[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup /adv/ I feel like weed has a pretty negative impact on my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: maxresdefault.jpg (376KB, 4096x2160px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
376KB, 4096x2160px
Sup /adv/

I feel like weed has a pretty negative impact on my life ever since I started smoking alone. I still struggle with quitting and yesterday was my first sober day in 7 months. Afterwards I realized that I was hella bored. Anyone have advice on how to quit or hobbies you used to take up your time?
>>
>>18616813

nope not really, i'm in the same boat where it feels like it embellishes whatever state of mind im in, which tends to be negative
>>
>>18616813
Fuuuuck I went 3 days then ended up smoking again today. I kept chain smoking cigarettes because with weed I don't feel the need to smoke as much. Ive been smoking everyday for a year just to cope with problems. I'm also in the same boat.
>>
I left my social life for weed and videogames. I spent 5 years smoking everyday alone.

23 atm. If you value your social and dating life and feel weed negativly impacts these i suggest you quit now. For me it took hitting rock bottom to decide to quit.

4 days sober now. It's easy once you decide enough is enough.
>>
>>18616961

feel free to ask me questions.
>>
>>18616813
i quit weed a little over a month ago, theres a friendly community on reddit , r/leaves, theyre all about quiting weed, go to them if yo have any questions . really helpful people there.
>>
>>18616967
How do you feel after a month?
>>
>>18616961
>>18616967
What things have you been doing to distract yourself? I've been hitting the gym and reading.
>>
i quit 7 years ago after being a daily smoker for almost 10 years. it becomes exponentially easier the longer you abstain. i used to promise myself id do it once a month then once a year and now i dont even want to take a little puff. the longer you are away from the drug the better your will feel so just remember that.
>>
>>18616991

nothing so far. I havent done shit the last 3 years. I did do some work on my car today tho. Been browing the internet and making plans to return to school, where to live etc so ive been busy with that.

Im gonna begin school soon and start my dating life + work on my body.

There is so much to do to distract urself the only problem is actually doing it.

Fuck i wish i never started smoking weed.
>>
>>18616989
right now? like shit. i find when i have downtime i start to get depressed about certain things in my life. but when it comes to withdrawls im pretty much done with those, i can sleep ok , my dreams have settled down a little, but its still tough and i need more recovery time. i was hittin the gym daily till injured my wrists, besides work and gym i havnt had anything to do. i cut out all of my friends who i used to smoke with
>>
>>18616813
I literally marathoned Galactic Civilizations III for two weeks straight in all my spare time. By the time the game had reached its terminal stages, I'd passed the withdrawal stages (which is basically just cravings and boredom) and I no longer smoke at all, period. Before that I hadn't had a sober day in two and a half years.

Don't let pot become a habit, kids. It really does make you a lazy piece of shit thats okay with living like a toad. I hate weed now.
>>
>>18617024

Don't let pot become a habit, kids. It really does make you a lazy piece of shit thats okay with living like a toad. I hate weed now.

exactly what happened with me.
>>
>>18616996
What made you want to quit? And has your life improved since the day you quit?
>>
>>18616822
Yep this, I'm horribly short fused when I go without smoking so my breaks dont last long. Usually a combo of boredom and nothing being interesting enough to do sober. I would like to quit, but I feel like I need to be stuck somewhere where I 100% cannot get it for a few days.
>>
>>18617024
What are ways you used to quit?
>>
>>18617039
Just that one. Bury myself in something for extended periods. Action games wouldn't work because I get burned out or bored, so I went and played strategy.
>>
I smoked almost daily for a bit over 10 years, and 'quit' about a year, and a half ago (maybe smoked 4-5 times in that period).
Despite the fact that I smoked alone all the time, a big factor was changing settings (going back to school), not being in a social setting (house full of weed smokers, not buying (this is huge).

I think the thing about weed is that you can spend years being a 'functional' stoner never really reaching a critical juncture, and unfortunately, that can deter you from ever changing.

If you can make it a month or so it becomes much easier, physical withdraw is minimal. After a period, it actually becomes physically uncomfortable to smoke which makes it easier to maintain.

I don't hate weed, but after a while you have to consider it does not make you any better at life.
>>
>>18617171
I'm 20 and currently attend community college. I live at home with my parents and step brother, all of whom smoke. Hard to change my surroundings when I live with them.
>>
>>18617261
That's a bit of a pickle, telling them that you're considering quitting so they know not to enable you/offer can go a long way. Most peeps get it.
>>
>>18617024
>Don't let pot become a habit, kids. It really does make you a lazy piece of shit thats okay with living like a toad.
This so fucking much, only 20 but becoming a stoner was a pretty shitty decision on my end, resulted in me flunking outta college and fucking up financially so now Im 2k in debt to collections. It sucks being a piece of shit, which my dumb ass has come to realize much later than I should've. Have been trying to move steps towards bettering my life, but the stress and finding the ambition is rather difficult. Only thing that's had me motivated lately is the idea of being able to put my mom in a nice big house instead of the shithole we live in now mooching off of her the way I do.
>>
You just have to deal with a few days of boredom and depression, there is no way around it. If you've smoked regularly for 7 months, you need some time how to feel without the use of weed again. Also THC is liposoluble and stays in your system a bit longer than most other drugs, which is why you can still have psychological withdrawal symptoms after a few weeks.

I smoked about 2 grams of weed daily for roughly three years and it took me more than a month before I started feeling like myself again. Still a month of feeling bored and having stomach problems, not knowing what to do with myself and feeling empty is preferable to just continuing smoking and spending all day, every day doing nothing at all.

Smoking weed is fine, you just shouldn't let it become a habit to the point where you are more often high than sober. As with everything else in life, moderation is key.
>>
>>18617919
You're right. All about moderation. If my smoking habits continued like they did through highschool (only ever smoking with friends and at parties) then I don't think I'd be in the situation I'm in now. My weekly routine is work 9-5 and then the second I get home, take a dab or smoke a joint then play video games. And my weekends have turned into wake and bake gaming sessions..
>>
>>18616813
Just stop you undisciplined bitch
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.