[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

blackness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

File: image06.jpg (354KB, 1336x1600px) Image search: [Google]
image06.jpg
354KB, 1336x1600px
So by American standards, I'm a black dude. But am I a nigger simply because of that?

I understand that I have no control over how anyone may perceive me no matter what I do, but am I really a nigger/nigga as a result of my skin tone?

It's a ridiculous concept that I still can't grapple with. Why can't I just be a human being primarily, and have that natural truth be the foundation of any interaction I have--where ever I go? wtf do you do?

How should I view myself and the country I was born into?
>>
For most people below actual Racists, niggerdom is a category of personality not necessarily skin tone. For example a white guy that acts gangsta is a nigger. But a black guy that has a job, does it well, and isn't a menace to society is meerly a black guy. I've known (black) niggers that enunciate properly and black people that speak hood. It's all about how you are and how you act (in most cases).
>>
>>18616870
I'm not American, but I'm mixed race as well.
There isn't an answer.
You don't belong to anyone people.

Get rich and then fuck everyone else
>>
Pretty much >>18616892.
If you dress and talk like a hood rat, and act like an ape, then you're a nigger. If you don't, then you're not.
Same rules for white trash.
>>
>>18616870
in my experience growing up in racist small town idaho, even people who dont like black people as a group still treat black individuals with respect in normal every day life. id say the biggest thing is that racists are more likely to judge someone harshly and hold more scrutiny and mistrust towards other races at first.

if i were black id try to distance myself from black/ghetto culture as much as possible but otherwise i wouldnt think much else would be different.
>>
>>18616892
>>18616901

I thank you both for your clarity.

It's a mentality more than anything then.
>>
>>18616895
>You don't belong to anyone people.

I liked that.. so are you suggesting that we belong to ourselves and not any populations we find ourselves amongst?
>>
>>18616903
Alright, you got me curious.

Why would you distance yourself? Are you distanced from the equivalent of your skin tone?
>>
>>18616999
>so are you suggesting that we belong to ourselves and not any populations we find ourselves amongst?
I've grappled with that for a while
The answer is ultimately yes
You are just you. You are alone and nothing but yourself

But man, that's lonely. Sometimes you just want to belong.
That's why people join crazy ass groups and cults and shit.
If you don't have an identity, anyone who offers an identity is very attractive
>>
>>18617001
i'm just saying if you are insecure about being black and/or being treated "as a black" then be mindful of black stereotypes that people dislike so you can avoid them.

don't buy fubu and seanjohn and the like
don't buy depreciating assets like rims and jewelry
don't listen to future and migos
don't do drugs or disrespect the law
don't be loud, obnoxious, aggressive

honestly if youre making posts on the internet trying to be a better person than youre already ahead of the curve and probably have nothing to worry about. hold yourself to a high standard and you will go far in life and race will never hold you back.
>>
>>18616870
Embrace it brotha.

White people are getting all the flack these days.
>>
>>18616870
Black people don't commit crime , niggers do so basically you can be white , Asian , Mexican , black and still be a nigger if you commit crime
>>
>>18616870
like, what percent black? im 40% i dont say nigger
>>
>>18616892
>For example a white guy that acts gangsta is a nigger.
Actually that's a wigger. There is a science to this process and it must be respected.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63DORtkeIjQ&feature=youtu.be&t=90
>>
>>18616870

No lad it's purely a cultural concept.

Like, would you consider Barack Obama or goddamn Denzel Washington 'niggers'? Fuck no, they're black men. And badass motherfuckers at that.

I personally have to say though, while for many people 'nigger'dom automatically entails a loss of respect, this is not the case for me personally. For example, certain people like Lil Wayne and Jay Z that present themselves as [alpha] 'niggas' are actually highly intelligent and shrewd businesspeople, and I respect them for that.

Also keep in mind that rap music is massively popular around the world.

So basically:
-Nigger/nigga is a culture and therefore not necessarily a given characteristic in any [black] individual
-While usually the case, 'nigga' culture does not necessarily warrant lack of respect
>>
>>18617005
>If you don't have an identity, anyone who offers an identity is very attractive

this is the truth behind fundamentalism AND identity politics. Take it to critical heart.

>>18616870
>Why can't I just be a human being primarily, and have that natural truth be the foundation of any interaction I have--where ever I go? wtf do you do?

you can be in so much as how you chose to act and what groups you chose to formulate a relationship with, and what you base that relationship on.

For example, do you identify with any friends who are black on the basis of yours and their black-ness? If yes, what defines that black-ness? Skin tone? Shared cultural experiences? and lastly, does your identity with those people come before your individual identity? example: have you ever uttered the phrase "as a black man..." before something else?
>>
You should try to be an example of an upstanding person of the black community. That doesn't mean that you're fated to be an Afro-American spokesperson, it just means that you should try to be as good as a person as you can be, without having race be a contributing or detrimental factor. You might get some rejection from both sides, but as long as you keep producing results you can only make things better.
Do you watch Tommy Sotomayor? He does a lot of videos about drama or petty stuff, but his opinions on the black community in America are very on point and have helped a lot of people.
>>
Trash exists in all races. Black people have niggers, white people have white trash, Hispanics have cholos etc. it mostly boils down to your parenting. If your parents actually gave a shit while raising you then you'll grow up to be a good person, regardless of your race.
>>
>>18616870
not murican but fellow pol poster, so from what i've read being a nigger is more about how you behave. you can be a great hard working black man that has lot of respect from white people, or dress up ghetto style singing busta rhymes and shot up the booze store and be a nigger
>>
>>18616870
Nigger != black/african-american/person of color.
There are plenty of white niggers around,
Nigger refers to behavioral traits.

Same distinction exists between Gay and Faggot - they're not necessarily linked.
Stephen Fry - Gay
Justin Bieber - Faggot
>>
>>18617567
>be an example of an upstanding person of the black community.

>>18617567
>be as good as a person as you can be, without having race be a contributing or detrimental factor.

pick one.
>>
>>18616870
Stop getting hung up on stupid shit.
If nigger wasnt part of the language, youd all be labeled as something else when people speak poorly of you or others like you.

Everyone can be assigned into groups based on shared traits, and every group can be demonized by and for those traits. Welcome to life.

Why do you care what a bunch of niggers do or think?
>>
>>18617590
I'm saying be a good person who happens to be black. Not a person who is good because or in spite of his race.
>>
>>18617598

then why would it matter if he was black in the first place?

the two views are in conflict to the sentiment OP is trying to address. He even told you:

>>18616870
>Why can't I just be a human being primarily,
>>
>>18617622
That's more about being a role model for other blacks. If you feel that your race and by extent your personhood is defined by criminal hoodlums, the most impact you can do against that is be a better person than that.
>>
>>18617628

If you place your racial identification above characteristics which define you as an individual, and when describing that race you are forced to attribute unfavorable but factual generalizations to that identity, then you are basically handicapping yourself out of the starting gate.

You will always view everything not as an individual, but instead as a member of a certain group and through the filter of how you defined that group's terms to yourself.

>>18617628
>That's more about being a role model for other blacks.

how about you just be a fucking role model for everyone? Why would it be preferable to be a role model for blacks? If you are a vitruous person, shouldn't that be a role model of everyone? Or is this a sentiment that other races are not as in need of role models as black people? Or that black people should be the only ones to benefit from a black role model?

you see how quickly this becomes idiotic?
>>
>>18617593
OP here

I guess you're right, it's more about the mentality than the objective truth of someone's character.

For instance, there are people who genuinely looked at Michelle Obama and thought she was an ape. The former First Lady of the United States

It is stupid at the end of the day, maybe that's why I can't make sense of it. I only care because we're all human, all of us.
>>
>>18617014
Thanks anon, I'm definitely stepping myself up

I just don't want to use my skin as a handicap like a lot of people I know
>>
>>18617014
While most of this is just general solid advice, doing a couple of these should not define OP as a "nigger". Especially considering whites do a lot of that shit and are still considered to be "upstanding citizens". That's outdated racist thinking that black people have to be docile & obedient to be considered anything but the worst kind of person. And honestly, most people will see a black person who is educated, law abiding and mild mannered and still find a reason to call them a "nigger".

OP, as someone who was once in your predicament, I'd tell you to definitely stop giving a shit what people think. Humans are ultimately selfish and most won't give a damn what kind of person you are because they're more comfortable sticking to their own perceptions, accurate or not.

Broaden your horizons and do different things with different people and only stick to those that make you feel right. Don't try to justify yourself with anybody because they will never actually give a shit.
>>
>>18616870
You're a nigger if someone is pissed at you. It's a fucking insult. Many of the times someone does nothing do to piss people off, besides existing, and they'll call them a nigger. People even use nigger against non-blacks they don't like. It's just an easy word to cause offence when no other insults come to mind. Think of it like other slurs such as gook, limey, cracker, spic, chink, kraut, taig, wog, swamp-nigger, sand-nigger, snow-nigger, *insert common geographical feature of the people you don't like*-nigger.

As for:
>Why can't I just be a human being primarily, and have that natural truth be the foundation of any interaction I have--where ever I go?
You are to most people. But there'll always be people who don't like you for things you have no control over. This applies whatever race you are.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.