[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How best to get a tech job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: butt.jpg (37KB, 270x480px) Image search: [Google]
butt.jpg
37KB, 270x480px
I'm a 18 yr old in Seattle and I'm not sure what education I should pursue to get a tech job. I don't really care what kinda job it is as long as it's back-end coding stuff I just have no idea what's the best route to getting a job like this.
>>
>>18615523

why do people like programming so much? it's gotta be terrible for your back
>>
>>18615525
It can be but it's not that much of a problem for me
>>
>>18615536
You're 18, you have no idea the physical bullshit that life throws at you
>33 years old
>>
>>18615523
>I don't really care what kinda job it is as long as it's back-end coding stuff

In the software industry, it's better to be a jack of all trades than to limit yourself to only one skill set. Companies would rather hire an average person who's willing to learn different skills than a genius who's only good at one thing.

>>18615525

Not an issue if you sit properly on a chair with back support. You don't even have to sit all the time if you work on a stand-up desk.
>>
>>18615523
move from seattle
>>
>>18615525
Because they see it as an easy career with the ability to make money quickly.
>>
It depends on the time and money you're willing to invest. You have a couple of options.

You could get a degree in Computer Science if you have the means to do so, or you could work on some certification program like what Microsoft has to offer.

From what I've seen in IT, most companies want a "well rounded" individual who knows a little (or a lot) about everything. I've worked with people who have full blown Masters degrees that get paid just as much as a guy who has several Microsoft certifications who has a couple of years of experience.

It really comes down to what you're good at and how much time, money, and effort you're willing to spend on getting the "Piece of Paper" that you want whether it's a degree or certifications.

In my opinion, I would go for certifications like what Microsoft has to offer, but that's just my opinion. Some people may have other ideas for you but that's what I would do if I were in your situation at the young age of 18.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.