comfortably in recovery. I wasn't groggy or sick at all. I did ask for an extra blanket because surgery gowns are thin as fuck. I think it was about as perfect an experience as it's meant to be. No dreams or anything. Just two separate moments in time spliced together with the middle bit removed.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.