[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Im in 2 year rut. I need help

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: Stuck in a rut.png (107KB, 223x226px) Image search: [Google]
Stuck in a rut.png
107KB, 223x226px
Long story short... My longtime gf cheated on me and my Father died within a week of each other. Flash forward to now... Its been 2 years since this happened. I stopped working out and got fat. I went from a A student to dropping out. I was very social and was good with women now I never leave my house or talk to anyone. I have no drive to do anything with my life. I have signed up for fall classes but I'm concerned if I can push through it. What can I do to get my old life back.
>>
>>18618434
a free bump for you
>>
>>18618434
Principle of inertia applies here - an object at motion tends to stay in motion, an object at rest tends to stay at rest.

Which means, the first steps are gonna be the hardest, and you're really gonna have to push to get yourself in motion again. But once you get the ball rolling, it gets easier every day.

Make a routine and stick to it. Don't beat yourself up over the days that you slip, just get right back on the horse the next day. Wake yourself up early and exercise, spend some time outside your house in public, call a friend or family member and talk to them.

If you can spend the rest of the month getting used to simple activities like this, you'll already be much better off when you start your classes in the fall. Don't give yourself an excuse to blow off those fall classes.

You can do it, anon, just take it one step at a time.
>>
>>18618616
I agreee

But with one caveat

You can't do it, if IT is getting your old life back.

You're changed, and you're sad, and you will be for a while. There's something to push through.

Jordan Peterson's advice is helpful here.

Think about where you are. Write it down. All the shitty bits.

Think about where you want to be. Write it down. All the good bits.

Think about the broad steps you need to get there. Write them down, in broad strokes.

Think about the smaller, attainable steps you can take to get to that first step. Write about those and set up a schedule to start achieving them.

The basic principle is to break something up into smaller steps if it's too daunting, and repeat until you CAN do something because the only true failure is inaction.
>>
>>18618616
Thanks. I will try to keep a routine. Ill try these small steps.
>>18618625
I will try this as well
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.