[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ex tried contacting me, I ignored her, starting to regret it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: plzrespond.jpg (28KB, 395x395px) Image search: [Google]
plzrespond.jpg
28KB, 395x395px
So long story short, my ex dumped me for another guy and we kept in touch for a few weeks. I then decided I couldn't do this anymore and just flat out ghosted her. She left me an e-mail about two weeks ago asking me why I did this and I chose not to reply to it. Right now I'm feeling more and more regretful and am feeling like I should at least tell her why I did it. What does /adv/ think?
>>
dont regret, u did a good job. keep ignoring her
>>
>>18616215
Will do. Any tips to resist the temptations? My main reason to maybe contact her is that we were dating for 2.5 years prior to our breakup and ending it like that kinda leaves a sour taste in my mouth, despite how much she wronged me before and after our breakup.
>>
>>18616260
Honestly meeting with new people kept me diatracted from contacting my ex after a break up. Even just online chats & stuff.
>>
Dude, she broke up with you to be with someone else.

The only reason she could have for still wanting to talk to you is to have you as a back up if this new dick doesn't work out.

Make her live with her choices.

You need to find someone else.
>>
>>18616289
Yeah I'm doing that right now (even almost landed a date but she choked the day before) and while it kinda helps, it doesn't totally erase those feelings
>>18616303
Yeah trust me, I know better than anyone else how much of a bitch move that is. Just needed someone else to tell me I guess.
>>
She feels guilty and wants to assuage her bad feelings. Keep ignoring her. If anything it will make you seem more stoic and manly.
>>
Y'all are so annoying.

Obviously you both need closure and it's bothering you both. Message her and tell her why you did it. Then leave the situation alone.
>>
>>18616338
>muh stoicism

Shut up
>>
>>18616359
Knowing her she'll probably try to ask me not to leave (she tricked me before). How should I go about it if I do end up messaging her?
>>
>>18616388

"Hello,

We are not in a relationship anymore, so please stop contacting me. I will built a future with someone better. Good-bye."

Or something that clearly conveys that you're not going to be her beta orbiter. Personally, ghosting had worked best for me because, after the relationship ends, what more is there to say? You don't owe her anything. The only reason to keep contact is to avoid guilt.

Best ways to get over it: time, new people and new experiences (visit a new town or try a new hobby), but the absolute best way to break extreme lovesickness is to remove reminders of that person. Pictures, messages, gifts, whatever. They just remind you of the happy times and keep you holding on longer. You start living for the past and can never build a new future.
>>
>>18616504
Sounds good. I'll keep ignoring her and if she messages me again I'll hit her with something like that.
>>
>>18616504
This is petty and will make you seem like a teenager. If you send that message, you'll roll your eyes at yourself in a year.

Let's inject some perspective here. It's completely understandable for you to feel hurt and angry after she left you for another guy, but it's not like she cheated on you (at least you haven't written anything about it if she did). Being spiteful isn't going to make you feel any better, trust me. It never does. (Fantasizing about it absolutely can, though, so go fucking nuts and write whatever you want, just don't send it.)

Your message should be short and polite without being ingratiating. Keep your dignity. Something along the lines of,

"I've thought about it, and I don't think we should keep in contact. Please don't message me again. Best of luck, goodbye."

I'm sure there are people here who'll call me a "cuck" for not telling her to fuck off, but the truth is, being the bigger person is 1000x more satisfying in the long run, and snarking at her will just confirm to her that you're still thinking about her. Courteous disinterest will eat her alive.
>>
>>18616556
>This is petty
why does this matter? he's not going for a nice guy award here, if he feels better letting of some steam then so be it. he shouldn't be replying in the first place, but if he does and acts like a cunt, that's her problem. i'm not going to call you a cuck, because i would handle it in the same way you would. i just don't see an issue in taking the other way either. they aren't together, it doesn't matter if he makes an ass of himself or pisses her off.
>>
>>18616388
>How should I go about it if I do end up messaging her?
Block her number, change the name "do not call or text".
>>
>>18616556
Thing is she led me on a week prior to our break up (broke up with me, then changed her mind when I told her I didn't want to talk to her anymore). Does that change anything?
>>
>>18616561
>it doesn't matter if he makes an ass of himself
Sure it does. But maybe I was unclear - it's not about sparing her feelings, it's about keeping his dignity. "Blowing off steam" can be satisfying in the moment but once that wears off (and it wears off quickly) it just makes you feel icky and embarrassed and ashamed. It makes you look weak.

>if he feels better letting of some steam then so be it
He won't feel better, that's my point.
>>
>>18616597
you wouldn't feel better if you did that. he might.
>>
>>18616601
She'd deserve all the shit I have to give her, but I'm afraid that she'd just laugh it off and I'd make an ass of myself in the process.
>>
>>18616613
That's exactly what I'm saying. That's a smart voice in your head, listen to it.

You don't have to wish her best of luck, though, if you just can't bring yourself to type those words. It's fine to just end your message with a simple "goodbye."
>>
I'm back lads. Looks like it took me making a thread for her to cave in. I woke up to a few missed calls from her claiming her sister has cancer and I left her a message saying I was sorry. Where do I go from there?
>>
>>18617658
No where, stop beign a cuck she dumped you for another dick and now wants to use you as her tear pillow. Have some self respect and ignore the bitch.
>>
>>18617658
Do what>>18617668 says.

Only state you're sorry to hear that. You are not her emotional blanket anymore - because she chose someone else to do that. It may seem a bit cold but she's not a part of your life anymore. Also if you do act as that blanket she will always try and use you when she feels shit - which is toxic.
>>
>>18616338
She doesn't feel guilty anon she just wants to know if OP is unable to function without her. She has her new beau and from the moment she started crushing on him OP was of little importance and no more than an obstacle.
>>
>>18616504
Been through enough break ups and fucked up with the first by staying in contact and all it did was hurt because I knew what was going on with her and all she really wanted to know is if I had found someone else. Not because she wanted me but for her own ego.

Thankfully even then I didn't humiliate myself and contact her. I just hadn't learned you must cut all contact. That includes blocking social media, not searching for her in any way, changing your phone number and not opening any messages or letters before discarding them. I even tell friends and family I do not want to hear anything about them and if there are mutual acquaintances I don't tell them anything that could get back to the ex.

I had one have a mutual acquaintance call then get on the phone to tell me of her engagement and she got angry I told her congratulations and have a nice life with no rancor in my voice.

Another found out where I had moved and banged on my door, I looked out the window, she saw me and I turned and closed the blind and did not open the door as she screamed I was a cold bastard. This girl had fucked her boss and was living with him already.

You owe these selfish women nothing and surely not anything that feeds their desire for adoration and the knowledge you are struggling without them.
>>
>>18616584
No only that you fell for the post break up mind fuckery and never to do it again with any woman. They will all do it.
>>
>>18617658
She didn't cave in you did fool. When will you get it in your fucking head this is not a courtship. It is manipulation and she has you by the balls.
>>
>>18617720
Are women seriously evil enough to use their sister's illness as a manipulation tool?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.