[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

mild gum disease

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: P1010390[1].jpg (590KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
P1010390[1].jpg
590KB, 2048x1536px
how much does it cost to get effective treatment of mild gum disease in the UK under NHS? im pretty sure its not free, but i havent had the money to pay for that shit until recently, and im getting concerned about the degree to which the gum around one of my teeth is receding. also, can receding gum problems be reversed? id like my gums to cover the same amount of tooth they used to, but i dont know shit about this desu. any other advice on dealing with this shit would be appreciated too.

pic related, its more or less the same stage im at in terms of gum recession.
>>
>>18615415
From what I remember, gums can recover somewhat, but it depends on what has caused the recession. Smoking based recession is resistant to recovery, for example. How did it happen?

If you go to your doctor, lay on the emotions thick. Say it is harming your life, you feel depressed, hopeless, and is effecting your confidence and ability to form relationships. There was a girl at my school who had small tits and she said it gave her anxiety and depression so she got a boob job on the NHS. I used to have gyno and I got it done on the NHS by saying it caused me problems in with girls and depression.
>>
>>18615427
basically during my teen years i had 0 personal hygeine, and i still skip on brushing my teeth some days. smoked one cigarette in my entire life, its purely down to years of bad hygeine. also the way my teeth grew kinda gave me fangs, which can make it really fucking hard to clean all the tooth while brushing.

>If you go to your doctor, lay on the emotions thick. Say it is harming your life, you feel depressed, hopeless, and is effecting your confidence and ability to form relationships. There was a girl at my school who had small tits and she said it gave her anxiety and depression so she got a boob job on the NHS. I used to have gyno and I got it done on the NHS by saying it caused me problems in with girls and depression.
what am i, a fucking woman?
>>
Get a fuck ton of mouthwash and rinse three times a day every day until that bottle is done. Take before and after photos and some progression shots to see if it gets better. If it does not improve, go to a dentist.
>>
Floss twice a day everyday for a year as well as brushing and within a month I'll improve. It might hurt and bleed a bit to start with but you'll get healthier quite quickly. As for the nhs, I don't know but a private booking might be £40 for a clean and initial consultation.
>>
Ask for periodontal treatment. Should cost like £25ish a session as the NHS is banded cost wise.

Other than that, floss once a day, brush twice, mouthwash twice. If your gums bleed (and they will when starting to floss - its normal), get Corsodyl brand mouthwash and it will take a few weeks to get better.
>>
>>18615415
You can claim back the money fucktard.

They're going to have to remove the plaque on your teeth. It's like £50-odd.
>>
>>18616028
wut, really?
>>
>>18616120
Fill out these two forms. And depending on your circumstances, they refund the money.

Now help me: Where do I find (actual) geeks/nerds in London in this day and age in their late 20s?
>>
File: Now help me..png (2MB, 1194x896px) Image search: [Google]
Now help me..png
2MB, 1194x896px
>>18616120
>>18616214
Forgot pic.
>>
File: 1474610729037.gif (378KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1474610729037.gif
378KB, 200x200px
>>18615415

There are probably free or low-cost clinic programs available in the UK.
There are also options like using a dental school as a training aid for students.
If the school doesn't use you then they would know the best options for you. Ask the school for advise/contacts.

Let a dental student loose on your teeth... and save thousands
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2123318/Let-dental-student-loose-teeth--save-thousands.html

Another option is going to another country for dental work.

Dental Tourism - Cost Comparisons: The value proposition of dental travel is that one can find the same quality of services -- or better -- in developing countries at a much lower price than in the West. Although thelack of insurancedrives many to travel for dental work it is often not the only factor. Often those with prior experience receiving medical or dental work overseas realize that the standards they are accustomed to at home are equaled or surpassed in countries with high standards for medical and dental tourism.
http://www.dentaltravelservices.com/dental-tourism-cost-comparisons

Dentistry in Hungary: Considerable savings can be made by travelling to Hungary for cosmetic dentistry abroad or for treatments such as dental implants and dental crowns. Costs for dentistry in Hungary may be as low as 30% of private dental costs in the UK. Many providers will also look after your travel and accommodation arrangements, or you can take advantage of low cost airlines flying into Budapest.
https://www.treatmentabroad.com/cosmetic-dentistry-abroad/hungary
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.