[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sixteen Credit Hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_20161226_222011_565.gif (503KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161226_222011_565.gif
503KB, 540x540px
Starting college and I have sixteen Credit hours. I didn't initially intend for this but my school has a mandatory introduction class.

I'm not sure if I can handle this much. Again it sound like a lot but I'm also thinking that a class about college couldn't be that hard... Right?

Any advice will be great.
>>
>>18616773
College is super hard. Imagine being retarded and having to learn rocket science. Yeah kid, you're fucked

JK I'm starting college too but don't think it'll be hard. Scored good on the bio and an English class which will give me at least 6 credits going in. If it's anything like the classes I took to do those, it'll be easy.

Junior, senior, and if you make it to grad school will fuck you up.
>>
I did 18 credit hours only because they refused to let me take more

its honestly not that bad unless you're in a music conservatory or something super intensive

personally high school was more difficult
>>
>>18616773
At my school 16 was the minimum to be considered full-time.
>>
>>18616773
Expect to spend at least an equal amount of time out of class working as you do working in class. That said, you should be taking AT LEAST 15 credit hours per semester, ideally 18-21.

College isn't about living. It's about busting your ass to get out ASAP so you can start earning money.
>>
>>18616773
> it sound like a lot
no it doesn't
>>
College is similar to midterm or final exam weeks only every day and you pick your own schedule. Basically, just read the textbook chapter that's relevant to your lesson and take notes in class and you'll be fine
>>
>>18617739
What useless degree are you going for?
>>
>>18616844
>>18617728
Okay, feeling a little better thanks guys.
>>
Introductory classes, in my experience, are a free A with minimal work. Don't fret about it.
>>
>>18616773
as long as you're only working 15 hours or less per week that's perfectly fine.
>>18617730
not sure how it works in whatever third world country you live in, but in america his 12 credit hours is 12 hours in class per week and 36 studying and doing homework. so 48 hours per week learning.
>>
18-19 hours per semester Master race here. You pay per semester, get your money's worth.
>>
>>18618445
Went to a top 10 engineering school, BTW.
>>
>>18616773
This is the basically the purpose of college. You have to learn to balance your work, social and personal life and by the end of your degree you'll be far more productive and a more balanced person overall.

I got into my university by the skin of my teeth (as it happens the department I studied in had a smaller number of appkications than usual so they dropped the requirements which was how I got in) and in my first semester I was often crying myself to sleep due to the stress. By final year I was getting higher than average grades in all of my subjects and even came top of the year in 2 of them.

You can do it, slugger.
>>
>>18618445
Which school did you go to where you pay per semester? Every university I've seen in america you pay per credit hour.
>>
>>18618492
You must have not looked very hard. At every college I've ever heard of, you're paying the same price for 16 hours as you pay for 19 hours. You pay less if you take less than 12, but anything 12 and up is typically the same price unless you try to take over 20.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.