[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Neet trying to change

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: fast-food-logos.jpg (187KB, 1000x541px) Image search: [Google]
fast-food-logos.jpg
187KB, 1000x541px
I've never had a job before, I'm 18, and can't think of any place to work at besides fast food.
>what should I expect?

>is it as bad as people say it is?

>is the actual job itself difficult?

And finally, what are some tips about what I could do to have a higher chance of getting hired? (Things to say during interview, dress, etc.) I would ask people IRL but I don't have many friends who'd bother answering these.
>>
>>18618622
Quit being a limp dick and join a construction company, or the military.
>>
Work retail you just have to look decent and depending where you work you can make good money
>>
>what should I expect?

not enough hours

>>is it as bad as people say it is?

depends on the culture of the place you work at, if the people actually care about their jobs there, then yes, it can be a pretty alright job, but if they don't and you're left to do everything, it can be pretty bad.

>>is the actual job itself difficult?

usually no
>>
Don't work in food. You smell.of food in your clothes 24/7 and becomes brutal.

If you have to do food do an ice cream shop or candy store.
>>
What should I expect?
Expect 7.50 and expect to spend 8 hours on your feet and then expect to be taxed because lul
>is it as bad as people say it is?
Not really just get into a daily grind and it's not so bad
>is the actual job itself difficult?
No not at all unless you work drive through then it's a bitch

General tips in an interview is shit like I don't drink or smoke so I won't be late and don't take 16 smoke breaks per day , also hard worker
>>
>>18618689
>>18618686
Also a grocery store is good. It's like retail but customers aren't as shitty.
>>
>>18618622
McDonalds fag here. I've worked at Maccies since last November and would honestly recommend it. The work done is not challenging unless it gets really busy but that's usually 12:00 while 2:00 on a weekend. Not sure if it's like this in Fatland but in Britain the hours are flexible and there's no set day for you to work, one week you could work Sunday, the next you may not. Payment is minimum but for the work you do it's really good.

I also got my first girlfriend from working there. McDonalds helped me escape being kissless.
>>
>>18618622
If you ever work food, work until you get at least a year's experience.
>What should I expect
In the kitchen of an actual restaurant? Brutal, bipolar, blitzkriegs of days that thankfully your body can get used to, but your mind won't.
Oh, and your coworkers are usually cunts.
>Is it as bad as people say it is?
In actual restaurants? Yes. Even worse if you anticipate being a cook, because all the pressure's on you at that point. You make a decent bit of scratch, but the cash won't remedy your now-blossomed clinical depression.
>Is the actual job itself difficult?
Even with grunt work, yes. The thing about working in a restaurant is that your body gets conditioned to endure it. Eventually it will get easy, but as it gets 'easier', more bullshit's tacked on like getting your hours cut for some bullshit reason, or your hours are flipped because your worthless portuguese coworker's decided to take a vacation.

So, while it's a mix, it's basically a yes. Physically easier as time passes, but some bullshit conditions happen that make it harder.

If you can endure a year and you're only paying roommate rent, gtfo and for the love of god, save until you can study something genuinely profitable.
>>
>>18618622
i think you should apply to Target instead of fast food. it's easy to get hired and they pay pretty well, not as soul crushing as walmart
>>
expect everything to be new and a bit stressful. then it will quickly become routine and you'll hate your life even more than you do now
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.